Rex Ryan: I won't be shocked if Ed Reed is HC in 5 years

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-football/25533802/rex-ryan-i-wont-be-shocked-if-ed-reed-is-a-head-coach-in-5-years

"When we had him his last year with the Jets, he was the pied piper," Ryan said last week,per ESPN. "They all followed him and they all learned the game. And that's why I know this guy's going to be a great coach.

"I would not be shocked if Ed Reed ends up being a head coach within five years. That's how quick this dude's going to rise. Teaching guys how to study tape, how to get things, playing the game."

I guess Rex will need to look for a replacement coach soon ...

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The dude is arguably the greatest safety of all time and one of the most cerebral defensive players in league history, why would anyone doubt he could be a great coach one day?

Wasn't it like last week that we read an article that harbaugh was an excellent coach for actually being able to connect with the guy?

I'll buy that secondary players would run through a wall to impress him but not sure we have seen him show that he can lead a team

A lot of people seem to be pretty gloomy over the Bills 2016 prospects and Rex Ryan. I mean, I get the reasons why but I see an offense essentially returning all their offensive players entering into their 2nd year of much needed continuity. Not sure how anyone could at least not recognize the possibilities of our offense breaking into the top 10 this year. The defense lost some key depth and a couple good starters, but those starters really under performed not just at the levels that we expected them to play but arguably below starting caliber NFL levels. All of a sudden Rex Ryan has been relegated from a defensive "genius" to an also-ran. Seems a bit bipolar to me. We may have a bad year, but I'm not nearly as bearish on the team as many on the board.

It only matters whether the Bills' players do or not. Anyone else....Who cares.

Do you think it's a good thing for the players to take what he says seriously? I do not.

The first couple years he coached the Jets, I would have thought differently. This many years later, however, it's clear that he was talking as much pure crap back then, that he is now.

Do you think it's a good thing for the players to take what he says seriously? I do not.

The first couple years he coached the Jets, I would have thought differently. This many years later, however, it's clear that he was talking as much pure crap back then, that he is now.

I guess your sentiment comes from his public persona. For the most part I do not care about that while you (along with many others) obviously do. Based on what the majority of players and coaches for that matter say about Rex and his dealings with them, my feeling is yes.

Edited by 26CornerBlitz