Giants vs. Bills Postgame

Concur with your thoughts on Gay. I think he gets cut and they use the roster spot for another need. I think the question is who they use the roster spot for. Do you carry an extra WR, LB, DB...?

I think if we're afforded one more guy, as a result of releasing Gay, and at that point, you're talking about depth, we'd be wise to retain someone who is also valuable on special teams. I don't think Powell is on the bubble- I think he makes the 53, regardless. But, some other players, Wilder Jr., Little, Boykin, Albright, have all gotten ST play in the preseason, and can contribute. I think it's a question of BPA at the end of the roster.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh, and yes, Albright looked intriguing too. Is he really 6'5" and only 220 lbs? I honestly don't know much about him, but I enjoyed watching him.

Much better this game. Impressed me. Worthy was playing like a second round pick. Casey Walker was hustle

I thought EJ had a great game. Nassib, by contrast... Ugh. He looked horrendous; don't get how the Giants could be comfy with him as the backup

Giants backup QB Ryan Nassib is having the preseason from hell

http://www.foxsports.com/nfl/story/giants-backup-qb-ryan-nassib-is-having-the-preseason-from-hell-082016

Bills contributed :thumbsup:

Tyrod Taylor looks good

http://www.yardbarker.com/nfl/articles/top_10_takeaways_from_nfl_preseason_week_2/s1_12680_21614806

After barely playing in the first preseason game, “Hot Rod” Taylor played through the first quarter and into the second on Saturday. And he looked good for the most part.

Completing seven-of-10 attempts for 132 yards and a touchdown, he moved the chains and scored without the benefit of a running game. LeSean McCoy rushed for zero yards on five attempts, and the Bills couldn’t generate much else on the ground.

@JaySkurski

BN Blitz: Points after: #Bills 21, #Giants 0

https://t.co/NHDsTeh1LX

@TheBillsWire

9 takeaways from Bills 21-0 win over Giants

https://t.co/fF1dJRdgdb

On the field, Bills show few ill effects of off-field distractions in beating Giants

Preseason Week 2: Giants vs. Bills highlights (3:46)

@NewsRadio930

Bills Overcome Distractions and Defeat Giants 21-0 http://bit.ly/2bG3xQd

@TBNSports

#Bills 21, #NYGiants 0. Through The Lens of @jmccoyphoto: http://galleries.buffalonews.com/default.aspx?id=6679#/0

It seems to me that the only people distracted by the so called distractions are the media. The team is focused.

CqV-WMgWgAEB_zR.jpg

Tomorrow in the Buffalo News: "Bills inability to be distracted by distractions becoming a distraction."

"I just stopped worrying about the guys that won't be here and played my game. It really confused me." Taylor said. Edited by The Wiz

What we learned: 24 takeaways from Saturday
Jadeveon Clowney showcased the talent that made him the top pick of the 2014 NFL Draft with a dominant performance against the Saints. Here's what we learned from Saturday's preseason slate.

Tyrod Taylor continues to show why he was worth the pay raise. Despite not having his starting offensive line intact, Taylor escaped Giants pressure early -- often with ease. He highlighted the day with beautiful spin that made a blitzing Janoris Jenkins look silly and roped a 50-plus yard bomb to tight end Charles Clay. When Taylor is healthy, he's so much fun to watch and a handful for defenses.

LeSean McCoy had zero yards on five carries, but proved he's the Bills second-best receiving option behind Sammy Watkins (who sat out the contest). Shady looked fresh and fast, and ran some superb routes against weak Giants linebackers. McCoy ended up with four receptions fro 58 yards and a TD. With Robert Woods and Marquise Goodwin currently the best options at receiver behind Watkins, offensive coordinator Greg Roman should utilize McCoy often in the passing game.

Hughes is right up there with my favorite players. He works his ass off every play. He's made himself better. He was thought of as not strong against the run only because he was a speed rusher but played excellent against the run. He runs plays down from the other side all the time.

He doesn't complain publicly. Even when he had his troubles with Marrone he wasn't a dick about it or take it to the press. When asked to go into coverage last year he just did his job and was good, not bitching like Mario.

Last year, along with Gilmore and Darby he was our best defensive player. When he could have gone to FA he signed here for less. And then, almost more importantly, he tried just as hard if not harder. He's a great interview and role model.

Amen!

Tomorrow in the Buffalo News: "Bills inability to be distracted by distractions becoming a distraction."

Yes, right after the game, I mused to my crew "I can just see the B News people scrambling to throw out their pre-written stories, or do major re-writes, and having to come up with brand new ones. There's all busting their asses to make deadlines, when they thought they had it all figured out."

It's always a gleeful time when the media has to backpeddle. So much of the entire media is so much garbage, and then they cry that they are being driven out of business, or getting sued out of existence, or losing to people that deliver an agenda-free product? The media causes more problems than in solves today, and that's why people hate it == 6% approval rating.

Here's an idea for the sports media in general: stop with the lazy stories, pretending it's 6 years ago, saying the Bills are delivering a crap product, because in doing that, YOU are delivering a crap product. It's only been recently that I've seen people actually start to do their homework on this TEAM, and not solely concentrate on Rex.

The media has been playing catch-up, and has been forced to do so, because what they have been saying isn't panning out on the field. All the "chaos" stories....get followed by a 21-0 thumping of the Giants. The chaos narrative they've been pushing(see: "The Bad News Bills" :rolleyes:) ended, right there.

Hopefully members of the media take this as a learning exercise. Regardless of Rex, regardless of whatever their idiot pre-conceived notions tell them, it's time to start looking at what is actually happening on the field. Today's post-game analyses DO reflect that. So I am encouraged. Thus, I am gonna listen to WGR tomorrow, and give them a chance.

We'll see.

Yes, right after the game, I mused to my crew "I can just see the B News people scrambling to throw out their pre-written stories, or do major re-writes, and having to come up with brand new ones. There's all busting their asses to make deadlines, when they thought they had it all figured out."

It's always a gleeful time when the media has to backpeddle. So much of the entire media is so much garbage, and then they cry that they are being driven out of business, or getting sued out of existence, or losing to people that deliver an agenda-free product? The media causes more problems than in solves today, and that's why people hate it == 6% approval rating.

Here's an idea for the sports media in general: stop with the lazy stories, pretending it's 6 years ago, saying the Bills are delivering a crap product, because in doing that, YOU are delivering a crap product. It's only been recently that I've seen people actually start to do their homework on this TEAM, and not solely concentrate on Rex.

The media has been playing catch-up, and has been forced to do so, because what they have been saying isn't panning out on the field. All the "chaos" stories....get followed by a 21-0 thumping of the Giants. The chaos narrative they've been pushing(see: "The Bad News Bills" :rolleyes:) ended, right there.

Hopefully members of the media take this as a learning exercise. Regardless of Rex, regardless of whatever their idiot pre-conceived notions tell them, it's time to start looking at what is actually happening on the field. Today's post-game analyses DO reflect that. So I am encouraged. Thus, I am gonna listen to WGR tomorrow, and give them a chance.

We'll see.

a damned fine post

@PFF

Biggest takeaways from grading each of Week 2's preseason games: https://t.co/gTyx4XMDVk

Bills 21, Giants 0

QB Taylor shines for Bills; Giants struggle on offense, but get good play from Vernon, Collins on defense

It was a week late, but starting quarterback Tyrod Taylor wowed the home crowd with a couple of big throws to reinforce why the Bills recently signed him to a long-term deal. He was particularly impressive when the Giants tried to blitz him, with a quarterback rating of 102.8 on those plays. Taylor was our ninth-highest-graded quarterback last season, with a lot of success throwing the ball downfield, and if last night against the Giants was anything to go by, he’s looking to become an even better passer in 2016.

On the defensive side of the ball, cornerback Corey White had a standout game, allowing no receptions from the four passes thrown his way, and coming away with three pass breakups. He’s been in the league since 2012, and with the exception of a terrible 2014 season, has generally graded right around average. With the Bills starting cornerbacks set in Stephon Gilmore and Ronald Darby, White had the kind of performance that puts him in position to move higher up the depth chart behind those two.

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

@ChrisBurke_SI

A team-by-team look back at the second week of preseason games: https://t.co/IW8ggcfuvH

Buffalo: Two guys who appear to be taking advantage of holes along Buffalo’s front seven are veterans Jerel Worthy and Lorenzo Alexander. Both were around the ball on a repeated basis Saturday—Alexander recorded a sack; Worthy finished with five tackles and was in the thick of it on a number of run plays. Alexander also offers some versatility as a linebacker who can drop on occasion. Neither is a star, but the Bills just need reliable bodies.