Not a big fan of this draft coverage

boyst

They stretched this into a 3 day affair, wait til next year when they try to make a smell-o-vision draft

Imagine how many in attendance would fart in Goodell's general direction...they'd literally be booing out of their arses.

Yep, it's an unwatchable piece of crap. Football is becoming too much commercialized entertainment and not enough real football. I think they ease up for the simple minded like everything else in the entertainment world. Gone are the days of depth, analysis, insight and real conversation. Everything is superficial hype and eye candy, coated with cute slogans and catch phrases.

Trying to please everyone, ends up turning off the real fans. You can't blame the NFL because it is succeeding and selling and that is the point of the business. It would be nice to have a button for dual coverage. One for real fans and one for dipshits.

Yep, it's an unwatchable piece of crap. Football is becoming too much commercialized entertainment and not enough real football. I think they ease up for the simple minded like everything else in the entertainment world. Gone are the days of depth, analysis, insight and real conversation. Everything is superficial hype and eye candy, coated with cute slogans and catch phrases.

Trying to please everyone, ends up turning off the real fans. You can't blame the NFL because it is succeeding and selling and that is the point of the business. It would be nice to have a button for dual coverage. One for real fans and one for dipshits.

Trouble is the dipshits think the others are the dipshits.

Maybe they just don't want to have to talk about all these players they don't really know that much about, and I could see myself getting tired of watching Goodell get booed, but yeah it is pretty bad.

Kipper could talk for an hour about a 7th rounder

Am I the only one tired of how they keep propping up former players, kids, fans and miscellaneous people to announce the picks? the goofiness of it is too much. it is fun to have some different things done but it is too much - i want draft coverage. talk about the players, talk about the picks, let us get football information instead of wasting 30 seconds of every minutes having someone zip line in to do a barrel roll and back handspring handing the card to a former player who than announces who he is then tells us that random fan who won some contest presented by bed bath and body works is going to announce the draft only to have that fan barely be able to read the card!

this isn't a get off my lawn thing but i want to see and hear abotu football!

I absolutely hate it also. Which was the worst TV moment in history, Gale Sayers incoherent mumbling, or the insane chick rambling on in Mexico. Also, the booing Roger thing every time you see his shadow to me is so absolutely lame and played.

The one thing I think they've done a little better on this year is continuing to focus on the picks more in the late rounds. One of my biggest pet peeves on the late rd coverage is when they 'go to the war room' to hear some coach blather on uselessly what a great draft the had, while 7 picks are being made

The NFL hasn't been about football for more than 20 years. It's all about "revenue generating events".

They just cannot keep anything simple. Everything has to be grandiose, because, after all, it's the NFL.

People complained for years that the draft was boring. They tried to spice it up with former players, fans and other people. It was different and some were goofy but over all it entertains the casual observer. This was not for the hard core draftniks.