RD 4, Pick 139: QB Cardale Jones, Ohio State

I don't think Tyrod has any concern about this Jones taking over as starter this season, but he has to be aware that if Jones shows promise it could affect his contract, and even his future with the team. But then again, you guys know everything!

Taylor, from everything he's said and shown, is smart enough to know the only thing you can control as a player is your own game. He knows that he needs to play well this year to get a long term deal here, he knows he needs to get this team to the playoffs to cement his spot. There's not enough time in the day for him to worry about all that and the "what if" scenario about Jones developing. There will always be a shiny new QB waiting in the wings... Tyrod knows this because he was one just last year.

Edited by Deranged Rhino

• Replies 599
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think Tyrod has any concern about this Jones taking over as starter this season, but he has to be aware that if Jones shows promise it could affect his contract, and even his future with the team. But then again, you guys know everything!

Well if it is a motivator , so be it.

I am sure he is well aware of who they drafted. All part of the game though , don't you agree ?

Maybe i mistook you were thinking he was worried about THIS season.

and thanks for noticing ! I do know everything.

Because i make it up and then believe me. :w00t:

It takes forever for EJ to look over his shoulder. Slow eyes.

:lol:

:lol: Not about the guy two spots behind him on the depth chart he's not.

I merely asked "I wonder what Tyrod is thinking?", a pretty broad question.

It was you that decided that meant I thought he was worried about Cardale replacing him this season. I just wondered what he might be thinking, it could be "I like Cardale as a backup", or "This makes the team stronger" or "I hope EJ stays" or just about anything.

Edited by HoF Watkins

I merely asked "I wonder what Tyrod is thinking?", a pretty broad question.

It was you that decided that meant he was worried about Cardale replacing him this season. I just wondered what he might be thinking, it could be "I like Cardale as a backup", or "This makes the team stronger" or "I hope EJ stays" or just about anything.

:rolleyes::rolleyes:

It wasn't me that decided that's what you meant. Your intent was quite clear. Don't try to back away from it now.

That is messed up. What is wrong with people calling him like that and hanging up?

The Jaramey Tunsil crap too. Which is much worse.

I don't get it. some folks got a mean streak or mental issues. Damn shame. Should be happiest day of a kids life.

Guess it turned out well enough per the video though !

That is messed up. What is wrong with people calling him like that and hanging up?

The Jaramey Tunsil crap too. Which is much worse.

I don't get it. some folks got a mean streak or mental issues. Damn shame. Should be happiest day of a kids life.

Guess it turned out well enough per the video though !

I think it's our celebrity culture. Too many wannabes who will do anything, literally anything to be part of the story.