2017 NFL Mock Drafts & Top Prospects

26CornerBlitz

I want them to be open to taking a Quarterback. Not seeing one I love so far mind you.

Oh man, I sure hope they're at least "open to it." Lol. Adolphus Washington over Dak Prescott is hurting me as bad as TJ Graham over Russell Wilson. I just asked becaused I haven't paid as much attention to the draft stuff this year as I normally do, I've lost a lot of interest in football this year. Just can't put my finger on "why," though. There's a lot I like about Tyrod, I just don't see him as being a QB who can win games and get a team to the playoffs, let alone a Super Bowl.

(I'd love Jabrill Peppers, but there's no chance he falls that far.)

Yeah, taking a QB because you decided you had to take a QB gets you...........EJ.

It has to make sense.

In a world where Tyrod is still the starter (and I think he will be... Rex is going to get a 3rd year and if he is still here then so is Tyrod whatever I and others think of the rights and wrongs of that) I would not be looking to take a 1st round QB. Not sure how many there is in this class (1 maybe 2) but they should be open minded about taking one later regardless of whether they have brought in a vet or what they think after a year of working Cardale.

I just meant taking one somewhere, 1st-7th round...I think you should always draft a QB, at some point, in every draft, until you find your guy.

Edited by JustWinPlease

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, taking a QB because you decided you had to take a QB gets you...........EJ.

It has to make sense.

The tricky marriage between talent and opportunity.

I don't think they'll be in the business of finding a starter in April. If they want to address the backup role, there's a couple of good options for that. Just lot more pressing issues likely to need solving ahead of backup QB.

The tricky marriage between talent and opportunity.

I don't think they'll be in the business of finding a starter in April. If they want to address the backup role, there's a couple of good options for that. Just lot more pressing issues likely to need solving ahead of backup QB.

I prefer a veteran backup this offseason to drafting a guy.

Last year, I wanted the high ceiling prospect (Cardale) instead of a safe guy (Kessler). If they are going to draft a guy this year I think that I want the opposite as you will need a "safe" guy to play a few weeks in case of an injury. Any guys that you like as long-term backup types? CJ Beathard has that feel to me but admittedly haven't paid attention to all of the prospects. I hate the negative connotation of "game manager" but I like that in a backup QB; a guy that won't lose me games.

So, everyone is "sold" on Tyrod Taylor...and nobody wants to draft a quarterback at any point in this draft?

That's depressing.

(My biggest "want" is a playmaker for the secondary, or a really tall WR to pair with Watkins...but I rather get a playmaker for the secondary.)

You must have been missing my posts. Not even close to sold on Taylor and I absolutely want them to draft a QB early

Last year, I wanted the high ceiling prospect (Cardale) instead of a safe guy (Kessler). If they are going to draft a guy this year I think that I want the opposite as you will need a "safe" guy to play a few weeks in case of an injury. Any guys that you like as long-term backup types? CJ Beathard has that feel to me but admittedly haven't paid attention to all of the prospects. I hate the negative connotation of "game manager" but I like that in a backup QB; a guy that won't lose me games.

Beathard is a guy that I had on the low end of the backup scale over the summer but that's the kind of player mould we're talking about. Personally, Sefo Liufau and Cooper Rush are guys that I could spend a Day 3 pick on and feel comfortable with, at least from a conceptual understanding standpoint.

Accurate enough, keeps the offense ticking, has a modicum of athletic ability to add the occasional spark. Low turnover rate. Honestly, I'm describing our starter for the most part :D

a Kevin Hogan type from last year

You know me by now - 100% fire taeks, all the time.

Hogan is the kind of mind I'm looking for. No doubt that he's one smart cookie at the LOS. Just a shame he was a football brain put into the throwing motion of a Latvian javelin thrower.

Whaley about to trade a 4th to get him from the Browns :lol:

@TheDraftWire

2017 NFL draft: 1st round should be packed with SEC defenders: https://t.co/6aXuEXSS96

The 2017 NFL draft is still months away, but looking at the eligible prospects, there’s a pattern forming across the top names on defense.

Next year’s draft is loaded with talented pass-rushers and corners, along with playmaking linebackers and versatile trench warriors. The cream of the crop among all those position groups is coming out of one particular conference, and the 2017 first round should be loaded with defenders hailing from the southeast.

Take a look at some of the SEC defenders who could hear their name called early on draft day.

Related: 2017 NFL draft: updated top 150 prospects

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.