Trump vs Clinton: Pre Convention matchup

49 members have voted

1. 1. Who would you vote for in the General Election?

• Clinton
    • Trump

Well, it looks like the dust has settled, resulting in Clinton and Trump winning the most votes in their respective parties. Whether they end up being the actual candidates, that's to be determined. BUT let's assume they are.

Who are you voting for, and why?

• Replies 408
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Well, it looks like the dust has settled, resulting in Clinton and Trump winning the most votes in their respective parties. Whether they end up being the actual candidates, that's to be determined. BUT let's assume they are.

Who are you voting for, and why?

You really should have a "neither" option.

You really should have a "neither" option.

Realistically the two major party candidates will get the vast majority of votes. The only situation I see something else happening is if Sanders runs as an independent, and/or Trump gets ousted at the convention, and runs as an independent, himself.

Realistically the two major party candidates will get the vast majority of votes. The only situation I see something else happening is if Sanders runs as an independent, and/or Trump gets ousted at the convention, and runs as an independent, himself.

Realistically, you asked "who are you voting for?" Not "which major party candidate will get your vote?"

Realistically, you asked "who are you voting for?" Not "which major party candidate will get your vote?"

The vast majority of voters vote for the major parties.

If your answer is 'not participating' then don't click an answer on the poll. :)

I think your proposed candidate will be the eventual winner regardless of who wins the race to be POTUS this time around.

Oh dear Lord, how did we get into this mess?

Would be good for humanity. Thin out traffic a little bit.

I thought you said that you would vote for Hillary if the republicans didn't nominate a true Libertarian?

In a typical Presidential election year, I always vote Democrat as a protest vote, and I intended to do the same this year. However, unlike prior candidates whom I simply disagreed with philosophically, Hillary Clinton is a criminal, and after giving it some serious thought, I can't violate my conscience by pulling the lever for her.

Thus, my revised candidate of choice this year.

A better poll would be what will be the voter participation %.

1960 62.8%

1964 61.9%

1968 60.9%

1972 55.2%

1976 53.6%

1980 52.6%

1984 53.3%

1988 50.2%

1992 55.2%

1996 49.0%

2000 51.2%

2004 56.7%

2008 58.2%

2012 54.9%

My guess is the high 50s likely 58% and women will be out in full force as African Americans were for Obama.

The question is what percentage of the electorate will be men and women.

Additionally what percentage of women will vote for Hillary.

It could be an epic beat down if 55% of the electorate is women and they break for Hillary at 70%. In 2012 53% of the electorate were women. I expect this number to climb at least 2%.

It will be a 20 point blow out.

Edited by Dr.Sack