Trade: LB Alonso & CB Maxwell to Dolphins from Eagles

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Kiko had a heck of a lot of success in this defense under Pettine. If he's cheap then why not? He's better than anyone else we have

Did you watch him play last year? He was awful...Eagles couldn't get rid of him fast enough

would you really....based on his play last year or 1st half of his rookie season? He's not as good as everyone here thinks........

I don't think he's as good as everyone thinks either but we're pretty desperate for LB's. I think it's worth the draft pick for the chance he stays healthy and can make a bunch of tackles. We are in a position where chance taking has to be part of our strategy.

I don't think he's as good as everyone thinks either but we're pretty desperate for LB's. I think it's worth the draft pick for the chance he stays healthy and can make a bunch of tackles. We are in a position where chance taking has to be part of our strategy.

agree but why don't we try for someone better? 6th round pick could do that...Everyone here likes Powell and he was a 7th rounder

I wonder if the Eagles probably preferred to a deal for Kiko with a team other than the Bills so as not to highlight last year's trade.

or the Bills did not want him

I wonder if the Eagles probably preferred to a deal for Kiko with a team other than the Bills so as not to highlight last year's trade.

The Bills didn't hesitate to give him up before last season and a was just plain awful in Philly. No good reasoning to bring him back.

agree but why don't we try for someone better? 6th round pick could do that...Everyone here likes Powell and he was a 7th rounder

or the Bills did not want him

Sounds like the trade is complete but I'll answer your question. Trying for someone better is great but Kiko is still on his rookie deal with a cap hit of 990K and change - so he fits with our salary cap - and like I said you're taking a chance that he can produce a lot of tackles. Who do you think is better for under a million for one season, Powell? Powell is fine but we need 2 LB's so I'm not sure why I have to only pick him.

Edited by Triple Threat

So let me get this straight. Fins get two average or worse players with injury history, one with an absurd contract and one who is an FA after the season, and for that they got worse in one of the deepest defensive line drafts in years. To make up for it, they signed an expensive, underachieving, aging mopey DE and kept an expensive, injured, aging DE ahead of one of the deepest defensive line drafts in years.

K

So let me get this straight. Fins get two average or worse players with injury history, one with an absurd contract and one who is an FA after the season, and for that they got worse in one of the deepest defensive line drafts in years. To make up for it, they signed an expensive, underachieving, aging mopey DE and kept an expensive, injured, aging DE ahead of one of the deepest defensive line drafts in years.

K

there is a lot to question about their recent moves. I do think that Williams will have a good season though.

Sounds like the trade is complete but I'll answer your question. Trying for someone better is great but Kiko is still on his rookie deal with a cap hit of 990K and change - so he fits with our salary cap - and like I said you're taking a chance that he can produce a lot of tackles. Who do you think is better for under a million for one season, Powell? Powell is fine but we need 2 LB's so I'm not sure why I have to only pick him.

Alonso was one of the worst rated LB in all of football last year. Why is he worth any risk at all? Set the bar a bit higher please.

K

Yeah, I am entirety ok with this.

They also converted 25 million into a signing bonus for another underperforming player, so that they take cap hits of 19, 26 and 28 million the next three years.

Also ok.

there is a lot to question about their recent moves. I do think that Williams will have a good season though.

Alonso was one of the worst rated LB in all of football last year. Why is he worth any risk at all? Set the bar a bit higher please.

Um maybe because of his first season? Set the bar higher? Ok with what money?

Um maybe because of his first season? Set the bar higher? Ok with what money?

His first season was basically, a great start to the season, tailed off significantly later in the season, missed a season and was horrible last season. You can set the bar higher by going after anyone that wasn't rated as poorly as he was and with the same money he is getting. Better chances going through the draft to raise the bar. And we have money if need be.