Ongoing MMA Thread

Jones should be the favorite if it happens. I don't have the quote but Jones basically said if he fights at HW he wants it to be a super-fight against a big name; also noting that he has no interest in fighting someone like Stipe who is still relatively unknown. Basically he wants to get a bigger payday and I also think he wouldn't call out a HW unless he is pretty confident that he can win.

Jones will beat Lesnar. Lesnar can't take a punch and he won't be able to take Jones down.

Lesnar isn't fighting, isn't clear from his suspension, couldn't pass another test, was woefully unprepared for last fight, not happening.

Jones should be the favorite if it happens. I don't have the quote but Jones basically said if he fights at HW he wants it to be a super-fight against a big name; also noting that he has no interest in fighting someone like Stipe who is still relatively unknown. Basically he wants to get a bigger payday and I also think he wouldn't call out a HW unless he is pretty confident that he can win.

Jones needs to stay straight for awhile before asking for a money grab. The last thing he needs is a ton of money that he can get in trouble with.

@Sportsnet

.@arielhelwani joins @timandsid to discuss if the UFC and Dana White dropped the ball with Daniel Cormier. http://sprtsnt.ca/2tXsaiQ

They totally did. I felt bad for DC, I'm a fan of his but knew he had a tough challenge ahead of him fighting Jones. I thought he was going to pull it off, he had a really nice second round.

He had no clue what was going on. It's like the media interviewing a football player after suffering a concussion only minutes before the interview.

• 3 weeks later...

Lesnar isn't fighting, isn't clear from his suspension, couldn't pass another test, was woefully unprepared for last fight, not happening.

Jones needs to stay straight for awhile before asking for a money grab. The last thing he needs is a ton of money that he can get in trouble with.

I spoke to soon.

Just saw that Jon "dumbs" Jones got busted again, idiot.

• 7 months later...

Conor McGregor Surrenders to Police in New York After Bus Attack
Conor McGregor just surrendered to authorities in connection with the bus attack at Barclays Center.

tmz.com
http://www.sherdog.com/news/news/Update-Conor-McGregor-Crashes-UFC-223-Media-Day-Three-Fights-Canned-134639

I have been a big McGregor fan but his behavior of late has been appalling, and as a Irishman I am embarrassed at how he is acting.