2017 NFL Mock Drafts & Top Prospects

26CornerBlitz

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@theMMQB

Best fits for the 2017 QB class: @Andy_Benoit sizes up the top 6 passers and projects their ideal NFL landing spots http://trib.al/otGJojX

C9N5dc5W0AE14_c.jpg

There are some kinks in his (Trubisky's) mechanics. When throwing he has a tendency to lock his front leg, which can affect accuracy. Many coaches believe you can’t correct this glitch; you can only work around it.

I was told that his leg is an easy fix. Cossell strikes again!

Thanks, I put more stock in this than the guys on TV and will have your final list open on draft day. Are you planning to extend to more players?

If we go QB in the first would you have a plan for WLB? It doesn't seem like J. Davis or Cunningham have much chance of dropping to 44 eh?

Could you perhaps talk about Raekwon McMillan a bit and what you like about him?

I appreciate the sentiment.

I have scouted about 50 more guys, but they're more of the late-round/UDFA variety types, so I probably won't post a list beyond what's there.

As to McMillan, he reminds me a bit of Ragland in that he's instinctive and aggressive. He's a solid downhill 'backer that can get to the ball. He's not as stout as Reggie is, but I think he's a bit more instinctual as a zone defender against the pass.

He's a solid day 2 guy for me, but not necessarily a great fit for Buffalo IMO.

I have scouted about 50 more guys, but they're more of the late-round/UDFA variety types, so I probably won't post a list beyond what's there.

As to McMillan, he reminds me a bit of Ragland in that he's instinctive and aggressive. He's a solid downhill 'backer that can get to the ball. He's not as stout as Reggie is, but I think he's a bit more instinctual as a zone defender against the pass.

Hey thanks so much bud. It seems like we need a coverage Will, hopefully Whales can find something without use of #10 if they like a QB.

I make no claims to being an expert. I am intrigued by Tyus Bowser. Any thoughts on the fella and where he might go?

Hey thanks so much bud. It seems like we need a coverage Will, hopefully Whales can find something without use of #10 if they like a QB.

There are a few guys that I think are Day 3 LBs that offer plenty of coverage ability.

I would be absolutely fine with a guy like UCLA's Jayon Brown, either of the KSU guys (Elijah Lee or Charmeachealle Moore), and LSU's Duke Riley as guys that can contribute in sub-package looks.

I make no claims to being an expert. I am intrigued by Tyus Bowser. Any thoughts on the fella and where he might go?

I'm a big Bowser guy actually. He's lean, athletic, and explosive. I like his productivity as well (12 TFLs and 8.5 sacks in 8 games as a senior). I think he could go as high as the late 20's, but is probably in the 35-50 range.

He's your classic LEO; he'd probably be a fantastic fit for what they're trying to put together in SF.

QB interest is a smoke screen to get teams to bite on them early.

Our 1st round targets will be WR (2) / TE (1) /DE (1) /CB (1)

I have the names of our top five prospects and I will release them as we get closer to the draft.

Later round info next week...

Imo

Edited by Leroi

What are your guys thought on Dede Westbrook?

Our targets will be WR (2) / TE (1) /DE (1) /CB (1)

I have the names of our top five prospects and I will release them as we get closer to the draft.

Imo

As much as I want that info (believe me it is a lot) wouldn't it be counter productive to the team to have that info floating out there? Maybe PM those interested (read me :D0:) ) instead of putting it out publicly?

Imo

This would be more bonehead strategy from OBD if true. This is an unusually deep draft at the TE position. We are likely in line to draft the first WR off the board at ten. This is also a very deep draft for the CB position. Unless they have targeted a specific player like Allen that they think may fall due to a run on qbs, the smokescreen strategy you are selling is implausible or stupid.

Imo

Edited by Dr. Who

Imo

Good stuff Leroi and thanks for sharing!!

This would be more bonehead strategy from OBD if true. This is an unusually deep draft at the TE position. We are likely in line to draft the first WR off the board at ten. This is also a very deep draft for the CB position. Unless they have targeted a specific player like Allen that they think may fall due to a run on qbs, the smokescreen strategy you are selling is implausible or stupid.

Imo

If the Bills pass on a Mahomes or Trubisky to get a player like OJ or Corey Davis they are even dumber than I thought.

If McDermott pulls a Dick Jauron draft and falls on his face then we hired the wrong guy.

If the Bills pass on a Mahomes or Trubisky to get a player like OJ or Corey Davis they are even dumber than I thought.

If McDermott pulls a Dick Jauron draft and falls on his face then we hired the wrong guy.

And lots of folks here would applaud it :doh:

Imo

If Leroi says that is the case it is probably the case. He's provided a lot of stuff like that over the last few years. He is basically the Woj of TBD.

I get liking a guy but jeez man you are really laying the man crush on thick with Mahomes and Tru. After the draft I really would like to see some projections for these guys based on their situations by you.

And lots of folks here would applaud it :doh:

They have been sold on the importance of drafting from a good QB class. I could care less if I get a guy with franchise potential if his class is poor. If I get a franchise guy and everyone else gets a lemon I'm fine!

Bills are nowhere without a QB. We don't have the guy on the roster now. If we don't get a QB some fans will cheer for losses to get a top 5 pick. That's the silver lining, not another no QB 6 or 7 win season.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.