Bills' 2016 Season Ticket Sales Already Over 52K

Fixed.

Can't believe there hasn't been one mention of the impact of the burgeoning WNY economy. The fact is that Buffalo is reinventing itself and growing fast. Millennials have flocked to the city and decaying neighborhoods are now vibrant. The development of the waterfront has brought thousands of new jobs to the city.

Furthermore, the Canadian dollar has tanked. It was estimated that 20% of the game day crowd was from our neighbors to the North. One would have to guess that many of them have opted out due to a .70 exchange rate, so WNYers are picking up the slack and then some.

Remember when we thought the team would move after Ralph's passing? One of the arguments given, since the days of Bob Lanier, was always that "there just aren't enough people in WNY that can afford the tickets. That worm has turned.

Come on up for the rising.

Now it's my favorite!

Newly crowned:

12821478_477968909072648_256607072284966

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

they are waiting on the current Season Ticket Member Relocation/Upgrade Process

Your relocation date and time are based on your seniority.

​i'm a member since 1986 and my call in date is 3/15/16........so they should be done with everyone by 4/1/16.

TOP SECRET INSIDER INFO JUST FOR TBD's....in the lower bowl....the "odd" number rows have 3-4 inches MORE knee/leg room

I'm row 26 sec 107, go figure! Plus we have no cup holders on the seats in front from the aisle halfway down to sec 108

​i'm a member since 1986 and my call in date is 3/15/16........so they should be done with everyone by 4/1/16.

TOP SECRET INSIDER INFO JUST FOR TBD's....in the lower bowl....the "odd" number rows have 3-4 inches MORE knee/leg room

I'm row 26 sec 107, go figure! Plus we have no cup holders on the seats in front from the aisle halfway down to sec 108

It's possible to have both. You can be economically distressed while still having a burgeoning sector. And the Pegulas are the engine for much of the development at the foot of Main. In fact Buffalo is a great investment right now if you have the money and the patience. Buy low!

Actually we have been looking for about a year now. Not full time mind you. But if its reasonable? it needs a couple hundred K+ dropped into it. Someone last year ranked Buffalo along with traditional over priced markets like SF, DC, NYC, parts of Florida as overpriced.And poor value. Jobs jobs, jobs. These prices IMO cannot sustain the overpricing. Whether its residential or commercial.

Obviously a bad row to sit in, causes stuttering :nana: .

So I decided to get season tix today (haven't had them since 2013 and before). I never took advantage of the "secondary market" before. Do you guys have any preferred method for selling games that you can't attend?

Looks like TicketExchange is the "authorized" dealer by NFL but what about StubHub, etc? I'll probably get to 4 games this year so I'm wondering if anyone has any thoughts on ways to maximize re-sale so I can build up a credit in my account for next year.

Our group uses the NFL ticket exchange mostly and that works pretty well/OK. Have used stubhub a little, more cumbersom if you have to mail tickets etc, find the UPS store, get the printed label on it etc. We have also used VIP Seats, a local outfit...they just moved downtown from Williamsville however, and are , for us, inconvient now. We have four tickets.....and we sometimes sell all four....somtimes sell 2....sometimes buy some, depending who is attending and who is in town. It works pretty well, although, with the new TV policy showing non sold out games locally...we have seen a drop in demand for the sales of our tickets. So, tips......list early...keep on top of the prices for the game you are selling, and drop the price to match the lower end of the range of the section you are in........we have done well...we always sell all four to one premium game to shave the cost of our season tickets...and we get 2 1/2 to 3 times face for that game. But, we attend otherwise whenever we can. Buying extra tickets is also great on the NFL ticket exchange.....I have been able to get additional tickets VERY close to our seats when we need them....when Carolina came to town a couple of years ago, I bought four additional seats only a few seats from ours. OK, other tips...late sales are unlikely, so have a use at the last minute plan as well, even if you have to give them away. Watch out for preseason games....interest is relatively low, usually, and the Bills force the NFL ticket exchange to maintain a minimum price on that forum. Last year ,the Bills were discounting preseason tickets to a level below the minimum allowed on the NFL ticket exchange. (usually 90% of face about) Good games to sell: Pats, Steelers, Packers maybe Dolphins.....bad games to sell:Jets, Browns...other bad teams.........We tried to sell the opener last year...but attended in stead as we did not get our (outrageous) price.

Our group uses the NFL ticket exchange mostly and that works pretty well/OK. Have used stubhub a little, more cumbersom if you have to mail tickets etc, find the UPS store, get the printed label on it etc. We have also used VIP Seats, a local outfit...they just moved downtown from Williamsville however, and are , for us, inconvient now. We have four tickets.....and we sometimes sell all four....somtimes sell 2....sometimes buy some, depending who is attending and who is in town. It works pretty well, although, with the new TV policy showing non sold out games locally...we have seen a drop in demand for the sales of our tickets. So, tips......list early...keep on top of the prices for the game you are selling, and drop the price to match the lower end of the range of the section you are in........we have done well...we always sell all four to one premium game to shave the cost of our season tickets...and we get 2 1/2 to 3 times face for that game. But, we attend otherwise whenever we can. Buying extra tickets is also great on the NFL ticket exchange.....I have been able to get additional tickets VERY close to our seats when we need them....when Carolina came to town a couple of years ago, I bought four additional seats only a few seats from ours. OK, other tips...late sales are unlikely, so have a use at the last minute plan as well, even if you have to give them away. Watch out for preseason games....interest is relatively low, usually, and the Bills force the NFL ticket exchange to maintain a minimum price on that forum. Last year ,the Bills were discounting preseason tickets to a level below the minimum allowed on the NFL ticket exchange. (usually 90% of face about) Good games to sell: Pats, Steelers, Packers maybe Dolphins.....bad games to sell:Jets, Browns...other bad teams.........We tried to sell the opener last year...but attended in stead as we did not get our (outrageous) price.

You can list with VIP Tickets just like it's stubhub? I've seen that guy in the paper and wasn't sure how it worked.

Great advice. Thanks much.

You can list with VIP Tickets just like it's stubhub? I've seen that guy in the paper and wasn't sure how it worked.

We have only done cash in person deals with VIP seats...delivery tickets, they buy when they want to. ARrive with cash, walk away with tickets. I have done both. The moved from Originally on Transit, to many years in williamsville, and now downtown. Good folks.....a local operation. don't know if they have a web site.

We have only done cash in person deals with VIP seats...delivery tickets, they buy when they want to. ARrive with cash, walk away with tickets. I have done both. The moved from Originally on Transit, to many years in williamsville, and now downtown. Good folks.....a local operation. don't know if they have a web site.

I liked the things he had to say in the paper. He's been featured a few times.

So, it sounds like you don't actually list the tickets like on stubhub - you make a deal with VIP - and then they sell the tickets?

So I decided to get season tix today (haven't had them since 2013 and before). I never took advantage of the "secondary market" before. Do you guys have any preferred method for selling games that you can't attend?

Looks like TicketExchange is the "authorized" dealer by NFL but what about StubHub, etc? I'll probably get to 4 games this year so I'm wondering if anyone has any thoughts on ways to maximize re-sale so I can build up a credit in my account for next year.

Thanks

NFL ticket exchange BY FAR is the best...... you and the seller are 100% protected. eliminates fraudulent tix. brand new tix are issued to buyer with unique bar codes. guaranteed, multiple payment options for seller. tools to see recent sales to help with pricing....no ticket delivery headaches......etc....

only one negative issue on occasion with NFL Ticket Exchange.......there is a minimum floor set for your listing price. example: if late in the season you try to sell a December game at the last minute, the lowest you are allowed to list your $100 ticket might be $80 (where on stub hub, that same ticket might be listed for $30). you can list on either.

NFL ticket exchange BY FAR is the best...... you and the seller are 100% protected. eliminates fraudulent tix. brand new tix are issued to buyer with unique bar codes. guaranteed, multiple payment options for seller. tools to see recent sales to help with pricing....no ticket delivery headaches......etc....

only one negative issue on occasion with NFL Ticket Exchange.......there is a minimum floor set for your listing price. example: if late in the season you try to sell a December game at the last minute, the lowest you are allowed to list your $100 ticket might be $80 (where on stub hub, that same ticket might be listed for $30). you can list on either.

Great advice. Thank you.

Also, someone please correct me if I am wrong, I believe there is a difference in the rake NFL ticket exchange will take from the sale vs. StubHub. Something like 10% vs 15%?

i heard that to......i can only talk about the NFL ticket exchange which takes 10% of sellers list price (i'm not even sure if buyers pay a fee or not)

I used Ticket Exchange primarily last year to sell some of my season seats, and liked how the funds would go directly to my Bills account to fund the next years seats.

The one major benefit that most pass-holders should be aware of is since a new bar-code/ticket is issued you are not responsible for the person sitting in your seats. When you sell through Stubhub other channels - you could face issues if that person is ejected while in possession of your tickets.

I used Ticket Exchange primarily last year to sell some of my season seats, and liked how the funds would go directly to my Bills account to fund the next years seats.

The one major benefit that most pass-holders should be aware of is since a new bar-code/ticket is issued you are not responsible for the person sitting in your seats. When you sell through Stubhub other channels - you could face issues if that person is ejected while in possession of your tickets.

very true

StubHub is gr8... I bought two tix to Bills-Jets Snovember game... I got full refund. Was only gonna be my son and I... When the game was switched to Detroit, I used the two refunded tix and two of my Brother's season tix to get all four of us (wife & daughter) into the game... Trying to get the free one's online was a pain.

StubHub, refunded right away and the E-tix had were sti honored.

I suppose they may have just let anybody in free... But they did scan all tix upon entry...

FWIW...

• 2 weeks later...

@mikerodak

WNY reporters wrapped up a 25-minute chat with Bills prez Russ Brandon. Team at 53,500 season tickets, 91% renewal rate.

Russ Brandon says the Bills season-ticket waiting list has 1,300 names. Bills have sold 53,500 season tickets.

Edited by YoloinOhio