Bills Astro-Mock

Astrobot

My sig line hasn't changed for weeks. Still worth considering.
But here goes:
RD1 Jarran Reed DT34,DE. You had dinner with him in front of God and Everybody.
Other candidates: Fuller, Michael Thomas, Shepard---We need a WR, Fuller=speed, Thomas=size. Shep=separation Watkins=can he last a season?
Dark horse: Ragland ILB. Rex needs his David Harris, and the way the draft falls, he offers the most value
RD2 Cravens OLB (4 visits). Hybrid LB-S too cool a toy for Rex.
Other candidates: Washington DT/DE if Reed-Rankins not selected; Chris Jones, Bronson Kaufusi EDGE
Other candidates: Germain Ifedi ROT, Kamalei Correa Cover LB, Vonn Bell SS
Dark horse: Cook QB but I'm pretty sure he's not the guy.
RD3 - Next Available WR of Shepard, Carroo, Thomas, or Boyd still on the board.
Other candidates: Kyler Fackrell, Cyrus Jones CB (may be there RD4 but they like him)
Dark horses: Hackenberg QB or Christian Westerman OG. I'll be a genius if they take him.
RD4A – Yannick Ngakoue OLB34.

Dark horses: Cardale QB, Killebrew SS, DeAndre Houston-Carson Listenbee WR

RD4B – Kevin Hogan QB
Dark horses: Spencer Drango or Pearce Slater run-blocking OGOT, Nile Lawrence-Stample DT
RD5 –S goes here: SS Byard, SS Kearse, FS T.J. Green, FS Deiondre' Hall.
Dark horse: Charone Peake WR (Sammy's roomie), Joe Dahl run-blocking OGOT, Dominique Alexander ILB
RD6A -Fill-in pick.
---------Aguayo if he's still here,
---------Brissett if no QB taken yet,
---------Caleb Benenoch run-blocking ROT
---------Curt Maggitt OLB
---------Tajae Sharpe or Ricardo Louis WR
---------Thomas Duarte or Ryan Malleck TE
---------Elijah Shumate SS
---------Josh Tupou DT34
RD6B – ILB Antonio Longino. Another one where I look like a genius or a fool.
Dark horses: Nick Ritcher, Gronkowski, Devon “Rockhead” Johnson FB/RB, Tavon Young CB
--------Henry Krieger-Coble TE
We're still planning on updating our mock after EVERY PICK! http://www.drafttek.com/2016-NFL-Mock-Draft-Round1.asp Go Bills! -Astro, DraftTek

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice work Astro!

I had just commented earlier this week that I wasnt big on Reed, but I think part of that has been not wanting to be a Bama homer and second guessing it. As we approach the draft, Im much more on board with landing Reed to play the middle and let Dareus and Kyle wreak havoc around him.

Reed and Cravens would be a great start to our draft!

Cant wait to get round 1 started tomorrow! :thumbsup:

Edited by DrDareustein

Nice work Astro!

I had just commented earlier this week that I wasnt big on Reed, but I think part of that has been not wanting to be a Bama homer and second guessing it. As we approach the draft, Im much more on board with landing Reed to play the middle and let Dareus and Kyle wreak havoc around him.

Reed and Cravens would be a great start to our draft!

Cant wait to get round 1 started tomorrow! :thumbsup:

Yikes! It's here. It's finally here. The Draft starts tomorrow. Woo-hoo!

My sig line hasn't changed for weeks. Still worth considering.
But here goes:
RD1 Jarran Reed DT34,DE. You had dinner with him in front of God and Everybody.
Other candidates: Fuller, Michael Thomas, Shepard---We need a WR, Fuller=speed, Thomas=size. Shep=separation Watkins=can he last a season?
Dark horse: Ragland ILB. Rex needs his David Harris, and the way the draft falls, he offers the most value
RD2 Cravens OLB (4 visits). Hybrid LB-S too cool a toy for Rex.
Other candidates: Washington DT/DE if Reed-Rankins not selected; Chris Jones, Bronson Kaufusi EDGE
Other candidates: Germain Ifedi ROT, Kamalei Correa Cover LB, Vonn Bell SS
Dark horse: Cook QB but I'm pretty sure he's not the guy.
RD3 - Next Available WR of Shepard, Carroo, Thomas, or Boyd still on the board.
Other candidates: Kyler Fackrell, Cyrus Jones CB (may be there RD4 but they like him)
Dark horses: Hackenberg QB or Christian Westerman OG. I'll be a genius if they take him.
RD4A – Yannick Ngakoue OLB34.

Dark horses: Cardale QB, Killebrew SS, DeAndre Houston-Carson Listenbee WR

RD4B – Kevin Hogan QB
Dark horses: Spencer Drango or Pearce Slater run-blocking OGOT, Nile Lawrence-Stample DT
RD5 –S goes here: SS Byard, SS Kearse, FS T.J. Green, FS Deiondre' Hall.
Dark horse: Charone Peake WR (Sammy's roomie), Joe Dahl run-blocking OGOT, Dominique Alexander ILB
RD6A -Fill-in pick.
---------Aguayo if he's still here,
---------Brissett if no QB taken yet,

---------Caleb Benenoch run-blocking ROT

---------Curt Maggitt OLB
---------Tajae Sharpe or Ricardo Louis WR
---------Thomas Duarte or Ryan Malleck TE
---------Elijah Shumate SS
---------Josh Tupou DT34
RD6B – ILB Antonio Longino. Another one where I look like a genius or a fool.
Dark horses: Nick Ritcher, Gronkowski, Devon “Rockhead” Johnson FB/RB, Tavon Young CB
--------Henry Krieger-Coble TE
We're still planning on updating our mock after EVERY PICK! http://www.drafttek.com/2016-NFL-Mock-Draft-Round1.asp Go Bills! -Astro, DraftTek

Great work my friend. :thumbsup: I would go Shepard in Rd.3 and Benenoch in Rd.6

Great work my friend. :thumbsup: I would go Shepard in Rd.3 and Benenoch in Rd.6

Shepard to me is the separation guy, shifty, a darter. He is now what Braxton Miller will be in 2 years.

Benenoch is 10th on my list of top run-blockers. a Junior who has potential. He blocked for Paul Perkins at UCLA.

Whaley will make picks that keep his staff in place. Thus, no guys who fall out windows (Nkem), were suspended for doing ecstasy (Noah), or slap his girlfriend around (Leonte).

I like this except for Reed.

Look at my sig. We're taking Reed in a trade-down. As for whom we will trade with, read this: http://buildingtheherd.com/commentary/2016-nfl-draft-5-trade-scenarios-buffalo-bills-explore/

Nice work Astro. I agree that Rex needs his David Harris type, badly, and we need an edge rusher.

Hybrid LB-Safety: ugh! "43 is the Mike" redux

I agree that Cravens isn't what we think of as a fit, and I'm not "all in", but Bills' interest is there.

If they went Reed-Washington-Fackrell and wait for WR-QB, I'm in...especially if they traded down in RD1 or RD2.

If they went Darron Lee-Shepard/Boyd-Fackrell, I'm in.

Shepard to me is the separation guy, shifty, a darter. He is now what Braxton Miller will be in 2 years.

Benenoch is 10th on my list of top run-blockers. a Junior who has potential. He blocked for Paul Perkins at UCLA.

Whaley will make picks that keep his staff in place. Thus, no guys who fall out windows (Nkem), were suspended for doing ecstasy (Noah), or slap his girlfriend around (Leonte).

Look at my sig. We're taking Reed in a trade-down. As for whom we will trade with, read this: http://buildingtheherd.com/commentary/2016-nfl-draft-5-trade-scenarios-buffalo-bills-explore/

I agree that Cravens isn't what we think of as a fit, and I'm not "all in", but Bills' interest is there.

If they went Reed-Washington-Fackrell and wait for WR-QB, I'm in...especially if they traded down in RD1 or RD2.

If they went Darron Lee-Shepard/Boyd-Fackrell, I'm in.

The biggest reason Im excited for this draft is that the Bills can play out any of what seems to be hundreds of scenarios, and Ill be ok with it.

I bet they can trade down and get Reed.

Those that want Reed draft lower than our pick (HOU, GB,) except ATL BAL, JAX, and TB.

ATL would take the higher-ranked Darron Lee over Reed, much higher-ranked on all Big Boards.

BAL would get one of the guys falling out of the top 6 DL guys (Bosa, Lawson, Floyd, Rankins, Reed, Chris Jones).

TB, JAX, CLE and MIA are the teams to watch. If one takes a non-DL player, we'll get Bosa, Lawson, Floyd, Rankins, Reed, or Chris Jones.

TB could take their OT (either side) or any position on the D (DL, LB, S, CB)

JAX could take ILB or OLB in lieu of the deep DL class.

CLE could take Lynch, the top CB Hargreaves, or the top WR.

MIA could take a CB or even RB.

Trades from below us could foil our plan (namely CIN), but A'Shawn Robinson may also be on other teams' boards.

The Bills select DE Shaq Lawson at #19 overall if he is still available and they don't trade the pick.

Reed is more of a run stuffer than anything else. Lawson is simply a better player than Reed.

Shaq wont make it past #11.

Reed, as a stuffing Nose, is exactly what we need to add to this DL.

No one will argue that Lawson isnt better, but he simply wont be available to us.

I bet they can trade down and get Reed.

Those that want Reed draft lower than our pick (HOU, GB,) except ATL BAL, JAX, and TB.

ATL would take the higher-ranked Darron Lee over Reed, much higher-ranked on all Big Boards.

BAL would get one of the guys falling out of the top 6 DL guys (Bosa, Lawson, Floyd, Rankins, Reed, Chris Jones).

TB, JAX, CLE and MIA are the teams to watch. If one takes a non-DL player, we'll get Bosa, Lawson, Floyd, Rankins, Reed, or Chris Jones.

TB could take their OT (either side) or any position on the D (DL, LB, S, CB)

JAX could take ILB or OLB in lieu of the deep DL class.

CLE could take Lynch, the top CB Hargreaves, or the top WR.

MIA could take a CB or even RB.

Trades from below us could foil our plan (namely CIN), but A'Shawn Robinson may also be on other teams' boards.

Trade down? Why all the passion over Reed when the guy is such an ineffective pass rusher? Two years at Alabama and only two sacks with 16 QB pressures and he was subbed out on 3rd downs. Solid two gapping run stopper in college but looks to be a bit short and light in the pants for a full-fledged first round two-gapper in the NFL. Plus, kinda totally useless in dropping into pass coverage that Ryan loves to have his entire line get into at times.

The Bills biggest loss was a pass rushing DE in Mario and now want to use that first pick on a run stuffing DT? I would have thought that first pick would be with an edge rusher at OLBer to fit the 3-4 Ryan wants to build.

Shaq wont make it past #11.

Reed, as a stuffing Nose, is exactly what we need to add to this DL.

No one will argue that Lawson isnt better, but he simply wont be available to us.

Lawson is overrated here and I think he falls past 20. There I said it! (Meanwhile, Leonard Floyd will go top 10 - book it.)

As for Reed, I like the player, and I think the Bills LOVE the player - but it's hard to justify a run-stuffer with no passrushing abilities at 19. Trade down and get him, sure.

Edited by Coach Tuesday

Lawson is overrated here and I think he falls past 20. There I said it! (Meanwhile, Leonard Floyd will go top 10 - book it.)

As for Reed, I like the player, and I think the Bills LOVE the player - but it's hard to justify a run-stuffer with no passrushing abilities at 19. Trade down and get him, sure.

Trade down? Why all the passion over Reed when the guy is such an ineffective pass rusher? Two years at Alabama and only two sacks with 16 QB pressures and he was subbed out on 3rd downs. Solid two gapping run stopper in college but looks to be a bit short and light in the pants for a full-fledged first round two-gapper in the NFL. Plus, kinda totally useless in dropping into pass coverage that Ryan loves to have his entire line get into at times.

The Bills biggest loss was a pass rushing DE in Mario and now want to use that first pick on a run stuffing DT? I would have thought that first pick would be with an edge rusher at OLBer to fit the 3-4 Ryan wants to build.

Kyle Williams is a pass rusher.

Marcel Dareus is a pass rusher.

Jerry Hughes is the pass rushing OLB.

We had plenty of "pass rushers" on this team last year, what makes you think we need to bring in more pass rushers to not rush the QB?

We're talking Rex's scheme here, and the thing we were missing most was that big guy to clog up the middle to allow the rest of the DL to get upfield, and the LBs to make plays behind them.

That's the logic I've come around to for drafting Reed.

Edited by DrDareustein

Except Reed is a so-so player for #19 overall. As was mentioned, I would trade down and still get him.

It's not a given that Lawson will be gone by #19 overall.

I would take Rankins over Reed as well.

The Bills would be "settling" if they were to take Reed at #19 overall.

Missing from logical thinking here is what's already on the Bills roster. Last year, the Bills used Dareus primarily as a three technique two-gap run stopper. Anyone that knows anything about football would tell you that you do not give a $100m contract to a defensive lineman to be a two-gap run stopper. Reed IMO represents the perfect pick for the Bills. Put him in the middle and bump Dareus to the outside. You also already have Hughes on the outside along with Kyle Williams. At #19, and for what he's actually done in his college career, he's a perfect fit. Could they still pick an OLB with that first pick in the draft? Sure they could. They did visit Darron Lee (who should be gone well before #19) and Leonard Floyd. At the end of the day, I see Floyd as a fallback position if they don't get their guy.