Williams speech/Alton/Philando/Dallas shootings

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I sang a Prince song (to myself) so I believe that I am guilty of appropriating Black culture.

Mea Culpa..........

Geez I thought I knew all of Prince's songs but I don't know that one. Or is Mea Culpa some hot chick Prince was hooked up with?

Geez I thought I knew all of Prince's songs but I don't know that one. Or is Mea Culpa some hot chick Prince was hooked up with?

No............that was Maya Culpa.......... :flirt:

Sorry for the confusion, I was just flashing back to my altar boy days.

Mea Culpa,

Mea Culpa,

Mea Maxima Culpa

His interesting comment was this:

Some good advice from Chris Rock:

Yeah, I think this idiot is missing the point. It's not the police who are deescalating those situations. If a white guy ignores a cops' directions and tries to grab his gun, guess what happens?

Yeah, I think this idiot is missing the point. It's not the police who are deescalating those situations. If a white guy ignores a cops' directions and tries to grab his gun, guess what happens?

Very true although the newest cop killing video Alton Sterling should have those 2 cops arrested for murder.

While roughing the guy up and his hands pinned they see a gun and blast away.

Very true although the newest cop killing video Alton Sterling should have those 2 cops arrested for murder.

While roughing the guy up and his hands pinned they see a gun and blast away.

You must have seen a different video, because I didn't see where both hands were "pinned". Can you post the video link to the video that you saw?

You must have seen a different video, because I didn't see where both hands were "pinned". Can you post the video link to the video that you saw?

It's the same one that you saw, that's all over the web.

One cop hits him with the belly to belly suplex for some reason then they both have him on ground and yell there's a gun then it's goodnight Irene.

You think it was justified ? Didn't appear the dead guy had any real ability to draw a gun in his position.

Furthermore why did the police get rid of the video footage from the convenience store ? Nothing to hide right ?

Edited by Ryan L Billz

It's the same one that you saw, that's all over the web.

One cop hits him with the belly to belly suplex for some reason then they both have him on ground and yell there's a gun then it's goodnight Irene.

You think it was justified ? Didn't appear the dead guy had any real ability to draw a gun in his position.

Hm, I don't know if it's justified. And, my point is that instead of joining another growing horde of ignorance, we should step back and wait for facts to be revealed before making any kind of judgements.

I will tell you that it appears as if his right hand is not secured, and one can easily fire a gun from a supine position. We don't know if there was a gun, and if there was where it was. Taking some hypotheticals...if there was a gun and the dead guy reached for it, are we expecting the Leo to wait for him to grab the gun and point it at him before he is justified to shoot?

As far as the "belly to belly suplex", it sounded as if the taser had been deployed to no effect. Which, the next thing is going hands on. That's the way it's done.

Hm, I don't know if it's justified. And, my point is that instead of joining another growing horde of ignorance, we should step back and wait for facts to be revealed before making any kind of judgements.

I will tell you that it appears as if his right hand is not secured, and one can easily fire a gun from a supine position. We don't know if there was a gun, and if there was where it was. Taking some hypotheticals...if there was a gun and the dead guy reached for it, are we expecting the Leo to wait for him to grab the gun and point it at him before he is justified to shoot?

As far as the "belly to belly suplex", it sounded as if the taser had been deployed to no effect. Which, the next thing is going hands on. That's the way it's done.

According to "sources" there was a gun in his pocket.

Seems rough, but being a cop thrust into the situation has to be rough as well.

According to "sources" there was a gun in his pocket.

Seems rough, but being a cop thrust into the situation has to be rough as well.

If that is true, and he moved to get that gun...especially after being expressly told not to reach for the gun (or there would be life ending consequences), it's justified all day long. He had already threatened someone with the gun, and now he is moving to get the gun after they told him not to touch it. I believe it is safe to presume that reaching for the gun showed intent to do violence. He wouldn't reach for it to hand it to the cops, especially after they just said "if you go for the gun, we will shoot you" (paraphrase). So, I don't see how anyone in their right mind could call for a murder prosecution...if he had a gun and moved towards taking possession of it. Sure, it "looks bad" because the cop is on top of him and at close range. It's ugly. It has bad optics. I have news for you though, guns fire up just as well as they do down.

But, I will wait for all the facts before rendering an educated opinion on whether it is justified or not.