2017 NFL Mock Drafts & Top Prospects

26CornerBlitz

I am not shocked that they are looking at a pass catcher. It is a really weak spot on the team. If they add Davis,with a healthy Sammy, and the guys from the offseason it has a chance to be a much better group in 2017. It has to be as it looks like RB will be worse and they are likely to throw more. The depth of the DBs makes it even more likely IMO. It would be hard (not impossible) to get a surefire WR2 in the 2nd. Zay Jones may be gone and after that I'm not sure there is a guy that you could count on day 1 to start. You can find DBs in the 2nd and even 3rd that will play a lot early. If they needed A WR vs. a #2 WR I would be surprised.

I actually like the Holmes signing more than most. He is a nice value pickup. Davis seems like a luxury pick to me. If the Bills wanted WR or TE they could get a Godwin or Samuel in rounds 2 or 3 and still hit on a Ishmael Zamora type in round 5.

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I actually like the Holmes signing more than most. He is a nice value pickup. Davis seems like a luxury pick to me. If the Bills wanted WR or TE they could get a Godwin or Samuel in rounds 2 or 3 and still hit on a Ishmael Zamora type in round 5.

I hate Zamora as a person. I like Godwin and Samuel. I think that Godwin goes in the 2nd. I like the Holmes signing too just not as a 2nd option. Davis and Holmes > Woods and Goodwin. They have a few other guys that have a chance too. Philly Brown can play the slot and Butler could be a surprise player. I think that they move on from guys like Powell and Dez Lewis. They may remake the entire WR room except for Sammy.

Ha ha, he has a quick trigger. I was trolling him about something that he had said and the next thing I knew I was blocked. It's been 5 years. I have an alternate name that I use at draft time, FA and the trade deadline just so I can follow him.

Looks like Corey Davis will probably be the guy. I can definitely live with that.

I had my suspicions about you and now I have your admission: You are a provocateur! Your friendly demeanor is a disguise to hide your antagonistic and combative nature. Just to let you know I will not let my guard down and I will always be armed. So don't try anything that is associated with hoodlum behavior. You have been duly warned. :pirate:

I hate Zamora as a person. I like Godwin and Samuel. I think that Godwin goes in the 2nd. I like the Holmes signing too just not as a 2nd option. Davis and Holmes > Woods and Goodwin. They have a few other guys that have a chance too. Philly Brown can play the slot and Butler could be a surprise player. I think that they move on from guys like Powell and Dez Lewis. They may remake the entire WR room except for Sammy.

Yeah, so do I. I like animals better than most people. I was just throwing out that there are guys that can play late.

I had my suspicions about you and now I have your admission: You are a provocateur! Your friendly demeanor is a disguise to hide your antagonistic and combative nature. Just to let you know I will not let my guard down and I will always be armed. So don't try anything that is associated with hoodlum behavior. You have been duly warned. :pirate:

Ha ha, in my defense he had insulted a friend (and he was wrong). It is pretty rare that he is wrong but it was a personal thing between the two of them. I needled him a little bit about it and like that I was blocked. 1 tweet and he hit the block button.

Yeah, so do I. I like animals better than most people. I was just throwing out that there are guys that can play late.

There are a handful of guys that can play late. The issue that I see is that you can't count on them as your #2. Maybe they turn into that? The Bills WR depth is actually decent. It's the hole near the top of the depth chart that concerns me. I think that they still probably need 2 CBs (a starter and a depth guy), a WLB, another QB, a S (not sold on Poyer), a RB (if they lose Gillislee) and another TE. That's a bunch of holes. Some are more depth needs but holes nonetheless. Maybe some guys will develop (Logan Thomas, Seymour, Jonathan Williams, etc..) but you can't count on it. That would be a bonus.

Ha ha, in my defense he had insulted a friend (and he was wrong). It is pretty rare that he is wrong but it was a personal thing between the two of them. I needled him a little bit about it and like that I was blocked. 1 tweet and he hit the block button.

There are a handful of guys that can play late. The issue that I see is that you can't count on them as your #2. Maybe they turn into that? The Bills WR depth is actually decent. It's the hole near the top of the depth chart that concerns me. I think that they still probably need 2 CBs (a starter and a depth guy), a WLB, another QB, a S (not sold on Poyer), a RB (if they lose Gillislee) and another TE. That's a bunch of holes. Some are more depth needs but holes nonetheless. Maybe some guys will develop (Logan Thomas, Seymour, Jonathan Williams, etc..) but you can't count on it. That would be a bonus.

I am pretty sure Godwin or Samuel would be in the top 3 WR's for Buffalo this year.

A freaking pugnacious tweeter! In my eyes you have sunk to the bottom of the septic tank. Don't you ever watch cop and law shows? You have a "right to remain silent"! The more you talk the more you incriminate yourself. :oops:

I agree with that. My guess is that the WR room will look like this: Watkins Davis, Holmes, Brown (slot), Butler and Listenbee.

Yeah, we need a solid #2 (and potentially future #1), not another "maybe 3" in my mind.

Now, I'm too lazy to go back.....who blocked you? I get the why, but I missed the who.

ok, our Top 5 on our board: In order

1. Solomon Thomas- DE Stanford

2. Corey Davis- WR W. Mich

3. Marshon Lattimore- CB OS

4. OJ Howard - TE Bama

5. John Ross- WR Wash

Imo

Oh god, my eyes.

Thomas is good, I like that we are at least thinking DL. We need more talent there asap. Kyle won't play forever.

Lattimore is a great prospect. I was hoping that we would devalue the CB position with us playing zone but at least we'd be getting a good player in a tough position.

Now the crap that I'm afraid we would pull....

Corey Davis. Good player. Not a top 10 type WR imo. Maybe with Dennison, they are thinking of letting Tyrod or a rookie throw a bunch. I still think we can get good WRs later in the draft. Especially when you got a WR like Davis who is not that special jmo.

Ross would be Whaley trying to hit his Mike Wallace - what Goodwin and Listenbee haven't been. Problem is that Wallace was a 3rd round pick. Good WR, rather have him than Davis bc I think he at least has the chance to be special but I'd be really worried about those injuries.

OJ Howard. Would we really dare drafting a guy with the first name OJ and a guy with the last name Kelly in the same draft? OJ is a pick I don't completely hate but would rather go elsewhere. I remember in 2009, Brandon Pettigrew was highly touted and he turned in a blah career. OJ is far more athletic and as good a blocker so maybe he would turn out better, but when has a TE ever been a difference maker on a championship team? Pats won without Gronk, Graham and Gonzalez never made the Super Bowl, etc. also, I heard their were concerns he wasn't all in for football, didn't love the game. Gotta consider that nowadays when players walk away earlier.

TL;DR not a great board, I hope it is wrong and we go elsewhere or trade down for most of these players.

Oh god, my eyes.

Thomas is good, I like that we are at least thinking DL. We need more talent there asap. Kyle won't play forever.

Lattimore is a great prospect. I was hoping that we would devalue the CB position with us playing zone but at least we'd be getting a good player in a tough position.

Corey Davis. Good player. Not a top 10 type WR imo. Maybe with Dennison, they are thinking of letting Tyrod or a rookie throw a bunch. I still think we can get good WRs later in the draft. Especially when you got a WR like Davis who is not that special jmo.

Ross would be Whaley trying to hit his Mike Wallace - what Goodwin and Listenbee haven't been. Problem is that Wallace was a 3rd round pick. Good WR, rather have him than Davis bc I think he at least has the chance to be special but I'd be really worried about those injuries.

OJ Howard. Would we really dare drafting a guy with the first name OJ and a guy with the last name Kelly in the same draft? OJ is a pick I don't completely hate but would rather go elsewhere. I remember in 2009, Brandon Pettigrew was highly touted and he turned in a blah career. OJ is far more athletic and as good a blocker so maybe he would turn out better, but when has a TE ever been a difference maker on a championship team? Pats won without Gronk, Graham and Gonzalez never made the Super Bowl, etc. also, I heard their were concerns he wasn't all in for football, didn't love the game. Gotta consider that nowadays when players walk away earlier.

TL;DR not a great board, I hope it is wrong and we go elsewhere or trade down for most of these players.

He's not wrong. FWIW, I like the board a lot. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder I guess. I think Davis has a VERY high floor and a decent ceiling. He's an upgrade from Woods on his worst day and can be a Demaryius Thomas type.

The board does seem like something Bills fans on TBD could have come up with for far less money and time.

He's not wrong. FWIW, I like the board a lot. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder I guess. I think Davis has a VERY high floor and a decent ceiling. He's an upgrade from Woods on his worst day and can be a Demaryius Thomas type.

I actually believe Leroi has some sources, doesn't mean I don't want him to be wrong Lol

Many people want a WR. I'm not one of them this year, so you are right, depends on the person.

Remember that DT was drafted in the 20s, not the top 10. We don't know what Davis's speed is like because he hasn't been able to work out. If he turns out to be DT or Dez, would he be worth it? Yea. Will he be? I don't think so, just don't see the same talent.

Love this good discussion tho!

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.