Fantasy 2016

CommonCents

Starting to get excited, our draft is on August 27th. A ten team- one keeper league with standard format. Is your draft planned yet? What format are you using this year?

I saw this article pop up while at work, it's not great though he doesn't have Freeman listed in his top 20.

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/news/fantasy-football-rb-rankings-2016-122148550.html

Alright, I'm a bit conflicted over who I should keep in my dynasty league. We get to keep 2 players, it's a PPR league and with Calvin Johnson retiring I'm looking for a new keeper.

Here are the options:

Luck, McCoy, Amari Cooper, Cobb, Barnidge, and Tyrod...

Luck has been on my team for ages and I'm expecting a bounce back year so I think I need to keep him. The choice then would really come down to Cooper or McCoy but I lean more towards Cooper. Thoughts?

Alright, I'm a bit conflicted over who I should keep in my dynasty league. We get to keep 2 players, it's a PPR league and with Calvin Johnson retiring I'm looking for a new keeper.

Here are the options:

Luck has been on my team for ages and I'm expecting a bounce back year so I think I need to keep him. The choice then would really come down to Cooper or McCoy but I lean more towards Cooper. Thoughts?

Cooper. All day everyday, we play way to many teams that are good against the run year in and year out. Shady also isn't a lock to get the goal line work.

I'm not a big fantasy player but I will say one thing.

Draft. Donte. Moncrief.

I like Moncrief I had him last year as my third wideout, if Luck bounces back he could have a high upside.

I like Moncrief I had him last year as my third wideout, if Luck bounces back he could have a high upside.

I don't quite know if the Reception Perception stuff that Matt Harmon does is entirely my kind of thing but a lot of football & fantasy guys love his work.

All I know is that Matt loves him some Moncrief - http://www.thebackyardbanter.com/reception-perception-improved-technician-donte-moncrief-is-set-to-explode-in-2016.html

I don't quite know if the Reception Perception stuff that Matt Harmon does is entirely my kind of thing but a lot of football & fantasy guys love his work.

All I know is that Matt loves him some Moncrief - http://www.thebackyardbanter.com/reception-perception-improved-technician-donte-moncrief-is-set-to-explode-in-2016.html

Nice, thanks for sharing. I'm surprised you don't do fantasy. I resisted for years, 5 years later and I'm addicted.

Nice, thanks for sharing. I'm surprised you don't do fantasy. I resisted for years, 5 years later and I'm addicted.

I did a 2 man league with a friend on the NFLUK site last year but it doesn't really appeal much to me (mainly because I lost to a novice).

If I took it seriously, I'd probably be half-decent.

I did a mock draft the other day. This year is going to be a little more difficult I think. Too many RB's coming back off of injury, too many player's retiring or just getting old.

My leagues this year are switching things up on PPR because WRs are diminishing the value of RB's. However I like PPR, so I gave the leagues the option of knocking PPR to half point, removing it, or giving RB's like .12-.25 points per carry. They overwhelmingly approved giving RB's points per carry. Hope it doesn't backfire.

Who is your guy's first round pick? Where do you prefer to pick?

PS this fantasy forum needs to be a little more lively!

Edited by What a Tuel

Did a 12 team mock on FantasyPros picking from the 12 spot.

QB Russell Wilson SEA

RB Lamar Miller HOU

RB Ryan Mathews PHI

WR A.J. Green CIN

WR Golden Tate DET

WR Michael Crabtree OAK

TE Delanie Walker TEN

DST New England Patriots

K Cairo Santos KC

RB Duke Johnson CLE

WR Torrey Smith SF

WR Markus Wheaton PIT

QB Tyrod Taylor BUF

TE Eric Ebron DET

RB Jerick McKinnon MIN

Edited by Blokestradamus

• 2 weeks later...

My paid league is on NFL.com. If 10 people are interested in doing a league for bragging rights I will set it up. Please be an active poster and an avid football fan so the league flows. It will be a dud if no one is changing lineups and playing the wire waiver etc. No money, just Bills pride. 10 man, standard scoring rules.

• 2 weeks later...
Turrble.

Last year I was:

IK'S RIGHT HOOK

PERCY'S CHOKE HOLD

RICHIE'S BASEBALL BAT

I'm at a loss so far this year.

IK'S KNEE

PERCY'S kitty

RICHIE'S FERRARI

?

Edited by SAMMY HANDWICH

Turrble.

Last year I was:

IK'S RIGHT HOOK

PERCY'S CHOKE HOLD

RICHIE'S BASEBALL BAT

I'm at a loss so far this year.

IK'S KNEE

PERCY'S kitty

RICHIE'S FERRARI

?

Our league is goofing around with a GOt theme I brain stormed....

Another week, Another Wun Wun

Another week, Another One Won ...lame I know.

I'm also considering drafting Vance McDonald, the 9ers will be passing a lot and he moves better than most people would expect, sleeper baby!

Edited by Commonsense

Here are the options:

Is there a cost associated with keeping for example the round they were drafted? If not keep your best 2 players whoever you like best. I would think Luck and McCoy/Cooper.

Did a 12 team mock on FantasyPros picking from the 12 spot.
QB Russell Wilson SEA
RB Lamar Miller HOU
RB Ryan Mathews PHI
WR A.J. Green CIN
WR Golden Tate DET
WR Michael Crabtree OAK
TE Delanie Walker TEN
DST New England Patriots
K Cairo Santos KC
RB Duke Johnson CLE
WR Torrey Smith SF
WR Markus Wheaton PIT
QB Tyrod Taylor BUF
TE Eric Ebron DET
RB Jerick McKinnon MIN

I always seem to end up with TOrrey Smith on my team and hate it. He is good enough to not drop but not good enough that anyone wants him. He just sits on the bench all year lol. I think this draft is a little short on RB. Ryan Mathews is always an injury risk and you are left with 2 backup rbs to plug in. I never draft a backup te and most of the time not a backup qb (although I love Tyrod at his ADP). There is almost always a waiver wire plug and play for the bye week.

My paid league is on NFL.com. If 10 people are interested in doing a league for bragging rights I will set it up. Please be an active poster and an avid football fan so the league flows. It will be a dud if no one is changing lineups and playing the wire waiver etc. No money, just Bills pride. 10 man, standard scoring rules.

http://forums.twobillsdrive.com/topic/187274-tbd-espn-fantasy-football-league/

Someone else is doing a league also, but it doesn't seem like they have enough people. Maybe combine if either of you have a few people.

Just had the first of my two league drafts last night. This one is not PPR. Snake draft, 12 teams, I had the 4th overall pick.

Starters:

QB - Jameis Winston TB

RB - Ezekiel Eliott DAL

RB - Thomas Rawls SEA

WR - Allen Robinson JAX

WR - Jarvis Landry MIA

TE - Greg Olsen CAR

FLEX - Jay Ajayi MIA

D - Bills (couldn't stop myself)

K - Brandon McManus DEN

Bench:

RB - TJ Yeldon JAX

WR - Sterling Shepard NYG

TE - Charles Clay TE

WR - Mohamed Sanu ATL

WR - Kamar Aiken BAL

RB - Alfred Morris DAL

WR - Will Fuller HOU

I'm just going to drop the crappiest WR/RB when it comes bye week time, if my current D/K are worth keeping.

Just had the first of my two league drafts last night. This one is not PPR. Snake draft, 12 teams, I had the 4th overall pick.

Starters:

QB - Jameis Winston TB

RB - Ezekiel Eliott DAL

RB - Thomas Rawls SEA

WR - Allen Robinson JAX

WR - Jarvis Landry MIA

TE - Greg Olsen CAR

FLEX - Jay Ajayi MIA

D - Bills (couldn't stop myself)

K - Brandon McManus DEN

Bench:

RB - TJ Yeldon JAX

WR - Sterling Shepard NYG

TE - Charles Clay TE

WR - Mohamed Sanu ATL

WR - Kamar Aiken BAL

RB - Alfred Morris DAL

WR - Will Fuller HOU

I'm just going to drop the crappiest WR/RB when it comes bye week time, if my current D/K are worth keeping.

I'm assuming you went Elliott first which I get if you like him but I don't like him over some of the guys you must have passed on. Good job getting Morris as the handcuff.

I really like your starting WRs as well as Aiken althoughI like Landry better in PPR. I'm thinking Fuller will be your cut for a bye as a rookie wr with a crappy qb doesn't sound like a recipe for success.

If I'm guessing 1. Elliott 2. ARob 3. Rawls 4. Landry 5. Olsen Where did you go in round 6?

Ballsy going Jameis with not other option. Starting QB and Flex are the biggest question marks in your starting lineup for me. Good spots to have question marks as the waiver can provide an answer to both of those spots.

Just some feedback for fun :thumbsup:

Edited by section122

I'm assuming you went Elliott first which I get if you like him but I don't like him over some of the guys you must have passed on. Good job getting Morris as the handcuff.

I really like your starting WRs as well as Aiken althoughI like Landry better in PPR. I'm thinking Fuller will be your cut for a bye as a rookie wr with a crappy qb doesn't sound like a recipe for success.

If I'm guessing 1. Elliott 2. ARob 3. Rawls 4. Landry 5. Olsen Where did you go in round 6?

Ballsy going Jameis with not other option. Starting QB and Flex are the biggest question marks in your starting lineup for me. Good spots to have question marks as the waiver can provide an answer to both of those spots.

Just some feedback for fun :thumbsup:

You nailed it. The draft didn't go as planned (was hoping for Gurley & Mccoy with my first two), but I'm not terribly disappointed. I'm not so much a fan of Elliott as I am of that OL, especially if Romo is healthy. Doesn't hurt that he's a 3 down back either. The first 3 picks went: 1. Gurley 2. Brown 3. Jones

I realize it's dumb but I just couldn't get over my dislike of Beckham. I think Elliott might do better than Peterson do I took him and was lucky enough to handcuff him in the 14th round.

You were spot on with your order as well.

5. Olson

6. Yeldon

7. Ajayi

8. Shepherd

9. Winston

Rb's are like trade gold come midseason. Yeldon should at least split time with Ivory. Ajayi was named starter anyways, but I'm also banking on a heavier workload once Foster gets injured.

Tyrod was going to be my pick, but went right before I was going to grab him in the 8th, so I went with Shepherd there and picked up Jameis in the 9th. It's risky, but I'm hoping to be able to trade for a QB later if necessary.

If he stays healthy, I could see Clay getting the FLEX spot depending on matchups.

Fuller was a 15th round free roll. I saw that he had a good preseason game, and decided to roll with it.

Thanks for the feedback.

Edited by LBSeeBallLBGetBall

Have my draft Wednesday night, excited but nervous as I do think this is gonna be a crazy year with so many changes throughout the NFL with old guys retiring, injuries, suspensions, guys going to new teams and playing in different systems.

More important than ever to pick up FA;s as the season progresses. This season we are going to a FAAB system instead of waiver. I think it adds another layer of strategy. Not huge but at least you don't have to wait in line.

Edited by Dante

Did my first draft in years last night. 10-team league, PPR. 2 QB, 3 RB, 3 WR, 2 Flex, TE, DST, K. Don't think I came out of it terribly, 3rd RB might be a little iffy but this is my starters:

Drew Brees

Jameis Winston

Todd Gurley

Lamar Miller

Theo Riddick

Brandin Cooks

Doug Baldwin

Eric Decker

Jordan Matthews

Desean Jackson

Delanie Walker

Vikings DST

Dan Bailey

Edited by Blokestradamus

Nice drafts, I finished up with 7 RB's, I don't give receivers much value after the middle rounds have passed by.

WR's

Julio

ARob

Evans

M. Jones

RB's

Rawls, Langford, Dixon, Perkins, Booker, Payne, Foster

QB's

Luck

Seattle defense and McManus for kicker. The strategy is that one or two of the young backs explode into a high end RB. Also made it a point to draft behind older starting backs like Johnathan Stewart to better my chances at gaining a starting back. Dixon looked great until the knee sprain...oh well odds in my favor I hope.

Had my second draft last night. 12 team, PPR league with 1 keeper (drafted 6th round or later).

QB - Brady, Tyrod

RB - Elliott, McCoy, M. Jones, Ajayi, Morris

WR - Baldwin (keeper), Edelman, Funchess, Sanu, Fuller

TE - Olson

K - Boswell

D - Minn

I have to admit, it was really fun being involved in a draft again. I felt anticipation in the build up. I even got nervous waiting for my first pick.

Then again, it didn't end until 4am and I could've just been delirious at that point. :lol:

The rest of the FF season isn't nearly as fun as the drafting.

Winning is!

True. It's been a rough stretch of injury plagued seasons for me. I feel good about this year though.

I do say that every year though so...

Edited by LBSeeBallLBGetBall