NFL Rule Changes Coming in 2016

Finally, the catch rule won't change, either, which was expected. But the public education of the catch rule & how its officiated continues

Oh yeah, that's what we need more edumacation. That's seriously !@#$ed up.

If they are adding grabbing the name on the jersey and pulling down, that rule just got more ridiculous. Leave it alone--you put your hand inside the collar and pull, you get a flag. Everything else is ok. Simple.

Think of the children.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

what was that rule they were calling the peyton manning rule they were going to consider?

@viccarucci

#NFL wants to move ball spot after touchback from 20- to 25-yard line.

ridiculous. anything to make it easier for the offense, i reckon

@viccarucci
#Bills proposing that a coach can challenge any officiating call outside of scoring plays & turnovers.

Frankly I'm not sure the Champlain can keep up with this. He will need a co-Champlain.

why am i brain farting this reference? i remember something to do with advising rex on a play?

what was that rule they were calling the peyton manning rule they were going to consider?

ridiculous. anything to make it easier for the offense, i reckon

why am i brain farting this reference? i remember something to do with advising rex on a play?

oh and it's chaplain not Champlain. I'm March madness drinking and thinking of this guy Steve Champlain who used to work for the colts. Maybe he still does.

Anyway - that game where Rex didn't challenge a couple poorly called plays because he couldn't see them (KC) there was film of some random guy on the sideline signaling him not to challenge on one of them. He was later identified as James Trapp, team Chaplain.

oh and it's chaplain not Champlain. I'm March madness drinking and thinking of this guy Steve Champlain who used to work for the colts. Maybe he still does.

Anyway - that game where Rex didn't challenge a couple poorly called plays because he couldn't see them (KC) there was film of some random guy on the sideline signaling him not to challenge on one of them. He was later identified as James Trapp, team Chaplain.

thats right. thank you.

@PFWeekly

Let's be honest, these are the rule changes we wanted each team to propose: http://shawurl.com/2h8f

Cd1sCkSWAAEUt_w.jpg

AFC East

Buffalo: Snacks. More g**-**** snacks.

Miami: Allow for an offseason championship banner ceremony.

New England: Roger Goodell placed in stockades during each home game.

Jets: Mulligans are allowed in Week 17.

@viccarucci

#NFL wants to move ball spot after touchback from 20- to 25-yard line.

I thought the whole point of moving the kick off line up a few years ago was to reduce the # of kick returns and hence the # of injuries on kick returns.

Now they create incentive for teams to kick it right to or just short of the goal line to force a return?

Brilliant!!

I thought the whole point of moving the kick off line up a few years ago was to reduce the # of kick returns and hence the # of injuries on kick returns.

Now they create incentive for teams to kick it right to or just short of the goal line to force a return?

Brilliant!!

Their theory is it'll incentivize kneeling. In college the stats back that but I suspect NFL kickers have a little more control. They know more than I though, as they study it deeply and I'm just using my gut.