Bradham to Eagles

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe they don't have a DE need and have a lot of salary tied up on the D-line already. Maybe.

And they just paid a Mediorce at best qb a lot of money and have Fletcher Cox coming up. Some folks are really reaching. I'm sure Schwartz hates a guy who was a 2nd team all pro DE in his system. He is probably disgusted by that thought. :)

And I'm disgusted that I'm agreeing with you. I need a shower, I feel dirty.

When Rex get fired this year will be looking to add more quality lb's again

I really hope Rex succeeds but I do hate the idea of drafting/ getting players to fit systems. Because if you switch again, then you have to find new players. It's a bad cycle.

IMO, with our defensive talent, you should make our system fit them not the other way around.

Eagles DE ($12.827M):

http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/philadelphia-eagles/positional/defensive-end/

DE Spending by team (Dolphins now lead the pack with $23.816M:

http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/positional/defensive-end/

DE isn't the only position on the line. Fletcher Cox is about to get paid too.

Try again.

Edited by FireChan

DE isn't the only position on the line. Fletcher Cox is about to get paid too.

Try again.

Whatever.

If defensive genius Jim Schwartz really wanted Mario, they would have at least brought him in.

Instead, Mario is taking whatever is left of his talents to South Beach.

In the meantime, the Rex haters can continue to claim that:

(1) Rex ruined the defense;

(2) Jim Schwartz never had Mario drop into coverage;

(3) It is all Rex's fault that the highest paid football player in Buffalo Bills history decided to take the year off.

Whatever.

If defensive genius Jim Schwartz really wanted Mario, they would have at least brought him in.

(3) It is all Rex's fault that the highest paid football player in Buffalo Bills history decided to take the year off.

Peter, you're reaching on this one. We have no idea what the Eagles discussed.

Whatever.

I can't believe the defense of this !@#$ing quiter on this board. !@#$ him, and the next ex teammate that I hear saying anything positive about him will be the first

Whatever.

It's hilarious how small-minded you act while trying to "disprove" the haters. Enjoy pushing the opposite narrative without noticing the irony.

It's hilarious how small-minded you act while trying to "disprove" the haters. Enjoy pushing the opposite narrative without noticing the irony.

I would not even bother but for the fact that the Rex Haters seem to be the "loudest" on this board. It is funny how you guys continue to defend Mario.

As an aside, I was once as big of a defender of Mario (and St. Doug for that matter) as one could be. Both those guys are quitters and we are better off without them.

On the other hand, Rex and his family have embraced Buffalo . . . and yet, there are those who want to run him out of town . . . and after one year at that.

I would not even bother but for the fact that the Rex Haters seem to be the "loudest" on this board. It is funny how you guys continue to defend Mario.

As an aside, I was once as big of a defender of Mario (and St. Doug for that matter) as one could be. Both those guys are quitters and we are better off without them.

On the other hand, Rex and his family have embraced Buffalo . . . and yet, there are those who want to run him out of town . . . and after one year at that.

Like I said, not noticing the irony. You think Rex haters are loud and repeat the same stuff over and over and it's annoying. So what do you do? The exact same thing. :lol:

I don't give a crap if our coach "embraces Buffalo." That's not what he's paid to do. How many guys would "embrace" the town if they were given $25M?

Acting as though it's strange that folks are upset that the football coach, who was hired to win football games, failed to accomplish anything of note is crazy. Especially when your defense is "he loves chicken wings and goes to Sabres games!"

Like I said, not noticing the irony. You think Rex haters are loud and repeat the same stuff over and over and it's annoying. So what do you do? The exact same thing. :lol:

I don't give a crap if our coach "embraces Buffalo." That's not what he's paid to do. How many guys would "embrace" the town if they were given $25M?

Acting as though it's strange that folks are upset that the football coach, who was hired to win football games, failed to accomplish anything of note is crazy. Especially when your defense is "he loves chicken wings and goes to Sabres games!"

You are very funny.

Please compare how many posts I have written on the subject to:

How many you and the other Rex Haters have written.

And they just paid a Mediorce at best qb a lot of money and have Fletcher Cox coming up. Some folks are really reaching. I'm sure Schwartz hates a guy who was a 2nd team all pro DE in his system. He is probably disgusted by that thought. :)

and they then signed a backup QB to more than some starting QBs are getting.

Chase Daniel (Eagles): C+
Expensive square peg in square hole is simple enough. Daniel's signing may end up as far less important than Brooks' in the long run, but it's more interesting to talk about. It seemed like the Eagles were moving on from their reported interest in Daniel after they re-signed Sam Bradford last week, but the $22 million Philly guaranteed to Bradford didn't dissuade them from bringing in Pederson's former backup quarterback in Kansas City. Daniel received a three-year, $21-million deal with $12 million fully guaranteed to follow Pederson to the City of Brotherly Love.
Daniel is getting paid more than your typical backup quarterback -- even your upper-echelon backups like Mark Sanchez are usually getting no more than $6 million per year, with just one year fully guaranteed. (In related news, expect Sanchez, now a third-stringer, to be cut in the near future.) That's a hint as to how Pederson and the Eagles value Daniel. While we don't know the specific structure of Daniel's deal, the length, the guarantee and the incentives (which would make the deal worth up to $36 million) all suggest that the Eagles wanted to add some built-in value if Daniel does emerge as the starter. (Daniel's last deal in Kansas City voided if he received regular playing time.) It's likely that the Eagles will begin the season with Bradford as their starter, but they're preparing for an injury or a disappointing performance with a higher-upside option than Sanchez. We still have no idea if Daniel is any good, which is why this grade isn't higher, but it's a fascinatingly aggressive move by a front office that is having a very sound week.

I had high hopes for Nigel when he was drafted. But he seems stiff as an athlete and seems to struggle with some of the mental aspects of the position. He's a thumper who is best in a 4-3 scheme where he can run downhill and hit things. Should we have stuck with that kind of defense? Perhaps... but I'm not sure. I'm excited to see what Rex's defense will look like with athletic, fast, intelligent linebackers.

And the fact that Bradham only got a 2-year deal suggests his value wasn't exactly soaring...