The equally annoying "Obnoxiously Obtuse Optimists"

Error or not you have no idea what Pegula will think about Rex or anything else. None of us do.

chDRMsH.jpg

brilliant, son! brilliant. you might be on to something. my deloren is in the shop, mr fusion is out so give me a month and i'll be able to tell you what happens in january 2018.

i will stick to only discussing facts and materials which are non-objectionable. as such, i ask that you not post the same. no lists of fictitious rankings, no thoughts on how a player will be used, no information which could be wrong (or right). only the obvious.

as such, lets make this dull and boring and only post links redirecting us to rob quin articles or wait until sully says something and flame him for it without constructive analysis! lets make this like the browns board!

• Replies 236
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, it is true that none of us know what the Pegulas are thinking about the front office or Rex, but the reality is that there has been a lot of reporting from the local press and the national press about Whaley and Rex being under scrutiny. I doubt that all of these stories and reports are made up, and likely reflect in some fashion the thinking/thoughts of the Pegulas.

Yes, it is true that none of us know what the Pegulas are thinking about the front office or Rex, but the reality is that there has been a lot of reporting from the local press and the national press about Whaley and Rex being under scrutiny. I doubt that all of these stories and reports are made up, and likely reflect in some fashion the thinking/thoughts of the Pegulas.

Or the timer the media set for organizational turnover is set, and they are reminded they have new content to post with no insight into the Pegula's thought process oncesoever. Along the lines of "Whaley has had 3 years, sounds about right for the Pegula's to put their feet to the fire".

I don't think the national media is looking to make up stories about the Bills. I think the stuff about the pressure on the front office and Rex has been reported by too many to be entirely inaccurate.

i really don't read your replies anymore

the idea that you tell me my idea may be wrong so i must acknowledge everyone elses idea is special snowflake stuff that i just do not adhere to; specifically when those countering my beliefs offer no valid points to back up why i'd be wrong.

and, i've taken on the advice of someone to not insult you so the best way to do that is to just let you know i am not going to reply to you. cheers.

enoguh people who do this for a living have also said we are not going to be any better next year than we have before. that there are 5000 reporters out there and 2405 say we are going to challenge the patriots is not bad.

my outlook and my perspective on the bills right now is anything but misery. it is not negative. it is realistic. it is what i see and it i do not see it as negative. i went in to 2015 knowing we would be as good as we were in 2014 on paper but, in reality we would be less organized and structured. next year i expect more or less the same, lack of focus and more importantly the same lack of discipline.

this team needs more than a head coach. it needs leaders.

this is the obnoxious optimist. state your claim on how many we will win. you don't know what is going to happen record wise and neither do we. we know what is going to happen structure wise, and see above. that is what we speak about. the 2016 team will have less to do about talent on the roster or the sideline and more to do with structure and failure to compose success.

outrageous take on a valid point. pegula will clearly see after this season he was in over his head and hopefully has enough outside expertise to have others telling him that he needs to take another look at the way his team is run.

Dont look now....but you just replied to me

I don't think the national media is looking to make up stories about the Bills. I think the stuff about the pressure on the front office and Rex has been reported by too many to be entirely inaccurate.

It seems to me that the pegulas have been pretty tight lipped

Makes sense that the pressure would be on its a performance based business though.....

chDRMsH.jpg

brilliant, son! brilliant. you might be on to something. my deloren is in the shop, mr fusion is out so give me a month and i'll be able to tell you what happens in january 2018.

i will stick to only discussing facts and materials which are non-objectionable. as such, i ask that you not post the same. no lists of fictitious rankings, no thoughts on how a player will be used, no information which could be wrong (or right). only the obvious.

as such, lets make this dull and boring and only post links redirecting us to rob quin articles or wait until sully says something and flame him for it without constructive analysis! lets make this like the browns board!

No. Continue to be Chief Conjecture and tell more about how Fitz would start over both Blake Bortles and Jameis Winston to show just how good you are as a football analyst. Can't wait!

No. Continue to be Chief Conjecture and tell more about how Fitz would start over both Blake Bortles and Jameis Winston to show just how good you are as a football analyst. Can't wait!

awe, 26cb is confused. someone offered an original thought and he doesn't know what to do?! ya don't say! if i was Ted Stickles from www.footballguysellsusedtires.com and had a story about something you'd be sure to link it. but if osmeone offers an idea here that is anything counter to what the popular narrative may be, god forbid!

offer your own original take some time.

as for fitz over bortles or winston, i've discussed that enough in the thread that it belonged in. which is coincidence, because status quo would be you simply reply "IN" following the mention of anything mentioned somewhere else.

awe, 26cb is confused. someone offered an original thought and he doesn't know what to do?! ya don't say! if i was Ted Stickles from www.footballguysellsusedtires.com and had a story about something you'd be sure to link it. but if osmeone offers an idea here that is anything counter to what the popular narrative may be, god forbid!

offer your own original take some time.

as for fitz over bortles or winston, i've discussed that enough in the thread that it belonged in. which is coincidence, because status quo would be you simply reply "IN" following the mention of anything mentioned somewhere else.

Your original thoughts don't confuse me. They are just often very wacky and that's why I referenced your Fitz post here.

Your original thoughts don't confuse me. They are just often very wacky and that's why I referenced your Fitz post here.

i have no desire to continue these spats with you, it's petty. let go. let it go. don't hold it back anymore. if you don't like my posts - don't read them. if you have a problem with original content being added to the site - don't contribute. if you decide to post an original thought - i'd encourage you to try it. if you want to link your sites - please continue to do so, it is very much appreciated. ease up on the redirects.

i have no desire to continue these spats with you, it's petty. let go. let it go. don't hold it back anymore. if you don't like my posts - don't read them. if you have a problem with original content being added to the site - don't contribute. if you decide to post an original thought - i'd encourage you to try it. if you want to link your sites - please continue to do so, it is very much appreciated. ease up on the redirects.

Oh the standard all I do is post links response. If only that were true. As one who has often interjected yourself many times by replying to my posts to others on TSW, I find this hilarious. Thanks for the Sunday Morning entertainment. :lol:

I don't believe there's an ultimatum. That doesn't mean the Pegulas have made an open-ended promise to keep Rex and Whaley on board no matter what the results are. If the wheels really come off I'd expect them to come under serious scrutiny. But "don't go 3-13, or else" isn't much of an ultimatum.

Makes sense that the pressure would be on its a performance based business though.....

It is a performance based business, but not performance on the field. Rather it's how it performs financially that matters. For example, how long has it been since the Bills have been more than a mediocre team? Yet they continue to sell large numbers of season tickets, merchandise, and have a rabid cult-like following that is seemingly in no way tied to on field performance. As long as the Bills are in Buffalo they will be financially successful.

Edited by CodeMonkey

I think it would be hard for Whaley and Rex to survive if the record is 7-9 or worse this season. Just my opinion.

That seems about right, but an ugly 8-8, where the team is eliminated early and then wins a couple glorified exhibition games (kinda like last year) would probably spell curtains for Rex and maybe Whaley, but the details will matter. Rex and Whaley seem to have forged a mutual non-aggression pact for now, but if the losses start to mount, that will blow apart in a very ugly way.

That seems about right, but an ugly 8-8, where the team is eliminated early and then wins a couple glorified exhibition games (kinda like last year) would probably spell curtains for Rex and maybe Whaley, but the details will matter. Rex and Whaley seem to have forged a mutual non-aggression pact for now, but if the losses start to mount, that will blow apart in a very ugly way.

Interesting. Sounds like leftover talk from LaConjecture and Carucci.

What about the equally annoying "Obnoxiously Obtuse Optimists" ???
I am not exactly a doom-sayer, but come on... this team has wallowed in stupidity and played punching bag to the PayTiolets for the better part of two decades now. Exactly how does that even come close to inspiring any real optimism, especially when year after year, this board is alight with blind-faith, blue sky optimism with little more than a few roster moves, maybe a signing of a washed up high priced free agent, and a bunch of gutless puffy chested tweets from a few players about how great they think they are?
Before you reply and bash me, step back, and just look at the last 20 years of nonsense we've endured. If I'm even close to wrong, then I'll take my lumps.

I totally disagree with you! We have been wallowing in stupidity far longer than two decades. The Bills Super Bowl run was an aberration in their long and horrendous history. The Bills are perennial losers and have always hired from the bottom of the barrel for coaches. We never hire winning coaches; as it would seem the logical thing to do. Instead, we take the blowhards, the egomaniacs (Rex and company), the obtuse (Doug Marrone and Chan Gailey) and the train wrecks (Kay Stephenson and Hank Bullock). We blow millions of dollars on first round players but scant pennies on coaches. We couldn't beat the Dolphins during the 70's, then we couldn't beat any Superbowl contender in the late 80's and now we can't beat the Cheatriots. But give Bellicheat credit, his teams always seem to find a way to win when they are missing key players. We just blame "injuries, contracts and dumb luck".

Interesting. Sounds like leftover talk from LaConjecture and Carucci.

So you think Rex and Whaley are BFFs now, with both reporting directly to Pegula? I don't know who was pulling what strings at the draft, but it had Rex's greasy fingerprints all over it.

So you think Rex and Whaley are BFFs now, with both reporting directly to Pegula? I don't know who was pulling what strings at the draft, but it had Rex's greasy fingerprints all over it.

Whaley handles player acquisition and the picks were his call. Was he supposed to draft players he thought wouldn't fit what the coaching staff wants to do?

Whaley handles player acquisition and the picks were his call. Was he supposed to draft players he thought wouldn't fit what the coaching staff wants to do?

I didn't say that, did I? Again, I don't know what went down in the draft room but it looks like Rex had an inordinate amount of influence. First four picks used on defense, including a Clemson guy at 1?

I didn't say that, did I? Again, I don't know what went down in the draft room but it looks like Rex had an inordinate amount of influence. First four picks used on defense, including a Clemson guy at 1?

OMG! How could they address areas of need with highly rated players? WTH were they thinking getting a guy from a great Clemson program who was rated as a top 15 prospect? Fire everyone!

Edited by 26CornerBlitz