RD 5, Pick 156: RB Jonathan Williams, Arkansas

• Replies 288
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A little unrelated.....I seriously wonder why we brought back Boom Herron

Does anyone else think a trade might be coming? Karlos Williams?

its a little late to trade anyone. Or a little early. Depends where you're at. And I don't know what value karlos would have. He is not a game changing RB and by all accounts of stats, he is a typical JAG RB with injury issues to compound his value.

Buffalo Bills' biggest steal, reach of the 2016 NFL draft

It’s obviously way too early to be giving a pass/fail grade on this year’s NFL Draft picks, but there’s no harm in throwing out some opinions on which picks seem like the best value based on my individual player grades. With that in mind, here are my picks for the Buffalo Bills’ biggest steal and reach of this year’s draft.

Steal: Jonathan Williams, RB, Arkansas (5th Round, 156th overall)

The 2016 draft was full of steals at the running back position, thanks to one of the deeper classes in terms of mid-round value. The Bills grabbed a bargain ball-carrier of their own in Williams, who could have gone much earlier if a foot injury hadn’t claimed his senior campaign in 2015.

• 2 weeks later...

training camp.....guessing McCoy will be held out often and Karlos not ready.....extra bodies for early games?

i know this is old, but id assume just legs to run practice and doesnt hurt to have another guy up to speed on the playbook.

We have about 2 years before Shady's contract is such that he can realistically be released. At there has been talk that McCoy will be taken out of goaline situation this year.

Right on que they have this kid waiting in the wings.

thats the hope i have.. Have time to bring Williams along. It is stretch thinking, but not unreasonable

Brown answers the Herron question just fine. Be interesting if he tightened up his game with this opportunity and Bills had five four guys competing in camp.

I do not think LeSean is going anywhere.

Leaves

K Williams

M Gillislee

J Williams

J Wilder

to battle it out.

thats the hope i have.. Have time to bring Williams along. It is stretch thinking, but not unreasonable

Brown answers the Herron question just fine. Be interesting if he tightened up his game with this opportunity and Bills had five four guys competing in camp.

I do not think LeSean is going anywhere.

Leaves

K Williams

M Gillislee

J Williams

J Wilder

to battle it out.

Herron is a camp body. Based on what I saw from him last year, I think he's behind all those guys on the depth chart. I sure hope he's not our #1 or #2 back again at any point this season and he's just there to take TC reps.

Herron is a camp body. Based on what I saw from him last year, I think he's behind all those guys on the depth chart. I sure hope he's not our #1 or #2 back again at any point this season and he's just there to take TC reps.

I assumed this is what the deal is for Herron.

But just maybe he makes good use of his opportunity and some cards fall into his lap to push Wilder and Touchdown Mike, maybe even Jonathan starts the season on PS?

I assumed this is what the deal is for Herron.

But just maybe he makes good use of his opportunity and some cards fall into his lap to push Wilder and Touchdown Mike, maybe even Jonathan starts the season on PS?

we are also re building special teams. you'll see lots of RBs and LB bodies around who can do that.

Good point, did lose a couple good ones this offseason .

i think we actually improved on ST with additions of Robert Blanton, Lorenzo Alexander, Jamari Lattimore and Colt Anderson. Underrated FA signings IMO. Edited by YoloinOhio