Ongoing MMA Thread

Weidman fan, but he was getting his ass kicked and after those knees he looked liked he didn't know where he was. That bad call, imo, was good for him.

I had floor seats. The guy has young children, crowd booed, but I believe it was the best decision. Overall awesome night.

Met Tyrod, he was not in a good mood, guy was kind of a jerk, but he was probably getting mobbed all night. Richie is awesome, super friendly. Had a brief talk with Dareus, he said he feels great for this upcoming season and he feels horrible for missing so many games fwiw. Eric Wood was a cool guy to talk to as well.

Thurman was there too but never got to speak with him.

knew TT was a jerk, cut him !! :D

Weidman was fine and could have easily continued he was just milking the clock to get some recovery time. He could have kept on fighting even if the ref didn't stop the fight and then for the Dr. to call the fight was egregious.

Weidman was fine and could have easily continued he was just milking the clock to get some recovery time. He could have kept on fighting even if the ref didn't stop the fight and then for the Dr. to call the fight was egregious.

I've seen multiple accounts that weidman told the doctors he couldn't continue before the knees were rules legal. once they were rules legal he wanted to continue. speculation is that he was trying to get a victory the easy way. He looked out of to me though and I have no problem with the decision.

info on Des?

On a flight and wifi very slow, but the BNEWS did an article on him couple days ago. Rochester kid, very good wrestler at UB, and the dude was just awesome in the interview with Howard and Jeremy. Should be able to find in on demand

I know joking, but we met TT at the Marriot last year before the Miami game. Guy could not have been nicer, spent like 5 minutes taking pictures with all the kids, than another with my wife when he founad out she was a Hokie too. Spent another 5 chatting to her about Tech.

I've seen multiple accounts that weidman told the doctors he couldn't continue before the knees were rules legal. once they were rules legal he wanted to continue. speculation is that he was trying to get a victory the easy way. He looked out of to me though and I have no problem with the decision.

it should be a no contest with all the reffing errors

it should be a no contest with all the reffing errors

I have a feeling Weidman will protest and it will be moved to a NC. Replay is not allowed in NYS so they should not have used it to determine the knees were legal. Either way I'm sure we will see the rematch soon.

The stuff I'm hearing about Weidman is pretty annoying. Sounding like he wanted an easy way out then threw a fit when they said it was legal. Gegard just got a new fan.

Was watching some UFC show, apparently Weidman didn't know what the date was. I'm so confused, either this guy had a concussion or was faking it.

It could be both. He looked like he was trying to get his hands down which would have made the knees illegal. Then it looked like those knees knocked him silly.

It could be both. He looked like he was trying to get his hands down which would have made the knees illegal. Then it looked like those knees knocked him silly.

they need to get rid of the rule all together and allow knees and kicks to the head of grounded opponents. Pride had these rules for years and it was just as safe as any other strike on the ground. a Strike is a strike regardless if it coming from a fist and elbow or foot and knee. Also the 90 degree angle elbow rule needs to go, so stupid.

they need to get rid of the rule all together and allow knees and kicks to the head of grounded opponents. Pride had these rules for years and it was just as safe as any other strike on the ground. a Strike is a strike regardless if it coming from a fist and elbow or foot and knee. Also the 90 degree angle elbow rule needs to go, so stupid.

The 90 degree angle rule prevents breaking skulls. Getting rid of it would be the dumbest thing they could do.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

"At long last, Floyd Mayweather and Conor McGregor have finalized a deal for a mega-fight, according to Yahoo's Kevin Iole.

According to Iole, terms are not yet know, but the fight is set to take place at the MGM Grand Garden or T-Mobile Arena in Las Vegas on August 26.

Mayweather is expected to make the announcement as early as Wednesday, according to Iole."

http://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/mma/the-floyd-mayweather-conor-mcgregor-mega-fight-has-reportedly-been-finalized/ar-BBCGmml?OCID=ansmsnnews11

• 1 month later...

Awesome show, minus Woodley. Guess you can't blame a guy for wanting to hold onto his title.

Lawler looked great and Evinger is tough as nails. I actually thought DC was maybe on his way to finally getting a W over Jones, but nope. That was impressive.

Awesome show, minus Woodley. Guess you can't blame a guy for wanting to hold onto his title.

Lawler looked great and Evinger is tough as nails. I actually thought DC was maybe on his way to finally getting a W over Jones, but nope. That was impressive.

Woodley fought that fight the way he had to. Maia has no real standup game to speak of and Woodley would have been stupid to fight Maia's fight. These single discipline BJJ fighters are terrible to watch. Royce Gracie was friggin' almost 25 years ago. The sport has evolved.

The UFC really screwed up not making the Cerrone/Lawler fight at least a co-main event so it could be five rounds. The judges could have picked Cerrone as the winner and I wouldn't have disputed that either. That was close.

Cyborg is a man.

Great fights all around, Woodley fight was boring, felt like sparring.

Cormier was winning the entire fight until the kick.

Jones is a great fighter but he didn't look as dominate and may have hard time with Oezdemier.

Woodley fought that fight the way he had to. Maia has no real standup game to speak of and Woodley would have been stupid to fight Maia's fight. These single discipline BJJ fighters are terrible to watch. Royce Gracie was friggin' almost 25 years ago. The sport has evolved.The UFC really screwed up not making the Cerrone/Lawler fight at least a co-main event so it could be five rounds. The judges could have picked Cerrone as the winner and I wouldn't have disputed that either. That was close.Cyborg is a man.

Cyborg is much less manly than she used to be, clearly off the roids.