Is 2 Seasons Enough ?

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Um, every coach inherits someone else's team.

Ryan took Mangini's team that hadn't finished in the top half of the league in total defense and immediately produced the league's #1 defense. He did that with a rookie QB and 4 new starters on defense, so it's a bit of a stretch to say he took someone else's leftovers and got out of their way.

Look, I'm not a Rex guy, but some folks are trying way too hard to criticize him. It's quite simple: his approach to the defense for 2015 was an abject failure, and he needs to get it corrected if this team hopes to make the playoffs.

Yep. Rex effed up last year. It doesn't mean he'll eff up again this year. He has had some very good seasons in his resume - let's hope he repeats his successes in '16, not his failures.

On the positive side, Rex probably has the best OC and QB he's ever had in his run as a HC.

I'm not convinced Rex is the HC to return us to the playoffs. But no one on this board will convince me he's not. To me the proof is in the pudding: I want to see what he can do going forward.

indeed, but I just can't see it being that bad. Can it?

We lost a Pro-Bowl DE (admittedly he underperformed last year), and quality CB depth. Who knows what injuries we'll face this year, and we don't have the easiest schedule.

It very well could happen that we get worse. It could also stay the same, or get better.

Edited by Dorkington