A.J. Tarpley retires due to concussions

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

His cap hit was so low, we might actually lose space because of this.

Good decision by him though. He got to live his dream, and I'm sure he'll find success in future endeavors.

He wasn't even in the top 51, per Spotrac, so no impact on the cap.

Right now Schmidt is #51 at 600k, and that's without any data on the site for Brown, Moore and White, who are all going to be more than 600k since they're veterans....but that's neither here nor there, the team has a lot of guys at a 600k hit so that would still be #51. Tarpley had a 525k hit.

Edited by JM57

my cousin graduated from Stamford last year-so it has to be at least a .001% chance.

Best of luck to you AJ

Well that's a totally different school. The names are very similar by design as Stamford sought to benefit from the popularity and reputation of Stanford not unlike when you accidentally wind up surfing pronhub.com. Just not the same. Its a clever scheme but a tad dishonest, in my opinion, especially with something as big as a college education.

Edited by Jauronimo

Well that's a totally different school. The names are very similar by design as Stamford sought to benefit from the popularity and reputation of Stanford not unlike when you accidentally wind up a pronhub.com. Its a clever scheme but a tad dishonest, especially with something as big as a college education.

I grew up thinking my friend's mother went to Seton Hall............Then I congratulated her on her school making the Final Four. Turned out she went to:

vTNT.jpg

Well that's a totally different school. The names are very similar by design as Stamford sought to benefit from the popularity and reputation of Stanford not unlike when you accidentally wind up on pronhub.com. Its a clever scheme but a tad dishonest, especially with something as big as a college education.

Then which program did Samford emulate? Stanford, or the non-existent Stamford?

Imagine the look on the faces of all the Stamford University grads when they find out their school doesn't exist. Your anti-Bangladesh agenda is tiresome and offensive.

Imagine the look on the faces of all the Stamford University grads when they find out their school doesn't exist. Your anti-Bangladesh agenda is tiresome and offensive.

It's their structural engineers that I have a beef with.

A 3rd string, slow MLB with concussions and a Stanford degree? What's more to the story?

He had a single concussion with the Bills. The he was released. He didn't walk away then. Instead he re-signed to the PS. Then he got on the roster at the end of the season.

That undergrad degree in whatever that major is be lucky to get him 10% of the salary that he was due to make next year. He's looking to use it to get into......broadcasting.

It exists, but they will actually find out that they were never admitted because Stamford also has an acceptance rate of "statistically zero".

He had a single concussion with the Bills. The he was released. He didn't walk away then. Instead he re-signed to the PS. Then he got on the roster at the end of the season.

He was listed with concussion one time, but according to him he had two. That means he had another concussion in the last game of the season. Two concussions in a half season of live action. Don't know why you think there's more to the story.

Thanks for the INT's AJ!

Good decision.

Funny how NFL.com has not made a mention of this anywhere on their site all day. I know he's not a big name player but there is no news in the NFL right now, and I've seen news on less popular players retiring early. Pretty sure they don't want any more spotlights on the concussion subject.

Edited by UncleMonkeyHead

He will always have that pick of Fitz.

From a selfish perspective costs us nothing because he was an UDFA.

Nice way to finish the career. Pretty cool.

Brave decision,

Best wishes to the young Man

It's their structural engineers that I have a beef with.

and now the racism

I was just reading the wiki page for the guy who was so great as Chris Darden in the OJ series. I clicked on his wife's name, an actress, and this is what her wiki page says:

Ryan Michelle Bathe (born July 27, 1976) is an American film and television actress.

Bathe grew up in Stamford, Connecticut. She graduated from Stanford University

She must really be confused.