All Hail Doug Whaley! Look At All He's Done!

Astrobot

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yes, look how prophetic that was! last year is now history and pretty disappointing history at that. rhino's first reference starts with the caveat of "if they had a qb". how can anyone possibly rank a roster exclusive of qb. this is bs designed to calm the masses of frustrated bills fans. and it appears to have at least in some small measure succeeded.

if nothing else, we now can discard two sources as accurate talent evaluators.

So you said initially that no independent sources had the Bills as a talented team, but when presented with 3 different ones you decide to discredit them instead of admitting wrongfulness?

Also, doesn't "if they had a QB" kind of get addressed by the fact that Taylor exceeded everyone's expectations by s country mile?

Yes, you are indeed moving the goalposts

Rhino, those articles are a year old as you point out, and we ended 8-8. I doubt you will find a story this year listing how deep we are for 2016

Considering they're from the most recently completed off season, they're entirely relevant to bird's original (false) statement that no impartial expert or non expert observers have praised the Bills' talent as comparatively excellent or even good.

We haven't even had the draft yet, let alone UDFA or June cuts. It's too early to predict what the expert observers (or non expert observers) will say. The articles just show bird's statement is unequivocally inaccurate.

i'd say nfl.com (your reference) moved the goal posts. in what idiot universe does someone judge roster talent exclusive of the most important position? and who besides you would take that seriously?

Your original statement was that no one said the Bills roster had talent. You're wrong, the links prove it. You can own it or you can change your argument.

really? do you notice many impartial expert or nonexpert observers praising the bills' talent level as comparatively excellent or even good? i don't.

^ this was the comment in case you needed to see it

Even asked for "nonexperts", which you then chide Rhino for providing

Edited by thebandit27

Considering they're from the most recently completed off season, they're entirely relevant to bird's original (false) statement that no impartial expert or non expert observers have praised the Bills' talent as comparatively excellent or even good.

We haven't even had the draft yet, let alone UDFA or June cuts. It's too early to predict what the expert observers (or non expert observers) will say. The articles just show bird's statement is unequivocally inaccurate.

Your original statement was that no one said the Bills roster had talent. You're wrong, the links prove it. You can own it or you can change your argument.

except I didn't say the bills talent exclusive of qb. what would motivate anyone to make such a statement? ooo, ooo, ooo , I know, I know (hand shoots up from the back of the kindergarten class).

Hey, I'm fine with criticism, but incredulity in the face of being shown exactly what you asked for rankles me

Intellectual honesty isn't bird's strongest suit.

except I didn't say the bills talent exclusive of qb. what would motivate anyone to make such a statement? ooo, ooo, ooo , I know, I know (hand shoots up from the back of the kindergarten class).

So, you've opted to double down on changing your argument. Got it. Let's just ignore those articles were written before Taylor took a snap for the Bills. He won more games than he lost for the club and I think he's got a chance to be the answer at the position. But again, details...

This is the 3rd year they're in win now mode.

2014 saw the trading up for Watkins, which ultimately didn't make EJM better. Marrone was in his second season, as was Whaley, and new ownership came on board.

2015 saw the hiring of a big name HC and an off-season spending spree.

2016 didn't have the spending 2015 did, but without a playoff appearance, it's likely there's going to be changes.

If a GM is doing the job correctly, they aren't in win-now mode for this long. Regardless, this is going to be an interesting season for the HC and GM. Their jobs should be on the line given all the resources their owner has provided. More than can be said for anyone before them.

Intellectual honesty isn't bird's strongest suit.

So, you've opted to double down on changing your argument. Got it. Let's just ignore those articles were written before Taylor took a snap for the Bills. He won more games than he lost for the club and I think he's got a chance to be the answer at the position. But again, details...

which makes them even less relevant or accurate. a talent e v a l that ignores the qb position is a zero. you're the one doubling down on linking such a ridiculous e v a l. 2 times zero is still zero.

but hey, let's get back to denigrating the writer that ranked whaley 27th. because...well, just because.

Hopefully, people will take this seriously coming from you, Astro.

I think Whaley has been nearly perfect since his arrival. In fact, the two three worst additions, in my opinion, had nothing to do with him.

Indeed, all hail Whaley. indeed.

Let me guess, Tyrod Taylor is one of the worst additions the Bills have made during Whaley's entire tenure. Pray tell, what were the other two.

Actually, most analysts were calling the Bills a top-5 team in talent last offseason.

Great, a top five team in talent that went 8-8!

Rex Ryan took the most talented, highest paid D-line in the league and made them look below average in his craptastic scheme. and yet here the Bills FO is at attempting to rebuild the defense to fit a 3-4 for Rex! Now, unless Whaley finds another Lawrence Taylor / Von Miller type with the 19th pick the defense will still probably be a bad defense again in 2016.

A darn shame that Doug Whaley is tied to a bum who only knows how run a defense in his own lame way.

Edited by Nihilarian

Great, a top five team in talent that went 8-8!

Rex Ryan took the most talented, highest paid D-line in the league and made them look below average in his craptastic scheme. and yet here the Bills FO is at attempting to rebuild the defense to fit a 3-4 for Rex! Now, unless Whaley finds another Lawrence Taylor / Von Miller type with the 19th pick the defense will still probably be a bad defense again in 2016.

A darn shame that Doug Whaley is tied to a bum who only knows how run a defense in his own lame way.

So is this a criticism of Whaley for his personnel decisions, Ryan for his coaching style, or both?

We will see this season. If they do good, great. 7-9 wins, we will probably get one more kick at it. Whaley will get a shot to come out of the Tyrod/QB situation, Rex Ryan one more shot.

I think it is very possible the wheels come off this season. If they do, I think it is important for them to cleanse the all the dead weight and failure in the front office and build from the top down. Maybe be at the bottom for a year or 2 while fixing the cap, and acquiring picks.

I really wish they could have hired Andy Reid to run the show when the time came. Someone like that.

Yeah I have no complaints with DW, none. Now if he could just trade McCoy and Gilmore to the Browns for the 8th pick, and their second and a 6th, I'd be happy. ;)

Tim-

Your resulting mock:

1 8 Buffalo Ezekiel Elliott RB Ohio St

1 19 Buffalo William Jackson CB Houston

2 32 Buffalo Vonn Bell SS Ohio St

2 49 Buffalo Adolphus Washington DT34 Ohio State

3 80 Buffalo Kyler Fackrell OLB34 Utah State

4 117 Buffalo Fahn Cooper OT Ole Miss

4 139 Buffalo T.J. Green FS Clemson

5 156 Buffalo Matt Ioannidis DE34 Temple

6 176 Buffalo Charone Peake WRF Clemson

6 192 Buffalo James Burgess ILB