John Murphy Show Moving to Noon

My least favorite WGR personality is Paul Hamilton.

Actually, I like Hamilton, if only because he is one of the few guys at the station who ever offers much insight into the "behind the scenes" workings of the Bills and Sabres. I will say, however, I like him much more for Sabres coverage. I just feel that he, along with all the other GR guys, really don't have any exclusive access (at least that they are willing to share) and insight into the Bills. They see what all of us see, nothing extra....I think GR is cheap, which is why the force Hamilton (definitely a "hockey guy") to cover the Bills. He is way better at covering the Sabres...I kind of like his sardonic style too!

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

7-28: REX RYAN ON THE JOHN MURPHY SHOW (11:33)

As the 2016 training camp opens the Bills have several questions; like Sammy Watkins health, teams improvement, and Tyrod growing in the offense.
Rex on 2015 QB competition - that was an experience. We had to make the right decision, and we did.

Rex on Tyrod - this is his team

Rex on defense in 2016 - we're gonna be further along than we were last year... We replaced a lot of guys, but the commitment is fantastic

Rex on WR battle - I was impressed with certain guys. We want guys who will separate themselves. Competition will be good there.

Rex - we have each other, and also a TON of fans. We do the night practices for the fans. It's unique for us

7-28: KIM PEGULA ON THE JOHN MURPHY SHOW (16:00)

Pegula - I didn't know what to expect at camp last year, but it was great to interact with people and it was a great time.

Pegula - what I really enjoy about camp is talking to the players and fans at a more personal level.

Pegula - We have a great facility at St. John Fisher. It's a long season, allows players to get away from the stadium and interact

Pegula - Winning. That's what we expect from the upcoming season.

Pegula on MSG WNY - I'm so excited about it. We want a one-stop shop for all of our fans. Allows us to expand our coverage #Bills #Sabres

Pegula on My One Buffalo App - we should be exercising the plusses of Buffalo. We wanted to showcase the advantage of having such loyal fans

Pegula - you'll be able to control mobile ticketing, on-demand ticket upgrades, and other benefits for the most loyal fans #Bills #Sabres

7-28: RUSS BRANDON ON THE JOHN MURPHY SHOW (18:17)

Brandon on this season's expectations - I completely agree with Kim (on winning). The formula for success is continuity.

Brandon - it's worked out great here. Rex has been great with night practices. Allows fans to come when they can't earlier in the day

Bills President Russ Brandon says team is at about 58,000 season tickets right now

7-28: ESPN'S CHRIS BERMAN ON THE JOHN MURPHY SHOW (14:57)

Not sure if you are being facetious (I think you probably are), but I may be one of the few people who actually liked Dickersons' show. I thought he was a major a-hole more often than not, but he was one of the very few Buffalo Bills radio coverage people who ever really offered any real insight to the actual games. I know Kelso has a decent grasp too, but he only does the games (which I don't listen too, as I am watching them in some gin mill every Sunday), so you just get a lot of people with very varying degrees of knowledge blabbering on about nothing most of the time. I personally don't even hate Schoop and Bull Dog, but they are probably the worst people they could have doing the Bills post-game show. It is un-listenable...especially when the team is losing...I can take Schoops musings during the week, but I don't want to hear that after the game. They need more knowledgeable football guys.

Well, I was making a joke because it would never happen. But, they would be the two ends of the spectrum. Both with blinders on - one of them all hate, and one of them all love...............I hated Dickerson despite his knowledge. But, I don't like Murph's show because it might as well be Baghdad Bob.

Totally agree about S &BD - I am OK with them when I hear them during the week, but the post game is horrible. I actually usually turn it off and turn it back on when Sal comes on after them. They don't want to be there, and I don't want to hear them.

Actually, I like Hamilton, if only because he is one of the few guys at the station who ever offers much insight into the "behind the scenes" workings of the Bills and Sabres. I will say, however, I like him much more for Sabres coverage. I just feel that he, along with all the other GR guys, really don't have any exclusive access (at least that they are willing to share) and insight into the Bills. They see what all of us see, nothing extra....I think GR is cheap, which is why the force Hamilton (definitely a "hockey guy") to cover the Bills. He is way better at covering the Sabres...I kind of like his sardonic style too!

:thumbsup:

7-29: TYROD TAYLOR ON THE JOHN MURPHY SHOW (11:15)

Taylor - I take pride in going out there in being a leader. #Bills

Taylor - This time of year it's getting out there and throwing as much as possible. Gotta be prepared and stay in shape #Bills

Taylor - Last year was unique. I had to prepare myself mentally for a QB competition and physically for the rest of the season... #Bills

Taylor - I'm excited going into camp this year as the starter. It will be a big year for our team #Bills

Taylor - to finish last year with a win was huge. We showed thing we could build on for this year. I'm excited to see what we can do #Bills

Taylor - As an offense, we have to prepare ourselves to go out there and do whatever it takes to win games #Bills

Taylor - my focus, dedication won't change. I'm looking forward to the opprtunity and we're excited as a team to see what we can do #Bills

Chris Brown: "Gilmore is committed to this team" (26:55)
Chris Brown sat down on The John Murphy Show to set the scene as players invade St. John Fisher College. Brown also updated Stephon Gilmore's status and gave his reaction to LeSean McCoy's appearance with the media.

Doug Whaley:"You will be proud of us every Sunday" (18:24)
Bills GM Doug Whaley sat down on The John Murphy show to elaborate on pre-camp injuries, what he expects out of this year’s rookie class, the offseason additions to the roster, and the contract status of Tyrod Taylor and Stephon Gilmore.

So, the 7-9 slot is filled by a 24 year old kid who seems like he's just going to play most of the John Murphy show over.

it will take him a bit to get his legs under him but he should do alright, besides I heard about the "new" Aggie fight song from him, well worth the read gentleman. B-)

http://thecomeback.com/ncaa/texas-am-has-a-football-chalk-talk-for-women-and-its-really-sexist.html

Great guests for the first show, wish it was Sal's show thou

I will second that. Sal, in my opinion, is far and away better to listen to than anyone else on GR anymore. He has a great knowledge of what he's talking about, and his voice is clear and precise.

Some of their reporters voices are just grating to me.

Mike Gillislee:"I have given one-thousand percent" (8:14)
Bills RB Mike Gillislee sat down with The John Murphy Show post-practice today to talk about his running style and journey to Buffalo. He also discussed his time in Miami and his thoughts on guard Richie Incognito.

Kim Jones: "The Bills look better" (10:40)
Kim Jones from the NFL Network came by the John Murphy Show to talk about Tyrod Taylor, Reggie Bush, and her expectations for the Bills this year. Jones also discussed her history covering Rex Ryan and if she thinks he has changed heading into year two in Buffalo.

Jerome Felton: "Whatever it takes to win" (17:03)
Bills FB Jerome Felton joined the John Murphy Show after today's first padded practice and chatted about his second year in the system, his rapport with LeSean McCoy and Tyrod Taylor and how practices have been going so far.