Bills Working on extensions for Gilmore & Maybe Tyrod

• Replies 491
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here's what I keep coming back to: can anyone name a time in which the Pegula regime wanted to re-sign a player and didn't get it done?

Granted, it's been two offseasons, but since they bought the team, they've been able to work out long-term deals with:

Hughes

Dareus

Glenn

Incognito

McCoy

I'm honestly struggling to think of anyone that they seriously have attempted to re-up with and couldn't get done.

I'm thinking that Gilmore's deal is only a matter of time.

Nor can I.

But ya can't keep em all.

I must admit, my position has changed on this.

Felt he was going to get overpaid. The Norman deal really is a thorn in my side.

But that is how it works with a rising salary cap.

How much players are paid is absurd and has changed the game.

Wish they would hold it for a couple 4 years. but that is not my point. oops

Gilmore was drafted has played well. Has Been Good Bills Family. No crazy stuff, no weird mouthy late night hooliganism. Just works his craft. His mentoring of Darby was not required but Darby said it was significant getting him up to speed. And we saw that on the Field come Season.

Hard to hold any animosity towards him by me. I have had my frustration with him over the years. Most of was early though and he has grown each year. Learned over these years and put that knowledge down on the field.

I think we sign him and Bills will get full effort from him and great value over the length of the deal. It's a prediction sure. But the previous pattern says its likely.

So just pay him. Make the deal Jim.

Maybe i will B word he was overpaid at first. Deep down my thinking is he will again change my mind about him. and again for the better.

Go Bills !

Nor can I.

But ya can't keep em all.

I must admit, my position has changed on this.

Felt he was going to get overpaid. The Norman deal really is a thorn in my side.

But that is how it works with a rising salary cap.

How much players are paid is absurd and has changed the game.

Wish they would hold it for a couple 4 years. but that is not my point. oops

Gilmore was drafted has played well. Has Been Good Bills Family. No crazy stuff, no weird mouthy late night hooliganism. Just works his craft. His mentoring of Darby was not required but Darby said it was significant getting him up to speed. And we saw that on the Field come Season.

Hard to hold any animosity towards him by me. I have had my frustration with him over the years. Most of was early though and he has grown each year. Learned over these years and put that knowledge down on the field.

I think we sign him and Bills will get full effort from him and great value over the length of the deal. It's a prediction sure. But the previous pattern says its likely.

So just pay him. Make the deal Jim.

Maybe i will B word he was overpaid at first. Deep down my thinking is he will again change my mind about him. and again for the better.

Go Bills !

They will but deals like this take a considerable amount of time.

They will but deals like this take a considerable amount of time.

We shall see my Friend.

I am not so sure as some others. I was once upon a time.

Keep a close eye on Darby. If he looks very very good in camp and SEE More continues trending up. Bills might let Gilmore play the Season out.

We shall see my Friend.

I am not so sure as some others. I was once upon a time.

Keep a close eye on Darby. If he looks very very good in camp and SEE More continues trending up. Bills might let Gilmore play the Season out.

You must understand that Gilmore may choose to play the season out with little the Bills can do about it - if his numbers are "whoa" that his agent is giving the Bills. It's not just the Bills that are involved here. Gilmore and his agent are keenly aware that the franchise tag is unofficially designated for their situation with Tyrod. They're capitalizing on that and negotiating with that leverage I'm sure. Darby is the leverage the Bills have - albeit not nearly the trump card Gilmore holds with the likelihood of needing that tag as security with Taylor. Keep a close eye on Taylor. If they agree during the season with him - Gilmore's leverage goes to poo poo. Get used to this my friend - because when you draft well - this is going to happen more and more often.

Uh oh Darby.....

Sorry if this has already been posted...

http://bills.buffalonews.com/2016/06/13/bills-darby-keeps-eye-escalating-cb-contracts/

Gilmore is looking to do what was already done this offseason, and that's break the bank. Josh Norman got his chance when he left the Carolina Panthers to for a free-agent deal with the Washington Redskins worth $75 million over five years.

"I was happy for him," Darby said with a smile. "I was like, 'In a few years, hopefully mine will be somewhere around there … or higher.'"

You must understand that Gilmore may choose to play the season out with little the Bills can do about it - if his numbers are "whoa" that his agent is giving the Bills. It's not just the Bills that are involved here. Gilmore and his agent are keenly aware that the franchise tag is unofficially designated for their situation with Tyrod. They're capitalizing on that and negotiating with that leverage I'm sure. Darby is the leverage the Bills have - albeit not nearly the trump card Gilmore holds with the likelihood of needing that tag as security with Taylor. Keep a close eye on Taylor. If they agree during the season with him - Gilmore's leverage goes to poo poo. Get used to this my friend - because when you draft well - this is going to happen more and more often.

It is an adjustment !

I have no doubt Darby wants the money, and someone Will pay him.

Looks to me like Bills have tried to set themselves up financially for both Stephon Gilmore and Tyrod Taylor. I would have the tag would be used on Gilmore though ?

Sure, but if he gets hurt or his numbers aren't "whoa", then he could be shooting himself in the foot.

We have a franchise tag we can use in various forms if we need to next offseason. Fact of the matter is Gilmore is getting a smidge over $11,000,000 to play this season. That's a pretty good :censored: take for 5-6 months out of your year if you ask me. If he puts together a good, consistent, and HEALTHY campaign this year then pay the man. I would have absolutely no qualms with that. Other than that I hope our FO doesn't make the mistake of giving this guy the dough he is asking for or assumes he is worth. Same goes for Tyrod.

@thadbrown7

Gilmore says he won't do anything this week. Not frustrated w contract situation. Will he be Buffalo Bill long term? "I hope so. Never know"

@JoeBuscaglia

#Bills CB Stephon Gilmore said he wouldn't sit out of training camp practices if he doesn't have a new deal by then.

@viccarucci

Stephon Gilmore says contract negotiations factored into not attending #Bills OTAs & not practicing in minicamp.

@buffalobills

Gilmore on his contract: "Leaving it up to my agent. Just happy to be with my team and trying to better my craft."

Ck7PgnvUYAASUuB.jpg

@MatthewFairburn

Stephon Gilmore said he'll be ready to compete at training camp "whenever I get there." Does that mean it won't be at the start? "We'll see"

@ProFootballTalk

ProFootballTalk Retweeted Vic Carucci

This year, the daily fine for training-camp holdout spikes from $30,000 to $40,000.

Sure, but if he gets hurt or his numbers aren't "whoa", then he could be shooting himself in the foot.

He will shine.

Can't blame a guy for having a crystal clear understanding of his value in today's market.

sure cant. and he really is pretty cool about it. I have respect for the person, no matter how the contract goes

It is an adjustment !

I have no doubt Darby wants the money, and someone Will pay him.

Looks to me like Bills have tried to set themselves up financially for both Stephon Gilmore and Tyrod Taylor. I would have the tag would be used on Gilmore though ?

Are you saying you would use the franchise tag on Gilmore? If so what do you do if things get complicated with Tyrod?

Are you saying you would use the franchise tag on Gilmore? If so what do you do if things get complicated with Tyrod?

Good question actually.

They wont get complicated, in my opinion.

If Tyrod is the QB, and he will will be, give him all the marbles. I assume Bills are planning on that

@viccarucci

Stephon Gilmore might want Josh Norman CB money, but the #Bills have no intention of giving it to him. BN Blitz: https://t.co/WJcOPEsYtW

If Stephon Gilmore wants Josh Norman cornerback money, he'll have to get it from another team. I'm told the Bills have no intention of giving Gilmore a contract that will come close to the five-year, $75-million deal Norman received to join the Washington Redskins as a free agent.