Love 2% of Cap Tyrod, like 10% Tyrod, don't like 15% Tyrod

I have a theory why. It's because we scrutinize everything about our players. All players have some flaws but we magnify our player's flaws. Other teams players we mostly only see on highlights so all we see are great plays. So we start thinking all those players are great and all of ours suck.

Let's have a poll -

You are the Bills GM. You have the choice to sign TT to an extension, sign Brock Osweiller to the contract he was paid by the Texans, or draft a QB at 19. Which do you do and why?

I would choose the option not listed. Let Taylor play out this year of his contract and see how it goes to see if he takes another step forward and secures himself as a legit #1 QB in the NFL. If he does, then I would sign him long term (or tag him). We actually control him for 3 years. We can let him play out this year and tag him twice. The total over that 3 years would be somewhere around $50m (or just under $17m per year). That works for my. I have little doubt we could get him signed long term before the end of year three if he plays well and earns it.

The Bills are in the driver's seat here, not sure why people don't get that.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The #1 reason people don't buy into TT is he's the Bills QB. Plain and simple. We hate our own players. If TT had the same season with another team and was a free agent, he'd be touted as a must-sign free agent. But once he signed, then we'd hate him. It's how we roll.

Wut ?

I would choose the option not listed. Let Taylor play out this year of his contract and see how it goes to see if he takes another step forward and secures himself as a legit #1 QB in the NFL. If he does, then I would sign him long term (or tag him). We actually control him for 3 years. We can let him play out this year and tag him twice. The total over that 3 years would be somewhere around $50m (or just under $17m per year). That works for my. I have little doubt we could get him signed long term before the end of year three if he plays well and earns it.

The Bills are in the driver's seat here, not sure why people don't get that.

That is true but it doesn't guarantee much. Jason Peters was under the Bills control too. How did that work out?

I'm totally on board with what you say and I also know the cap strain the Bills are under. I'm sure TT knows it too. I just worry about things going south with a player I believe will be our QB starter for years to come. We are asking TT to put life and limb on the line for small money to prove something he may already feel he proved last year. His agent is making unhappy noises. You have airheads on NFLN painting this situation as the Bills being cheap. You know how it is with this team. Something good always turns to crap. Maybe I'm just paranoid.

Edited by PromoTheRobot

That is true but it doesn't guarantee much. Jason Peters was under the Bills control too. How did that work out?

I'm totally on board with what you say and I also know the cap strain the Bills are under. I'm sure TT knows it too. I just worry about things going south with a player I believe will be our QB starter for years to come. We are asking TT to put life and limb on the line for a small money to prove something he may already feel he proved last year. His agent is making unhappy noises. You have airheads on NFLN painting this situation as the Bills being cheap. You know how it is with this team. Something good always turns to crap. Maybe I'm just paranoid.

Personally, I don't feel that he answered all of the questions. He performed well statistically. But he showed that he is either unwilling or incapable of reading the middle of the field and delivering the ball consistently. He showed that he is not capable of consistently converting on 3rd downs and extending drives. He hasn't yet proven durability and being able to stay healthy for a full season. If I am Terry Pegula and being asked to commit $20m per year and probably $50m or more in guaranteed money, I think I would want to see more before signing the check. And if I see a QB and an agent who are already starting crap in the press, I'd be even more hesitant to put pen to paper. show me you want to be here, show me you want to be here. Show me you want to be the face of my franchise and that you'll put in the work and be a leader, then we will talk about a new contract.

Personally, I don't feel that he answered all of the questions. He performed well statistically. But he showed that he is either unwilling or incapable of reading the middle of the field and delivering the ball consistently. He showed that he is not capable of consistently converting on 3rd downs and extending drives. He hasn't yet proven durability and being able to stay healthy for a full season. If I am Terry Pegula and being asked to commit $20m per year and probably $50m or more in guaranteed money, I think I would want to see more before signing the check. And if I see a QB and an agent who are already starting crap in the press, I'd be even more hesitant to put pen to paper. show me you want to be here, show me you want to be here. Show me you want to be the face of my franchise and that you'll put in the work and be a leader, then we will talk about a new contract.

A lot of definative statements off of one years worth of work that resulted in a excellent stat line and the pro bowl

Remember......Osweiler was given like a gazillion dollars after talking 10 minutes to the texans.....and didnt accomplish half of what TT did

A lot of definative statements off of one years worth of work that resulted in a excellent stat line and the pro bowl

Remember......Osweiler was given like a gazillion dollars after talking 10 minutes to the texans.....and didnt accomplish half of what TT did

Osweiler helped get the Broncos to the playoffs. You know, by leading them to scoring drives when they needed points.

And the Pro Bowl? Really?? Common man.

Osweiler helped get the Broncos to the playoffs. You know, by leading them to scoring drives when they needed points.

And the Pro Bowl? Really?? Common man.

Gug,

If you for one minute say that Osweiler did ANYTHING that would make him look better then Tyrod Taylor last year I will seriously lose a lot of respect for you.

Denver's strength is its dominating defense......Osweiler did NOT play as well as Tyrod Taylor did

Gug,

If you for one minute say that Osweiler did ANYTHING that would make him look better then Tyrod Taylor last year I will seriously lose a lot of respect for you.

Denver's strength is its dominating defense......Osweiler did NOT play as well as Tyrod Taylor did

You're out of your mind. Yes, Denver rode its defense all the way, that's obvious.

But you might want to check Osweiler's stats before you say something silly like he wasn't better than Taylor.

I have a few thoughts here.

1.) Just because Houston signed Osweiler to a stupid deal, doesn't mean the Bills should be in a rush to do the same.

2.) Osweiler was a UFA. The Broncos couldn't tag him because they needed to tag Miller. Osweiler has the leverage. Taylor has none.

You're out of your mind. Yes, Denver rode its defense all the way, that's obvious.

But you might want to check Osweiler's stats before you say something silly like he wasn't better than Taylor.

1.) Stats don't tell the whole story

2.) Show me a stat from this past season where Osweiler was better than Tyrod, because I can't find one. Seriously.

Do people forget that his OTA, Training camp and preseason was a complete wash last year? A QB can't develop chemistry with his players like that...

We'll see what he's fully capable of doing this year.

To be fair, Osweiler didn't get first team reps either, he was thrown in mid-season.

While I expect a full training camp, and more time will help some, I'm not convinced that there will be some quantum leap from Tyrod this season. i hope I'm wrong.

Hotrod does a lot of things well and all in all played pretty well for us. He could play about the same level this year and we could make playoffs if he could improve on one thing.

Stop laying eggs when the game is on the line late.

He had several chances and came up lame vs Patsies**twice, Eagles, and Washington. Throwing picks and fumbling twice on the same play is not getting it done and renders the rest moot. Had he come through in 1/2 the games I mentioned above, we would have made playoffs.

I like Hotrod and am pulling for him, but this has got to change if he wants the big bucks from us or someone else.

Edited by reddogblitz

Hotrod does a lot of things well and all in all played pretty well for us. He could play about the same level this year and we could make playoffs if he could improve on one thing.

Stop laying eggs when the game is on the line late.

He had several chances and came up lame vs Patsies**twice, Eagles, and Washington. Throwing picks and fumbling twice on the same play is not getting it done and renders the rest moot. Had he come through in 1/2 the games I mentioned above, we would have made playoffs.

I like Hotrod and am pulling for him, but this has got to change if he wants the big bucks from us or someone else.

I recall the pass TT put on McCoy's hands in the end zone where the Pats defenders swatted it away at the very last possible second? So lame, Tyrod. That 21 point comeback against the Pats was pretty lame too.

To be fair, Osweiler didn't get first team reps either, he was thrown in mid-season.

While I expect a full training camp, and more time will help some, I'm not convinced that there will be some quantum leap from Tyrod this season. i hope I'm wrong.

Im gonna say this and then stay out of it

WHen you are a QB and you KNOW that you have a defense that is gonna get you the ball back.....you take more chances with the ball....as evidenced is Osweiler's more interceptions in less games then TT

They are different offense.....I do hope that Roman gives TT more authority this year because we need to see if TT can just take over when our running game is not working.

Im gonna say this and then stay out of it

WHen you are a QB and you KNOW that you have a defense that is gonna get you the ball back.....you take more chances with the ball....as evidenced is Osweiler's more interceptions in less games then TT

They are different offense.....I do hope that Roman gives TT more authority this year because we need to see if TT can just take over when our running game is not working.

I like Tyrod, and I think they can win with him.

I really only stepped in to mention that Osweiler didn't get first team reps, and was thrown in mid-season, because it's true, but I didn't see any mention of it. I think Tyrod would have done as well or better than Osweiler, if he were in Denver last season.

Edited by HoF Watkins