Prisco ranks Taylor 26 out of 32 starting QBs

Pete Prisco might we the worst NFL writer in America.

He did a top 100 players in the NFL, spoiler, he didn't have a Bill rated in the Top 100.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/priscos-top-100-nfl-players-for-2016/

Some of his rankings are horrible

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I've seen it all now.

My ? is what did the Bills ever do to this guy?

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This dude is terrible and irrevlant. I think Taylor has a ton to prove but I would probably put him in the 17-20 range. Also, he has the MVP who plays with crap way too low.

Most sports writers have zero impact on my life. I don't value this dude's opinion anymore than some posters on this site.

This dude is terrible and irrevlant. I think Taylor has a ton to prove but I would probably put him in the 17-20 range. Also, he has the MVP who plays with crap way too low.

Most sports writers have zero impact on my life. I don't value this dude's opinion anymore than some posters on this site.

Amen! That's all fair. Personally I think TT has the potential to be higher than you have him. But, I get why some have him there. His top 100 is an absolute joke.

Amen! That's all fair. Personally I think TT has the potential to be higher than you have him. But, I get why some have him there. His top 100 is an absolute joke.

Dude has potential but potential can go the other way. There have many years of guys have decent to good years and then falling on their face the next year.

So I have no problem with putting guys who are proven more than Taylor about him. But this list is so terrible. It's almost like he is from the Skip Bayless school of saying dumb things for reactions.

As with Winston and Marriota, it's too early to clearly to know where to put TT. it was his 1st year as a starter. Glad we have him though. I think he takes a big step forward, but we are a running team and he won't be counted on to do as much as the other qb's. He may be REALLY underappreciated on rankings because of this next year.

Edited by Dopey

that is why it is tough to do these rankings like that because I think every QB had games where they looked "god awful"

I agree with you. A. Rodgers game two years ago in Buffalo comes to mind. However you give a guy like him a pass because that is the blip, no? Edited by atlbillsfan1975

Ahhh, one guys opinion. I'm more concerned about what everyone thinks of him AFTER the season than right now. My hopes are high (but that's a seasonal thing....).

Post 2016 season:

TT Top 5 in passer efficiency and 750 yards running, PB and Bills make playoffs.

Pete Prisco ranking 27th. :pirate:

Edited by The Thurmanator

Ahhh, one guys opinion. I'm more concerned about what everyone thinks of him AFTER the season than right now. My hopes are high (but that's a seasonal thing....).

I agree. We're all prognosticating TT's 2016 season on a relatively small 2015 sample. He just hasn't started many games and it's hard to know how much he'll grow and progress this season.

One national media guy's opinion doesn't matter. I didn't even bother reading the Prisco article.

I did read Dunne's article when he interviewed a panel of experts (3 former NFL QBs, 2 former coaches, and a teammate) about Taylor. That was interesting (link below).

Personally, I remain in a wait-and-see mode.

http://bills.buffalonews.com/2016/01/16/is-tyrod-taylor-franchise-material-nfl-expercts-make-the-call/

I agree. We're all prognosticating TT's 2016 season on a relatively small 2015 sample. He just hasn't started many games and it's hard to know how much he'll grow and progress this season.

One national media guy's opinion doesn't matter. I didn't even bother reading the Prisco article.

I did read Dunne's article when he interviewed a panel of experts (3 former NFL QBs, 2 former coaches, and a teammate) about Taylor. That was interesting (link below).

Personally, I remain in a wait-and-see mode.

http://bills.buffalonews.com/2016/01/16/is-tyrod-taylor-franchise-material-nfl-expercts-make-the-call/

I'm on the same page with you here, hondo.

One thing many people forget is that the 3-way QB competition last spring and summer was a real hindrance, particularly to the guy (Tyrod) who eventually won it. I was listening to James Lofton earlier today and he was talking about practice. Whether it is OTAs, minicamp, or training camp, when the WRs and QBs practice their routes vs. air the starter is throwing to the top WRs and the backup throws to the secondary WRs. Over and over again. That's why you frequently see preseason games in which a backup QB and a 5th string wideout have this amazing chemisty -- it's because they've been throwing with each other all summer.

Tyrod didn't get the benefit of throwing to his main guys all summer last year; we saw how that impacted his chemistry with Sammy until the 2nd half of the season.

Sammy will miss much or all of camp again, but at least Tyrod will be the guy throwing with Woods, Clay, McCoy, etc., all the way through camp.

I wouldn't be surprised to see a much improved passing offense overall when we hit September.