Cinemark reportedly wants Colorado victims to pay fees

Beerball

I was doing some traveling the past couple weeks and I'm thinking the best place to do damage is a bomb or something else by the security line. Anyone can walk in the front doors of an airport.

Well if they didn't think of it yet, now they'll know. Thanks a lot, Jim!

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was doing some traveling the past couple weeks and I'm thinking the best place to do damage is a bomb or something else by the security line. Anyone can walk in the front doors of an airport.

Yet another reason to have priority access.

I realized that years ago. "Security" as practiced is more about pushing the security perimeter farther out than anything. The perimeter is still unprotected. I also figured that, if it was so damned obvious to me, then someone else figured it out and put security in place that we're not seeing. Not that I have all that much confidence in that guess.

But then, if you REALLY want to do damage to the US...a sustained campaign against retailers after Thanksgiving. Four mass shootings in shopping malls nationwide on Black Friday, then one or two every day after for as long as you can sustain it. Make people afraid to go Christmas shopping, and that'll tank the shopping season and cause a noticeable blip in economic growth all out of proportion to the effort involved.

Yo, Danny Partridge:

Your brilliant revelation is a bit too late. I am pretty sure the nasties in Brussels already figured that & came to that conclusion 3 months ago.

;-) :-P

Now... CaliKD:

Even if it is a 19 year old @ the helm, how the hell does an e-door stay ajar and no red flags go up?? Let alone the flow of some dim light into the darkened theater? WTF, if not for the one in a zillion chance some nut will shoot up the place, it seems like a major company policy breach leaving the barn door open.

BTW... Hope you got the Partridge Family episode reference... :-)

I realized that years ago. "Security" as practiced is more about pushing the security perimeter farther out than anything. The perimeter is still unprotected. I also figured that, if it was so damned obvious to me, then someone else figured it out and put security in place that we're not seeing. Not that I have all that much confidence in that guess.

But then, if you REALLY want to do damage to the US...a sustained campaign against retailers after Thanksgiving. Four mass shootings in shopping malls nationwide on Black Friday, then one or two every day after for as long as you can sustain it. Make people afraid to go Christmas shopping, and that'll tank the shopping season and cause a noticeable blip in economic growth all out of proportion to the effort involved.

I know people who repo cars on Black Friday, trolling the mall lots w/tow truck and plate scanning tech...

...If that don't make people scared to go Black Friday shopping in a car that has a note 6 months past due... Well, nothing will!

;-)

Well if they didn't think of it yet, now they'll know. Thanks a lot, Jim!

LoL... The March 23rd, 2016 USA Today headlines get no credit... ChefJim on 7/7/16 hands out all the timely advice.

You guys gotta get out more... Tom is a few years ahead. :-)

Edited by ExiledInIllinois

Carried out by IS and sponsored by Amazon.com.

I was just in Southeast Asia, and they check the cars that enter the airport (under carriage mirrors/passes), security to enter the building, security to enter the terminal, and security to board the airplane. -all involving scanners, metal detectors, and male/female pat downs.

Surprisingly, it was the Americans who complained the most. I had to explain it to them because they were making a ruckus about getting in line, again. One couple asked if they could just follow me, because they were confused about where to go and what to do.

What sucked was that I had to throw away my water each time. And those airports are hot.

Edited by unbillievable

Better report this as a potential diabolical genius and make sure right to free speech is suppressed for public's safety.

What sucked was that I had to throw away my water each time. And those airports are hot.

Well in US TSA agents will claim things which they force passengers to throw away. We had some food items confiscated because they were potential gelatin items and they said it was covered under loose rules. I offered to open up and cut them showing it was not gelatin but they said it was not allowed to open at gate "for security purposes". I dropped in box, but I left an item behind and told guard and he waived me thru. I found same guard who said it was "potential liquid explosive" and "not able to be opened at gate" eating them! I picked up camera which I went back for and took picture of him eating it and stated he stole item because he wanted it. I was then told it was "illegal to take pictures for security means" and to stop taking pictures. I left and sent picture of item to TSA and they stated that it was not covered by rules. I then sent them picture showing officer eating item taken from me and then someone else replied saying the officer was right it was covered but no explanation why officer is allowed to take object from disallowed bin.

Unless there are stern external watchdogs on people like TSA they will abuse power; TSA agents have been caught taking items while "checking" luggage.

Well in US TSA agents will claim things which they force passengers to throw away. We had some food items confiscated because they were potential gelatin items and they said it was covered under loose rules. I offered to open up and cut them showing it was not gelatin but they said it was not allowed to open at gate "for security purposes". I dropped in box, but I left an item behind and told guard and he waived me thru. I found same guard who said it was "potential liquid explosive" and "not able to be opened at gate" eating them! I picked up camera which I went back for and took picture of him eating it and stated he stole item because he wanted it. I was then told it was "illegal to take pictures for security means" and to stop taking pictures. I left and sent picture of item to TSA and they stated that it was not covered by rules. I then sent them picture showing officer eating item taken from me and then someone else replied saying the officer was right it was covered but no explanation why officer is allowed to take object from disallowed bin.

Unless there are stern external watchdogs on people like TSA they will abuse power; TSA agents have been caught taking items while "checking" luggage.

I hear you. "Stern external watchdogs on people like TSA." Would you lump police into that category?

Don’t Take Anything Personally

Nothing others do is because of you. What others say and do is a projection of their own reality, their own dream. When you are immune to the opinions and actions of others, you won’t be the victim of needless suffering.

Edited by ExiledInIllinois

Back in the mid 1980's there was a made for TV movie called Under Siege, about a terrorist cell in the US. One scene was of two of them walking in a mall, tossing grenades in the stores as they went by.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0092132/