The Ultimate Classic Buffalo Must-Eat Food Guide

Rubes

Could you point me to the thread? If there are a few key places that people are passionate about, that is certainly doable.

it started out about former Bills starting a steakhouse but turned into a where to get good steaks thread.

http://forums.twobillsdrive.com/topic/186850-former-bills-to-open-high-end-steakhouse-in-buffalo/

Never been to Caputi's, do they have wings that you'd say are some of the best in town? Can't miss them wings?

As for Asian, that's a category that (to me at least) isn't something I think of when I think of Buffalo food. Like, if someone had a weekend in Buffalo and was looking for some of the best "Buffalo" spots to hit, I don't think I'd send them for Asian food. But if any of those are the kind of "holy **** this is the kind of food people definitely don't want to miss," then I can do that.

I'm sort of going for the "Buffalo Experience" set of places, if that makes sense.

I know it is a matter of opinion but as an Asian food lover I would say Sun would not make the list foe a "wow" kind of place. IMHO it is average. If you want "wow" Asian head up to Toronto.

I know it is a matter of opinion but as an Asian food lover I would say Sun would not make the list foe a "wow" kind of place. IMHO it is average. If you want "wow" Asian head up to Toronto.

Well, I've reached the limit for the number of layers I can have in that Google Map, so we can't have any new categories anyway.

Nice job Rubes! I'm having relatives in from out of town for our wedding in a few weeks. I'm gonna have to direct them to this list so I don't get a million restaurant questions!

Btw, just an idea, but when the list settles down a bit, maybe we could vote on each section and rank accordingly?

For example:

Wings (voted on by TBD panel)

1. Bar Bill

2. Dwyer's

3. Duff's

4. Gabriel's Gate

5. etc.

Nice job Rubes! I'm having relatives in from out of town for our wedding in a few weeks. I'm gonna have to direct them to this list so I don't get a million restaurant questions!

Btw, just an idea, but when the list settles down a bit, maybe we could vote on each section and rank accordingly?

For example:

1. Bar Bill

2. Dwyer's

3. Duff's

4. Gabriel's Gate

5. etc.

Hey, that's a good idea, thanks!

For example:

1. Elmo's

2. Bar Bill

3. Dwyer's

4. Duff's

5. Gabriel's Gate

6. etc.

Then let it begin :pirate:

Sorry...had to... :beer:

Oh I definitely agree that the Asian fare is better in Toronto as a whole. It's all personal preference of course; I just happen to think that Sun holds up in comparison.

Papa Jakes did close. There is a new restaurant that opened but I haven't heard much about it, which can't be good. Casey's on Amherst street is a worthy fish fry substitute.

I heard Martin Cooks is closing/moving???

Nice work.

Papa Jakes did close. There is a new restaurant that opened but I haven't heard much about it, which can't be good. Casey's on Amherst street is a worthy fish fry substitute.

I heard Martin Cooks is closing/moving???

Nice work.

Martin Cooks already closed (I was there for the closing party--so was Doug Whaley)--he's opening a new place "very soon" on Niagara Street. Similar style, but they'll only be doing the prefix menu once/week; everything else will be a la carte.

Martin Cooks already closed (I was there for the closing party--so was Doug Whaley)--he's opening a new place "very soon" on Niagara Street. Similar style, but they'll only be doing the prefix menu once/week; everything else will be a la carte.

Ah, shame. Their web site says, "Look for us in August on Niagara Street. More to come!" So I guess I'll mark down that it's closed, but I'll leave it in there and on the map for now. Thanks.

Ah, shame. Their web site says, "Look for us in August on Niagara Street. More to come!" So I guess I'll mark down that it's closed, but I'll leave it in there and on the map for now. Thanks.

Martin originally told me (back in December) that his goal was this fall, but apparently things with the developer moved faster than he anticipated, so he started thinking about summer.

Whatever he does, rest assured it'll be fantastic and well-publicized.

Make sure you're following his social media pages.

i agree with most of this (except anchor bar, but that's another topic).

however, you need to have Charlie the Butcher for the beef on weck category. this is "real" roast beef and not the thin sliced crap most places serve. and maybe add Steve's Pig and Ox roast on Ridge Road in Lackawanna.

i agree with most of this (except anchor bar, but that's another topic).

however, you need to have Charlie the Butcher for the beef on weck category. this is "real" roast beef and not the thin sliced crap most places serve. and maybe add Steve's Pig and Ox roast on Ridge Road in Lackawanna.

Done! Thanks for the additions.

If you have never been to Anchor bar, then it is a must because of history.

This I would agree with. Have to go there once.