Williams speech/Alton/Philando/Dallas shootings

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

New police shooting in Charlotte sparks protests, tear-gas response; Update: Police chief: We found a weapon at the scene

Charlotte police contradict family of man shot dead by cop; they say he had a gun and not a book http://cnn.it/2cTvy5G

Cs4fc7fWIAEQApY.jpg

So let me get this right: a black police chief says a black polioce officer shot an armed black man, and they're rioting in Charlotte because...why exactly?

So let me get this right: a black police chief says a black polioce officer shot an armed black man, and they're rioting in Charlotte because...why exactly?

NC has been a powder keg of pissed off and ignorance. Between HB2 of recent and the long existence of racial tensions between the minorities against the masses and embodied by the self righteous left this was bound to happen. It didn't matter if a white man was shot by an Eskimo. Charlotte is going to help spark another state fight.

Its going to be awful. I have plans in Charlotte tonight and may cancel them to avoid any of this.

Because all the white people are devils, per her his supposed brother:

What made me sick is not so much him (if indeed it was his brother and he's emotional), but all the black people on twitter saying "Yeah, he said it!" and cheering him on. It's just pure hatred.

And, then the cop turns out to be black anyway. The video of him stopped showing up in the trending topic then.

What made me sick is not so much him (if indeed it was his brother and he's emotional), but all the black people on twitter saying "Yeah, he said it!" and cheering him on. It's just pure hatred.

And, then the cop turns out to be black anyway. The video of him stopped showing up in the trending topic then.

Eff him, even if it is the brother. Racism gets a pass all day when it's coming from a black guy.

26 year old black guy shot him. I don't see where "whitey" is accountable here

Edited by Ryan L Billz

I was in Charlotte a month ago for a 10k. There were about half a dozen groups on corners preaching about race. Claiming whites are the devil. Yelling at a man, his family/kids that they are what's wrong with this country.

Yeah, Charlotte could be a lot worse than Ferguson.

The families and witnesses claiming it was actually a white cop who shot him. He had a book. He was disabled. didn't own a gun. Etc.

Riots starting in uptown. BoA closed early wells too. Uptown is a mess and they're about to block Tryon and trade

With racial tension in Charlotte it's gonna blow up.

From friends:

Protestors want to march down upper class Charlotte neighborhoods like South Park, Dilworth. Likely never happen police probably won't let them there. They'd never make it to Carmel or Matthews, though. Dilworth Southpark are just outside of the city, easily walked to

Some fear they'll try to get in to the downtown buildings like BoA, Wells or other towers.

Protestors civil and look disinterested - local Charlotte news showing it 24/7

Twitter has people wanting cops dead, but dead mans faily condemned violence.

Helicopters mobilized, police not out anymore then normal. Friends have friends who are cops there, they're pretty all on duty

City advised bringing in any potted plants, benches, anything not bolted own at businesses and residences. There are a lot of small cafes downtown with many tables

People say it'll get bad tonight. But I doubt it gets too awful, the police won't let it and there is too much money in Charlotte.

bystander had a picture shown where you can clearly see a gun on the ground, but they'll say it was Photoshop

Eeeeedit 1

Flash bangs, teargas. Hundreds I. Streets.people screaming !@#$ the police. Climbing the walls in to private residences and the hotels. Hotels raided. Cop cars attacked. Time Warner cable arena has been attempted to break in to. In last 30 min. Cops broke it up quick.

Cam newton had good comments talking about how the community can't be hypocritical

Roads in uptown are shut down

Is fox news, CNN or others covering this?

Editg 2

Protests violent. Someone ****. Critical status. No cop involved.

Last 60 min it turned up hot. 30 min been flaming.

Dudes tainting cops, smoking weed open in front of cops,

They approached omni hotel, an uptown hotel, police rolled out turned them back.

Things being thrown at cops, no injuries to police yet.

Charlotte light rail has been closed

Edit 3

Teargas and quickly being deployed. Cpd aint !@#$ing around

Police not scared or backing down to protest the queen city. The heart of this is college and trade, and trade is the main road of Charlotte

When they attacked the omni police went hard to stop and deescalate

Edited by Boyst62

Eeeeedit 1

Flash bangs, teargas. Hundreds I. Streets.people screaming !@#$ the police. Climbing the walls in to private residences and the hotels. Hotels raided. Cop cars attacked. Time Warner cable arena has been attempted to break in to. In last 30 min. Cops broke it up quick.

Cam newton had good comments talking about how the community can't be hypocritical

Roads in uptown are shut down

Is fox news, CNN or others covering this?

Editg 2

Protests violent. Someone ****. Critical status. No cop involved.

Last 60 min it turned up hot. 30 min been flaming.

Dudes tainting cops, smoking weed open in front of cops,

They approached omni hotel, an uptown hotel, police rolled out turned them back.

Things being thrown at cops, no injuries to police yet.

Charlotte light rail has been closed

Edit 3

Teargas and quickly being deployed. Cpd aint !@#$ing around

Police not scared or backing down to protest the queen city. The heart of this is college and trade, and trade is the main road of Charlotte

When they attacked the omni police went hard to stop and deescalate

Yeah says about 800 people and the crowd is currently dispersed.