Myles Jack Could Slide Down in the Draft

• Replies 303
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This deserves its own hashtag...

#moveformyles

The repair of the lateral meniscus that tore off the bone when he suffered the injury in September is not the issue, according to several sources with direct knowledge of Jack's situation. Instead, the cartilage and bone have begun to separate, creating what is referred to by medical professionals as an osteochondral defect.

If or when the bone and cartilage fully separate, Jack will need to undergo another procedure and it will keep him out for a prolonged period of time. One possibility is microfracture surgery, though there are other options that teams have discussed.

Listen carefully...do you hear that?

That's the sound of me not giving a rat's arse about the chondral defect and wanting Myles Jack!

:lol::D

:lol: There are at least two of us who are in that camp.

@DraftCampbell

If Myles Jacks falls to the Browns at eight, I think the Raiders, Colts, Bills, and Jets should all be looking at trading up for him.

Listen carefully...do you hear that?

That's the sound of me not giving a rat's arse about the chondral defect and wanting Myles Jack!

:lol::D

If it's a problem in 5 years, so be it. 4 years on a 1st round deal, 5th year option. 5 years of elite LB play for a decent rate.

I could handle not re-signing him after his deal expires.

:w00t::w00t:

IF...and it is a BIG IF....what they say about his knee is true....why would you take a chance like that in the 1st rd ?...Can't make plays rehabbing..JMO

Because if it's not true, and you'd have to trust your medical staff's assessment, he's a dynamic talent that would make more impact on this team, this year, than perhaps any other player in the draft.

Classic risk v reward. All that said, I still think he ends up in Jax.

If it's a problem in 5 years, so be it. 4 years on a 1st round deal, 5th year option. 5 years of elite LB play for a decent rate.

I could handle not re-signing him after his deal expires.

Exactly.

IF...and it is a BIG IF....what they say about his knee is true....why would you take a chance like that in the 1st rd ?...Can't make plays rehabbing..JMO

Yes

#moveupformyles

:w00t::w00t:

Because if it's not true, and you'd have to trust your medical staff's assessment, he's a dynamic talent that would make more impact on this team, this year, than perhaps any other player in the draft.

Classic risk v reward. All that said, I still think he ends up in Jax.

Same here

@NFLonFOX

You love mocks, we love mocks, so let's mock all seven rounds of this NFL Draft. @PSchrags: https://t.co/wF0U3IatTC

19. Buffalo (8-8): Myles Jack, LB, UCLA

Jack's a wildcard. I know his knee is a major concern for some teams, while others say it doesn't bother them as much. He'd be the perfect fit in Rex and Rob Ryan's defense, and I can imagine them doing flips if he slipped this far. Again, Jack could go top-five or second round. Seriously.