0-5 vs 119-38

Dr.Sack

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What's the better thing? More passes or more runs? I'm going with more passes. The running gets you killed, and while it saves some plays it ruins others.

Now a days I think it's passing without a doubt, Roman is exceptional at what he does well but is he bad at everything else? We had to be bottom of the league in YAC yards last year and some folks have pointed out that TT's drops don't match the routes he has the WR's running.

Hoping for big improvements this season.

Yea but he's quietly spectacular vs Kellen Moore.

So you pick the worst QB he went up against all year to troll the board. Not to mention, you don't play against quarterbacks, you play against defenses. I'm quite sure the Panthers didn't lose to Peyton Manning in the Super Bowl. Kellen Moore himself could've beaten them that day too.

So you pick the worst QB he went up against all year to troll the board. Not to mention, you don't play against quarterbacks, you play against defenses. I'm quite sure the Panthers didn't lose to Peyton Manning in the Super Bowl. Kellen Moore himself could've beaten them that day too.

That was the game where the "quietly spectacular" comment was made on here though hence he referenced it.

Now a days I think it's passing without a doubt, Roman is exceptional at what he does well but is he bad at everything else? We had to be bottom of the league in YAC yards last year and some folks have pointed out that TT's drops don't match the routes he has the WR's running.

Hoping for big improvements this season.

Yes , I recently read that too as an honest critique. I am sure they are working on it

That was the game where the "quietly spectacular" comment was made on here though hence he referenced it.

Ok got it. Nonetheless, he's dogged Taylor for the caliber of QB's he "beat" last year repeatedly. As if when Tom Brady beats a lousy QB that's somehow a mark against him? I don't really get it. I mean, they won the game, I'm not really sure what more they could've done. Said poster has also mocked Taylor for "beating" Hoyer while failing to mention that the Texans defense had played better than any defense in the NFL over the last month going into that game. In short, his act is a tired one. Edited by metzelaars_lives

The reality is eventually a QB has to win games with his arm.

Troubling statistics for the Bills

Tyrod is 0-5 when attempting over 30 passes in a game.

Tom Brady is 119-38.

Jim Kelly went 40-44.

For the record EJ Manuel is 1-8 when attempting over 30 passes in a game.

Huh? No offense, but this stat comparison is completely useless.

1. First, you just compared Tyrod to Brady...nevermind their career differences, but he's a QB who isn't remotely the same STYLE of QB as Brady nor is the systems they play in even remotely similar.

2. Second, you just compared the first year of a QB's career to the career of arguably the greatest QB to play the game, and certain top 3 all time.

3. Your initial statement is also completely wrong. A QB does NOT have to throw 30 times a game and win to be a good QB or a winning QB. That is COMPLETELY 100% dependent on scheme. For instance, if you are a RUNNING team, then when your QB is throwing 30 times plus a game, that means you were probably getting your butt kicked and playing OUTSIDE your game plan. Pats game is to throw, a lot, with Brady. Him throwing over 30+ times is the successful game plan they set out to do. Tyrod throwing 30 times per game means we as a team were not getting it done on offense or defense forcing us to throw so much to play catch up. Thats even further evident in your Jim Kelly stat were he won less than he lost throwing 30+ times because back then, 30+ pass attempts was not our main game plan. We had a balanced attack with Thurman. Yet Kelly was still a first ballot HOF player.

So again, nothing you said actually has any factual relevance. Not the statement of having to be able to win with 30+ attempts...not the comparison...not even the "troubling statistics" comment because its impossible for insignificant stats to be troubling.

The only thing concerning about your stats is that Taylor had to throw 30+ times in 5 of his 13 games because the defense and offense wasn't doing its job as planned, not to mention the injuries to our RB's and other key playmakers made us deviate from our true offensive game plan too often. None of that has to do with Brady or the "need" to throw 30+ times.

Edited by Alphadawg7

Troubling statistic?

In Brady's first season he was 3-1 as a starter throwing over 30 passes. He only had 4 games. By his second season he was 10-8, although he did have two 29 attempt games he lost... So I'm not sure why the number 30 matters.

Peyton Manning was 1-11 in his first season when attempting over 30 passes.

Brett Favre was 5-5 in his first season when attempting over 30 passes.

Drew Brews was 4-5.

Jim Kelly was 2-8.

Let's try comparing apples to apples, not apples to full-hall-of-fame apple orchards.

Tom Brady throws more than 30 times a game nearly every game. He is a good QB, I am not sure the correlation translates to Tyrod not being a good QB. Just that Brady is a very good qb.

You are essentially pitting a hall of fame QB's record against a QB that no one is comparing to him. There are many QB's in this league that aren't Tom Brady, that doesn't mean their teams are in a bad situation.

The 0-5 is a bad comparison. That includes:

a Patriots (1) game where Brady threw 59 times to annihilate us

a Chiefs game where Tyrod threw for almost 300 yards 3 tds and no ints,

a Giants game with no Watkins, or McCoy,

a Patriots (2) game where he could've done better.

a Eagles game where he could've done better

Exactly, the comparison is awful and frankly worthless. Who cares what his record was? It's not his record that counts, it's how well he played in those games that matters. Moreover, often the reason he had to throw 30 times was because we were behind due to our defense giving up 500 yards to a certain somebody who is 119-38 in games where he attemps over 30 passes. :beer:

Edited by Uffalo Ills

Misleading statistics. The games where there are >30 throws are often coming as a result of getting down by two or more scores in the second half. That team then has to throw a ton to try and make up the difference. So they were already much more likely to lose before the passing attempts started to get up there.

The Patriots win if Tom throws a lot, a little, and everything in between. He is not a good comparison for this statistic.