Le'Veon Bell facing 4 game suspension

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

At first, It thought Bell was simply grandstanding and believed it was an idiotic mistake. If, as this article suggests, the NFL is violating their own procedural policies, he may have quite a good platform for making an appeal. Should be interesting none the less.

At first, It thought Bell was simply grandstanding and believed it was an idiotic mistake. If, as this article suggests, the NFL is violating their own procedural policies, he may have quite a good platform for making an appeal. Should be interesting none the less.

I'm not sure what one thing has to do with the other. Bell could sue the NFL over confirming the leaked pending suspension, but that doesn't change his guilt/innocence in the matter at hand or consequences for it.

Nothing will change until the Feds change the law legalizing marijuana which won't happen. It will keep going state by state possibly a change in medical marijuana, but that is going to take years.

Don't be so sure, I think the DEA will move cannabis from a Schedule 1 drug (Heroin, LSD, MDMA, etc.) to a Schedule 3; they were supposed to make a decision by July, but aren't quite there yet.

Testing NFL athletes (or really anyone) for cannabis use is just dumb in my opinion - it's not performance enhancing, people don't get all rowdy on it, if anything it helps with chronic pain. What's next, testing to see if you've drank a beer?

Baseball and Hockey don't care about marijuana use.

Smoke em if you got em.

Having spent a weekend at a skateboard contest I can assure you that sport cares about marijuana use - not the "governing body", but the athletes! That cloud over SoCal ain't just the Sand Fire...

Don't be so sure, I think the DEA will move cannabis from a Schedule 1 drug (Heroin, LSD, MDMA, etc.) to a Schedule 3; they were supposed to make a decision by July, but aren't quite there yet.

Testing NFL athletes (or really anyone) for cannabis use is just dumb in my opinion - it's not performance enhancing, people don't get all rowdy on it, if anything it helps with chronic pain. What's next, testing to see if you've drank a beer?

Having spent a weekend at a skateboard contest I can assure you that sport cares about marijuana use - not the "governing body", but the athletes! That cloud over SoCal ain't just the Sand Fire...

I think it's reasonable for a company to not have to consider whether you may be high on the job. You think that if they stopped testing for MJ, no player in the NFL would ever spark up before a game?

I'm not sure what one thing has to do with the other. Bell could sue the NFL over confirming the leaked pending suspension, but that doesn't change his guilt/innocence in the matter at hand or consequences for it.

The route I'm going with that is that there's basically a predetermination of guilt before he's even started the process of determining guilt/innocence. There is no pending suspension until the hearing happens, which it has not. For lack of better analogy (because there really isn't a great one), it's like giving someone a DUI before determining that they were even drinking. Lots of things could have happened here. Agent messed up dates for testing, broken down communications, etc. Things happen all the time and they usually get sorted when it comes to missed tests.

I think it's reasonable for a company to not have to consider whether you may be high on the job. You think that if they stopped testing for MJ, no player in the NFL would ever spark up before a game?

Who cares ? Accountability will kick in if his play deteriorates because he is stoned and he will be fired.

The route I'm going with that is that there's basically a predetermination of guilt before he's even started the process of determining guilt/innocence. There is no pending suspension until the hearing happens, which it has not. For lack of better analogy (because there really isn't a great one), it's like giving someone a DUI before determining that they were even drinking. Lots of things could have happened here. Agent messed up dates for testing, broken down communications, etc. Things happen all the time and they usually get sorted when it comes to missed tests.

Except this is a league matter, not something in the legal system. Standards are very different here. Bell is said to have missed multiple drug tests. He has been informed of a pending suspension and is still able to appeal. If he successfully appeals then he won't be suspended (or perhaps he'll have a reduced suspension). If not, he will be suspended. The general media reported this information. That scenario happens regularly and none of it is an issue. The only problem is that a person who works for the league's media outlet confirmed this when asked about it. That's it. That NFL media person and/or the league person who gave him the information regarding Bell may be disciplined, but it doesn't change Bell's case at all. And what would be the difference anyway? The information is already out there and there's no jury pool to taint.

You know you're immature when Ben Rothlesberger tells you to grow up

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000678107/article/big-ben-says-martavis-bryant-needs-to-grow-up

Wow. Actual Rapistberger quote:

"I just think the approach, the denial of everything. Looking me in my eye and denying everything, it's tough,"

Tough to imagine something like that, huh Ben?

Wow. Actual Rapistberger quote:

"I just think the approach, the denial of everything. Looking me in my eye and denying everything, it's tough,"

Tough to imagine something like that, huh Ben?

This is what Ben said in 2010:

""I'm truly sorry for the disappointment and negative attention I brought to my family, my teammates, coaches, [steelers owners] the Rooneys and the NFL,"

Then he took his suspension like man.

What is it you were trying to say?

This is what Ben said in 2010:

""I'm truly sorry for the disappointment and negative attention I brought to my family, my teammates, coaches, [steelers owners] the Rooneys and the NFL," [/size]

Then he took his suspension like man.

What is it you were trying to say?

I'm thinking more about him refusing to change his behavior until what was at least the third time he was accused of sexual assault, him denying that he'd ever done such things and even successfully appealing to have his suspension reduced. It was a long time before he changed how he acted and I was thinking about the people he hurt, including the women involved, his teammates and his family. It seems hypocritical to me to see him dress down Bryant for smoking pot when he'd have been banned from the league for his actions if there had been the same rules and scrutiny for such actions as there are today.

I'm thinking more about him refusing to change his behavior until what was at least the third time he was accused of sexual assault, him denying that he'd ever done such things and even successfully appealing to have his suspension reduced. It was a long time before he changed how he acted and I was thinking about the people he hurt, including the women involved, his teammates and his family. It seems hypocritical to me to see him dress down Bryant for smoking pot when he'd have been banned from the league for his actions if there had been the same rules and scrutiny for such actions as there are today.

He denied what he was accused of and was never charged with anything. Bell has repeated and willfully broken rules that he knows will keep him off the field--to the detriment of his team mates and fans.

What rules in place today would have "banned" Ben from the NFL?

This should be good...