Today I learned.....

• Replies 325
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I knew that.

SAC hated restrictions like PALs put on warheads (for the sound operational reason that it would increase response time in the case of an attack that might only give them minutes to respond). Congress and the White House wanted them (for the sound safety reason of not having weapons get hijacked or accidentally go off). So they compromised: the civilian leadership got their PALs, and the military leadership - who were responsible for setting the codes - set everything to all zeroes.

The Cold War and nuclear arms race is full of ridiculous nonsense like this. It amazes me we're still alive.

I knew that. I've actually handled hunting birds. It's a cool sport, but you have to be REALLY dedicated to it.

There's a lot you don't know, isn't there?

Fondling your model Klingon Bird of Prey does not count as handling a hunting bird

Harris's Hawk, goes by Lucy. Haven't hunted with her, but I have flown her.

CBF, here's something to learn today: an apprentice falconer's first task is to capture a wild hunting bird and "tame" it...but you never really tame them, it's more of an equal partnership. It takes about 3-5 days.

Harris's Hawk, goes by Lucy. Haven't hunted with her, but I have flown her.

CBF, here's something to learn today: an apprentice falconer's first task is to capture a wild hunting bird and "tame" it...but you never really tame them, it's more of an equal partnership. It takes about 3-5 days.

... You're raising an air force of killer Hawks, aren't you?

... You're raising an air force of killer Hawks, aren't you?

No, I'd use owls. Chemical warfare...barn owls have breath that will strip paint. No army in the world is going to stand up to being stink-bombed by owl breath.