Let's Get Wilder - Watch out for James Wilder, Jr at RB

I've been a busy busy guy, was not around the computer much as life picked up..all good and fun things so its worked out : ) But footballs coming back and so am I (I'm going to try) - missed talking football with the best, most intelligent fans in the Bills Mafia

I know what you mean about Gillislee...I am worried about him having to be our number 2 back for the first 2-5 weeks of the season. He had a high YPC last year, but that was inflated to like 4 runs of 40 yards or longer....is that a sign of what he will do regularly if given the time? Or is it a sign that he was a bit lucky? His last game, as the "feature back", was pretty terrible if I remember correctly.

I am on the fence with us bringing in someone else...I guess it wouldnt hurt, but we still need to get The Williams and Shady their touches, and adding a 6th running back is hard to feed...focus on Gillislee and Wilder and hope they work out for the first quarter of the season?

If not for the looming suspensions and suspicions about Shady's injury (is it an ankle? a lingering hammy?), I'd be extremely confident in our stable of backs.

Even as it is, I'm not desperate for the bills to sign another back. We have good depth. It'll be an interesting battle for roster spots.

i think there premium ultra RB's are great. i'm not sure mccoy is still that. i'm not sure karlos was everthat. i like guys like gillislee, wilder, and others. rb is a very easy position to play and be successful.

i am convinced that some times it is the work ethic of these guys in the position that make it.

Is he just trolling Karlos now? ^_^

James Wilder Jr ‏@IAm_Wilder32 41m41 minutes ago

1f633.pngComing back to camp with 3.6% body fat 227lbs solid feeling better than ever!!!! #getWILDER

Cn6_C6NWIAAed-h.jpg

the man likes him some filters. jesus.

When you have athletes at this level it's little things that separate them.The fact that he has regained his confidence could propel him to the next level.He looks the part that for sure and the fact that he has something to prove and is doing it for his family will surely have me rooting for him to succeed...Good luck James ignore the haters!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_g-Cu2eAaH4

I'm thinking this guy can be a monster with his Karlos Style of running. I'm pretty high on him. But watching his combine- he's kind of stiff. He's bigger and stronger than Karlos. Karlos looks way more fluid out there though. High/Fat Karlos or not he's a special athlete. I hope Wilder shows more fluidity in camp/pre-season.

Edited by Billschinatown

When you have athletes at this level it's little things that separate them.The fact that he has regained his confidence could propel him to the next level.He looks the part that for sure and the fact that he has something to prove and is doing it for his family will surely have me rooting for him to succeed...Good luck James ignore the haters!

Kromer (as has Whaley, and Romans an excellent schemer) has done well with depth backs. Never know if he could be a Chris ivory type of player

Edited by NoSaint

Kromer (as has Whaley, and Romans an excellent schemer) has done well with depth backs. Never know if he could be a Chris ivory type of player

I would agree, Wilder is in a pretty favorable environment to succeed.