John Clayton: Bills "Regressed" in the Offseason

In the salary cap era you can't have good players at every position, unfortunately. And depth is a virtual impossibility. The Bills just need to get lucky on the right side: Henderson returns strong or a serviceable season from Mills.

In any event, they can adjust their play calling and blocking schemes to play to their strengths so I think the offense will be fine.

3rd year's the charm for KUJO!!!

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

In the salary cap era you can't have good players at every position, unfortunately. And depth is a virtual impossibility. The Bills just need to get lucky on the right side: Henderson returns strong or a serviceable season from Mills.

In any event, they can adjust their play calling and blocking schemes to play to their strengths so I think the offense will be fine.

if Henderson can get healthy and Mills can tighten up a little? Both should become serviceable for the Bills under Kromer and Roman.

not exciting. but functioning starter and depth. recall when Bills had neither? was not that long ago

3rd year's the charm for KUJO!!!

It just might be, or his last season with the Bills.

hmm.......

if Henderson can get healthy and Mills can tighten up a little? Both should become serviceable for the Bills under Kromer and Roman.

not exciting. but functioning starter and depth. recall when Bills had neither? was not that long ago

It just might be, or his last season with the Bills.

hmm.......

Depends on if Whaley is still here next year IMO.

Btw, Bill Polian once said of Clayton, “Having a discussion with him is like having a discussion with another general manager. It’s as though you’re talking with a peer.”[/size]

http://www.thenewstribune.com/sports/nfl/seattle-seahawks/article25862434.html

(This is an awesome article if you want to know how Clayton became so successful as a NFL reporter and what makes him different).

Read more here: http://www.thenewstribune.com/sports/nfl/seattle-seahawks/article25862434.html#storylink=cpy

I doubt his friend would talk bad about him...

lost Harvin and Hogan (who was not great but still not replaced) and our RT and backups WRs are a joke so not addressing it is a regression. (listenbee isn't even close)

No no other teams did this at other positions? Dumbest argument I ever seen right there.

lost Harvin and Hogan (who was not great but still not replaced) and our RT and backups WRs are a joke so not addressing it is a regression. (listenbee isn't even close)

Harvin played in 5 games and caught 19 passes for 218 yards and 1 TD. Hogan played in all 16 games, starting 4, and caught 36 passes for 450 yards and 2 TD's. The Bills signed several guys (Boykins, Hankerson, and Little) who have been more productive in the past so essentially they lost nothing. As for RT, Mills being with the team from the beginning of the off-season instead of joining the team 2/3 of the way into the season and Henderson getting his Crohn's under control should improve the position, and at worst keep it the same.

Btw, Bill Polian once said of Clayton, “Having a discussion with him is like having a discussion with another general manager. It’s as though you’re talking with a peer.”

http://www.thenewstribune.com/sports/nfl/seattle-seahawks/article25862434.html

(This is an awesome article if you want to know how Clayton became so successful as a NFL reporter and what makes him different).

Thanks for posting that. I was unaware of Clayton's background. I still think his analysis of Buffalo's offseason is a little shortsighted but there's no question he works hard.

well, if its just players out compared to players in, then maybe... but the performance can't help but be better in 2016, barring big injuries (which pretty much ruin everything)

Coaching and Injuries weigh heavy in this years formula for success.

Bills probably picked up a couple players that "fit" better. Say even Blanton? But its a tough call in regard to players until the Rookies show what they can contribute.

Second year in for this staff "should" be factored as plus.