Julian Edelman Injury at Cheatriots Camp?

• Replies 275
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Since Kraft bought the Patriots they have had 3 coaches. One inherited, two hired. All 3 had either won, or went onto win, a Super Bowl somewhere. That's no accident. If the sons can run the team as well as Robert Kraft has, it'll be a long haul for rest of the AFC East. Remember, even after Auerbach quite coaching, and moved upstairs, the Celtics continued to be successful for 15 more years. Belichick will do the same thing. He'll move upstairs, they'll bring a new coach in, and we'll continue to dominate. He's only 64.

Thanks for the heads up. So I guess the rest of the NFL should just throw in the towel and give up since the Pats are going to dominate forever. I'm glad I found out now, you just saved me a lot of heartache.

That's it everyone, the NFL is over. Good thing I like hockey.

Not everyone, but you personally, yes, that would be your best bet. You're clearly too easy to get to.

Gotten to? Not even close bud. This is all in fun for me. I like to rattle the cage of people pretending to be someone else. Do you know Jimmy Spags? I'm not gonna lose any sleep.....of course that's nearly impossible anyways having wicked insomnia. There ya go, I threw a "wicked" in there for ya. Enjoy the season, I will no matter how crappy my team might be. Watching football is a privilege to me. I have many more important things to base my life around. Just glad I could get a rise out of you. Rock on old timer!!

Patriots sellout streak began when Kraft bought the team, you know this.

Why bother mentioning the market/population size. GB sells out year after year even when they were awful. They are a tiny market. KC is a small market.

The point is that you can't accuse one fan base of being "bandwagon" and then try to explain away the Bills inability to sell out consistently in bad years because the population is (suddenly?) too small to fill the stadium.

They also went 10-6 that year and, more importantly, had brought in Bill Parcells as coach (much more likely to draw in fans than a change in ownership, although admittedly Kraft hired Parcells). Let's see how they do once the winning stops, Bob Kraft or no.

And I don't know what to tell you if you can't figure out why it might be easier to sell 70,000 seats in a 5 million person metro area vs a 1 million person metro area.

They also went 10-6 that year and, more importantly, had brought in Bill Parcells as coach (much more likely to draw in fans than a change in ownership, although admittedly Kraft hired Parcells). Let's see how they do once the winning stops, Bob Kraft or no.

And I don't know what to tell you if you can't figure out why it might be easier to sell 70,000 seats in a 5 million person metro area vs a 1 million person metro area.

Kraft didn't hire Parcells. He inherited him.

Fans knew they would go 10-6 and therefore bought all those tickets as soon as Kraft took over as owner?

And after they went 10-6 the year, what was their record the next year? And following their SB appearance in 96, what was their record in '99? '00? Did the fans stop coming to games?

What happened in Buffalo after the SB years?

Fan interest, with the noted exceptions, tends to fall off when teams aren't doing well--at least as it is measured at the gate.

Edited by Mr. WEO

Kraft didn't hire Parcells. He inherited him.

Fans knew they would go 10-6 and therefore bought all those tickets as soon as Kraft took over as owner?

And after they went 10-6 the year, what was their record the next year? And following their SB appearance in 96, what was their record in '99? '00? Did the fans stop coming to games?

What happened in Buffalo after the SB years?

Fan interest, with the noted exceptions, tends to fall off when teams aren't doing well--at least as it is measured at the gate.

You just made my case for me there if Kraft had nothing to do with Parcells. It's pretty clear (at least to me), that the Parcells hire is what largely drove those ticket sales. Bringing in a HOF coach will tend to do that. Fans don't give a crap who the owner is (and I'd wager at least 20% of seated fans in some cities couldn't even name theirs). Winning (and the increased chances of winning, like the next year coming off that 10-6 record and playoff appearance) tends to put fannies in seats. Hiring a HOF coach tends to increase your chances of winning. Not that tough to see. Let's see where their ticket sales go after they go 4-12 for a couple of years in a row.

You just made my case for me there if Kraft had nothing to do with Parcells. It's pretty clear (at least to me), that the Parcells hire is what largely drove those ticket sales. Bringing in a HOF coach will tend to do that. Fans don't give a crap who the owner is (and I'd wager at least 20% of seated fans in some cities couldn't even name theirs). Winning (and the increased chances of winning, like the next year coming off that 10-6 record and playoff appearance) tends to put fannies in seats. Hiring a HOF coach tends to increase your chances of winning. Not that tough to see. Let's see where their ticket sales go after they go 4-12 for a couple of years in a row.

Buffalo is a perfect example of this. Once Terry and Kim took over and they hired Rex, Bills season ticket sales picked up big time and had to be capped out. Team still failed to make the playoffs, but the fan support is still there.

more importantly, had brought in Bill Parcells as coach (much more likely to draw in fans than a change in ownership, although admittedly Kraft hired Parcells).

So Kraft hiring Parcels is what did it, except (WAIT!!) Parcels wasn't hired by Kraft...and he went 5-11 the season before Kraft bought the team...and they struggled to sell out the stadium...but they sold out every game when Parcels went 6-10....and they continued to sell out the stadium when Carroll was HC...and when BB went 5-11....

Why do you do this to yourself?

talk football man. Stop being a little tom Brady.

This is a football board. Contribute or !@#$ off

He is talking some football. He keeps telling us how dominate the Pats* are and how they will continue to be no matter who the QB or HC is. He just needs to realize this is a Bills forum.

Pats game is on TV here in VT - will let anyone know if anything exciting happens.

Pats just recovered a turnover...

It's on NFL network, so many here can prolly watch it as well, like I am.