Preston Brown: "I Need to Take Charge in 2016"

I am almost certain I heard on this forum that poor wittle Pweston Bwown was emasculated in public, unnecessarily, by Rex Ryan, and this would have a disastrous impact on an impressionable young player.

Sounds like it was exactly the message Preston needed to hear.

some really to that to heart didn't they?

Still need an ILB that can handle coverage while Preston does the play calling and run thumping.

111 percent agreed.

He does get sideline quick enough and can play short coverage if need be. But this is where we go in the draft i hope

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Really good to hear from Preston. I think he is a proud kid and will back up those words.

Let's face it, this defense was really hurt by the loss of Aaron Williams and Kyle Williams. Not only are they excellent players, but

they were THE two leaders on the defense. When they went down, by default (due to age, money, ability) Mario and Dareus

were the defacto leaders. And neither of them are fire you up, vocal leaders. And once they decided the coaches were wrong,

and no one else felt they could speak up to them, the defense was doomed.

This doesn't forgive Rex for other things, trying to mix systems, assuming the players would just buy in, communication issues (both

with players and with getting calls in on time), etc. but, the leadership issue really hurt the team badly. Dareus eventually came around

and by the end of the season, Manny and Corey took over the leadership role as best they could. But if Kyle had been around all year,

he wouldn't have accepted Mario loafing and he would have kept Dareus in line. If Aaron was around, the backfield communication would

have been much better. I don't think you can underestimate how losing those two specific players hurt the D.

If Aaron and Kyle are back and then Preston steps up, we'd have a leader at each level of the defense, and the cancer is gone, and everyone

now has a year in the system, and Rex and the coaches know the players better, and you add Blake, Rob, and Ed to the coaching staff,

(I think these are all good additions no matter what others may say), I really think this defense will rebound next season.

Yes, last year was disappointing and frustrating, but let's give Rex some support. I really think he'll turn it around this year.

Really good to hear from Preston. I think he is a proud kid and will back up those words.

Let's face it, this defense was really hurt by the loss of Aaron Williams and Kyle Williams. Not only are they excellent players, but

they were THE two leaders on the defense. When they went down, by default (due to age, money, ability) Mario and Dareus

were the defacto leaders. And neither of them are fire you up, vocal leaders. And once they decided the coaches were wrong,

This doesn't forgive Rex for other things, trying to mix systems, assuming the players would just buy in, communication issues (both

with players and with getting calls in on time), etc. but, the leadership issue really hurt the team badly. Dareus eventually came around

and by the end of the season, Manny and Corey took over the leadership role as best they could. But if Kyle had been around all year,

he wouldn't have accepted Mario loafing and he would have kept Dareus in line. If Aaron was around, the backfield communication would

have been much better. I don't think you can underestimate how losing those two specific players hurt the D.

If Aaron and Kyle are back and then Preston steps up, we'd have a leader at each level of the defense, and the cancer is gone, and everyone

now has a year in the system, and Rex and the coaches know the players better, and you add Blake, Rob, and Ed to the coaching staff,

(I think these are all good additions no matter what others may say), I really think this defense will rebound next season.

Yes, last year was disappointing and frustrating, but let's give Rex some support. I really think he'll turn it around this year.

You I like.

That seems to be the obvious choice. A slight implication, though, that there were others. Who are the "older" guys?

Mario

KW

Graham

Leodis

Manny

Am I missing any?

The dude is a second year player and was 22 --- they are all older guys.

Yeah. Exactly.

Nothing like the heroes who spend their time on a message board in March, the height of whose intelligence and rhetorical clout relies on "not until I see for myself."

IT'S MARCH.

Some BS knows no season....Big Cat.

Very eloquent and reasonable post !

Me to....and would not be surpised if this was exactly how it went down.

It also explains why.....even though the meatball might not be a ideal scheme fit.....he is STILL a bill.

It is how i have viewed it in general. In hindsight of course.

And Kyle?

Yes, a Bill.

Talent was never an issue.

See 2014 defense.

The issue was forcing a change on defense that wasn't necessary and didn't fit to the talent available.

It was forced

But I am not sure that it does not fit talent available......only that more thought should have been given to the transition after we lost 2 leaders on the field.

Yes, but my point has been all along the defense was struggling before the injuries took their toll.

The strength of the defense(the front four) was a non factor under the new defensive system.

This also could have been a situation where

It took some time to gel

then

Injuries hit slowing it down

I am left with that lasting memory of our team obliterating the jets

with the jets having everything to play for

our team having nothing to play for....hell it actually hurt our draft selection

and our D....injuries and all.....looking pretty darn good.

Its one game.....but perhaps something to take into next season?

It was Mario and the dim bulb Leodis. It is a classic situation where someone says (Preston) that it was a bunch of guys when they really mean it was one or two. Good riddance!

Edited by BuffaloMatt

That seems to be the obvious choice. A slight implication, though, that there were others. Who are the "older" guys?

Mario

KW

Graham

Leodis

Manny

Am I missing any?

graham, mario, kyle williams and leodis would be my bets. along with bradham.

one of those names is not like the others. There is only one answer from simple observation.

i would be sure, and bet a lot of money, that it wasn't just 1 player