Julian Edelman Injury at Cheatriots Camp?

The Patriot organization is a disgrace to any fan that enjoyys the NFL.

The Patriots are one of the few teams that make the NFL worth watching. Do you think anyone tunes in to watch the Bills? Haha, please.

Edited by hardwork

• Replies 275
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why would I engage anyone who is happy to see an athlete get injured? You forfeited your right to be considered a sportsman of any kind. You lowered yourself to the level of a punk with an axe to grind.

Let's get one thing straight: you came here and quoted me.

You can call me names all you'd like, I won't respond in kind since I'm not foolish enough to think I can assess your character across a message board. I've made my opinion on Edelman quite clear.

There are very few players in the league whose injury would cause me to smile...this guy's one of them.

Now I'll go ahead and say that I hope it's nothing that will affect his life outside of football long-term.

^ Original quote. Too ambiguous for you? Well then read the rest of my response to you. Cliff's Notes version: when guys that have proven themselves jerks have a measure of bad fortune that doesn't affect their quality of life long-term, then it doesn't bother me in the slightest.
Let's also remember that you're the one that took exception to 3 different statements, and now won't defend your stance with anything other than feigned outrage.
Tell me again: who's the "punk with the axe to grind"? The guy that shows up on a rival team's board, spouts off in indignation, and won't defend his stance when challenged, or the guy that explains his position thoroughly with facts?

T

here are very few players in the league whose injury would cause me to smile...this guy's one of them.

Now I'll go ahead and say that I hope it's nothing that will affect his life outside of football long-term.

"As I said, there are very few players in the league whose injury would cause me to smile. This guy's one of them."

That's all I need to know about you. As soon as you posted that you refuted anything else you have to add.

Hard to respect anyone from Boston these days.

Edited by ddaryl

The Patriots are one of the few teams that make the NFL worth watching. Do you think anyone tunes in to watch the Bills? Haha, please.

Actually, Buffalo's market ratings are consistently among the best in the NFL, so yes, people do tune in to watch the Bills.

http://sportstvratings.com/category/local-market-nfl-ratings/

Get educated about the NFL landscape before you come in here pretending to know what you're talking about.

Actually, Buffalo's market ratings are consistently among the best in the NFL, so yes, people do tune in to watch the Bills.

http://sportstvratings.com/category/local-market-nfl-ratings/

Get educated about the NFL landscape before you come in here pretending to know what you're talking about.

Did you think I was talking about the local market? You folks have provincial down, I'll give you that.

Let's get one thing straight: you came here and quoted me.

You can call me names all you'd like, I won't respond in kind since I'm not foolish enough to think I can assess your character across a message board. I've made my opinion on Edelman quite clear.

^ Original quote. Too ambiguous for you? Well then read the rest of my response to you. Cliff's Notes version: when guys that have proven themselves jerks have a measure of bad fortune that doesn't affect their quality of life long-term, then it doesn't bother me in the slightest.
Let's also remember that you're the one that took exception to 3 different statements, and now won't defend your stance with anything other than feigned outrage.
Tell me again: who's the "punk with the axe to grind"? The guy that shows up on a rival team's board, spouts off in indignation, and won't defend his stance when challenged, or the guy that explains his position thoroughly with facts?

This guy likes to see players get hurt, but he's questioning my credibility? Yeah, sure.

Did you think I was talking about the local market? You folks have provincial down, I'll give you that.

Then you have no point whatsoever, since the NFL dominates television ratings regardless of who is playing.

A TNF game between the Jags and Titans draws crazy ratings, because it's NFL football.

This guy likes to see players get hurt, but he's questioning my credibility? Yeah, sure.

Well, considering that you keep ignoring what I've said, yes, I'm questioning your credibility.

Here's a hint: when you acknowledge what someone has actually stated, it helps build credibility. Ignoring it and making things up (i.e. "this guy likes to see people get hurt"), well, not so much.

When you speak only in opinions and do nothing to back them up, well, that's hardly credible.

Edited by thebandit27

They started cheering on the Pats when Bledose put up some numbers and then Ben winter Coates was doing things. Some of us remained Bills/Giants/Eagles fans...a very small some.

It is amazing that the Patriots home games were blacked out for years in the greater Boston area yet their fan base is YUuuuuge now a days. Long are the days of Tony Eason and Steve Grogan.

Yeah. Walking around Boston in 2000 and you never saw any NFL gear but Giants.

I got nothing but respect for Sox, Celtic, and Bruin fans -- but anyone over the age of 16 who claims to be a P*ts fan is a band wagon guy 9 times out of 10.

Shut up and beat us.

Stop cheating and maybe people would.

But that would mean your team wasn't afraid of playing teams straight up. Clearly they are. Because they cheat. A lot.

Why would I engage anyone who is happy to see an athlete get injured? You forfeited your right to be considered a sportsman of any kind.

Hilariously ironic considering the P*ts cheating is the last thing that would be considered good sportsmanship.

So, by extension, you forfeit your right to be considered a sportsman of any kind simply by rooting for the P*triots. :beer:

(and, since you're new, know most of this ribbing is in good fun. But your team are a bunch of dirty cheaters.)

I got nothing but respect for Sox, Celtic, and Bruin fans -- but anyone over the age of 16 who claims to be a P*ts fan is a band wagon guy 9 times out of 10.

But that would mean your team wasn't afraid of playing teams straight up. Clearly they are. Because they cheat. A lot.

Hilariously ironic considering the P*ts cheating is the last thing that would be considered good sportsmanship.

So, by extension, you forfeit your right to be considered a sportsman of any kind simply by rooting for the P*triots. :beer:

(and, since you're new, know most of this ribbing is in good fun. But your team are a bunch of dirty cheaters.)

what if "hard work" is actually Ernie Adams. It's a cry for help from his cage at Foxboro.

Then you have no point whatsoever, since the NFL dominates television ratings regardless of who is playing.

A TNF game between the Jags and Titans draws crazy ratings, because it's NFL football.

How many nationally televised games do you play every year? How many nationally televised games do the Patriots play? Who does the country as a whole like to watch, the Patriots, or the Bills? Not even close.

Be fair Greggy; I don't think NE has ever won because of cheating.

Except maybe against the Rams in that Superbowl--a little too much smoke surrounding that one.

what if "hard work" is actually Ernie Adams. It's a cry for help from his cage at Foxboro.

:lol:

How many nationally televised games do you play every year? How many nationally televised games do the Patriots play? Who does the country as a whole like to watch, the Patriots, or the Bills? Not even close.

Oh, so what you really mean is that the NFL puts NE in prime time more than they do Buffalo? Great. Again, thanks for the update.

This guy's got less substance than a chic club cocktail.

Well, considering that you keep ignoring what I've said, yes, I'm questioning your credibility.

Here's a hint: when you acknowledge what someone has actually stated, it helps build credibility. Ignoring it and making things up (i.e. "this guy likes to see people get hurt"), well, not so much.

When you speak only in opinions and do nothing to back them up, well, that's hardly credible.

Do you watch games to see players get hurt? Is that the attraction for you?

Sportsmanship = when your getting beat in a playoff game find a loophole that will confuse the refs and put the opposition at a distinct disadvantage.

Hey, that's gamesmanship.

I literally had no problem with the formation screwiness; I had a major problem with the officials not being able to correctly identify and announce who the ineligible RB/WR was though

Do you watch games to see players get hurt? Is that the attraction for you?

Wouldn't I be watching NASCAR if that were the case? :lol:

It's clear that you're merely here to argue, which is fine, I've got time to kill (next meeting isn't until 5:30).

If you were actually here to converse, there's no way you'd be this obtuse.

I literally had no problem with the formation screwiness; I had a major problem with the officials not being able to correctly identify and announce who the ineligible RB/WR was though

It's gamesmanship if the goal is to confuse the opponent, it's not gamesmanship if your exploiting a hole in that rule book that is nearly impossible for Ref's to enforce properly.

Oh, so what you really mean is that the NFL puts NE in prime time more than they do Buffalo? Great. Again, thanks for the update.

This guy's got less substance than a chic club cocktail.

What I really mean is what I said at the start of this part of the thread. The Patriots are one of the few teams worth watching in the NFL. That's why they televise them nationally so often. Most of the teams are a bore.

Wouldn't I be watching NASCAR if that were the case? :lol:

It's clear that you're merely here to argue, which is fine, I've got time to kill (next meeting isn't until 5:30).

If you were actually here to converse, there's no way you'd be this obtuse.

We beat you, and just about everybody else. You liked seeing a player get hurt. Live with both of those because they're both true.

It's gamesmanship if the goal is to confuse the opponent, it's not gamesmanship if your exploiting a hole in that rule book that is nearly impossible for Ref's to enforce properly.

In this one rare instance, Common, I think you and I disagree. It's seedy, but it's legal, and I didn't have an issue. I can see, however, why someone might.

What I really mean is what I said at the start of this part of the thread. The Patriots are one of the few teams worth watching in the NFL. That's why they televise them nationally so often. Most of the teams are a bore.

I don't find the Patriots interesting in comparison to other teams.

Carolina, NO, Indy, Denver, Seattle, Arizona; those teams were exciting. NE is milquetoast by comparison (except for Gronk, who I have a soft spot for since I watched all 5 of those kids grow up); they're in prime time a lot because they win and play in a huge market.