General election odds

Asking questions that have already been answered, and denying they've been answered because you're so special that nothing counts unless it's stated directly at you. You're a !@#$ing idiot.

And you are angry and frustrated

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gee, add in the word "white" and you just described the Democratic Presidential Candidates.

What? You think the Dems are angrier than the Republican candidates? Seriously?

Come to think of it, Sanders is kind of grumpy :)

Edited by gatorman

Trump is no Romney. When Romney was unfairly attacked for such things as causing a woman to die from cancer, not paying taxes, having a horse and putting a dog in a cage on top of the family station wagon he could have used The Donald as an advisor. Trump can do just about anything and it doesn't stick because he sticks his middle finger at the media and everyone laughs at them first. The thing is, the public is really pissed at the state of our government. They are also appalled at "Happy Holidays" vs. "Merry Christmas" and all of the rest of the political correctness crap jammed down our throats. Trump is resonating to a large segment of our population and it is not limited to one political party. He's piqued the interest of conservatives, republicans, independents, libertarians and democrats that don't aspire to teach at Berkeley. He's caught a bolt of lightning that's not conservative, progressive or anything in between. It's called anti-establishment and the leaders of this country couldn't have done a better job in creating this phenomenon if they planned it.

I agree with this 100%. Like him or not, Trump is resonating with a lot of people of significantly diverse political backgrounds, not just angry republicans.

Gee, add in the word "white" and you just described the Democratic Presidential Candidates.

:lol:

I agree with this 100%. Like him or not, Trump is resonating with a lot of people of significantly diverse political backgrounds, not just angry republicans.

:lol:

The tremendous turnout that the GOP primaries are getting is very telling. Who is bringing the voters out? Well, it isn't Carson or Kasich (my favorite) and generally speaking Trump is beating both Rubio and Cruz combined. What or who is the cause?

Edited by 3rdnlng

And he is going to build a wall!

And round up 11 million people!

And limit press freedoms!

And get the backing of the kkk!

I would like to see him get elected just to see if he goes forward with the wall idea... And when the idea goes nowhere, does it make him just another politician? Swallowed up by Washington.

This is one of these rare elections that I wouldn't care who wins... The theater would be great in itself!

Edited by ExiledInIllinois

I would like to see him get elected just to see if he goes forward with the wall idea... And when the idea goes nowhere, does it make him just another politician? Swallowed up by Washington.

This is one of these rare elections that I wouldn't care who wins... The theater would be great in itself!

The wall would still be cheaper than anything Obama has attempted.

The wall would still be cheaper than anything Obama has attempted.

That's not the point. You actually think a wall is going up, even seriously talked about.... :lol::lol::lol:

Again, I hope he is elected... Then every day, one can asked: "When's the wall going up Donald?" :lol::lol::lol:

Call me a skeptic, but I have been working for the Fed/DoD for close to 30 years, nothing... I MEAN nothing gets fast tracked.

What a bunch a rubes people are!

The tremendous turnout that the GOP primaries are getting is very telling. Who is bringing the voters out? Well, it isn't Carson or Kasich (my favorite) and generally speaking Trump is beating both Rubio and Cruz combined. What or who is the cause?

I think the increased turn out is unquestionably due to Trump, mostly in support of him. I'm not necessarily saying that I believe that's a good thing, but the Republican party's reaction to his candidacy is illustrative of their disconnect with voters. Things like the formation of super pacs designed to destroy his candidacy and Romney coming out to flame him indicate that they're more interested in maintaining their status quo than they are to respecting their base.

but the Republican party's reaction to his candidacy is illustrative of their disconnect with voters. Things like the formation of super pacs designed to destroy his candidacy and Romney coming out to flame him indicate that they're more interested in maintaining their status quo than they are to respecting their base.

Forget Trump; the fact that Lazio is still in the race or ever was in it, proves all of the above.

They could win, but because they think they know how to win.....they lose.

I think the increased turn out is unquestionably due to Trump, mostly in support of him. I'm not necessarily saying that I believe that's a good thing, but the Republican party's reaction to his candidacy is illustrative of their disconnect with voters. Things like the formation of super pacs designed to destroy his candidacy and Romney coming out to flame him indicate that they're more interested in maintaining their status quo than they are to respecting their base.

Yup, tax cuts for the rich, cutting entitlements and not caring that immigrants are here seeking jobs. Darn establishment

Of course they're more interested in maintaining their status quo. That's the purpose of a political party.

Of course they're more interested in maintaining their status quo. That's the purpose of a political party.

No argument here. It's just so crass when it's this blatantly obvious.

Yup, tax cuts for the rich, cutting entitlements and not caring that immigrants are here seeking jobs. Darn establishment

At least you didn't have to resort to any tired old democrat party talking points.

No argument here. It's just so crass when it's this blatantly obvious.

It's always been blatantly obvious. It's the entire purpose of the two party system.

The system is designed to marginalize anyone outside of the existing power structure, and to protect monied interests.

This is true of both the Republican and Democratic Parties. Look at what's been happening in regards to the delegate count between Sanders and Clinton.

This is a feature, not a flaw.

Please be specific regarding tax cuts for the rich and which entitlements are being cut. No, voters care very much that illegal aliens are here seeking jobs.

It's always been blatantly obvious. It's the entire purpose of the two party system.

The system is designed to marginalize anyone outside of the existing power structure, and to protect monied interests.

This is true of both the Republican and Democratic Parties. Look at what's been happening in regards to the delegate count between Sanders and Clinton.

This is a feature, not a flaw.

I understand, and am not trying to argue. My point is that for a bunch of people who call themselves "the party of Reagan", they've pretty much been anything but that. Now someone like Trump comes along, and (despite that he's really nothing like Reagan himself) these noodle-spined moderates start crying that Trump isn't "conservative enough", and actually mobilize a campaign to defeat their party's front-runner.

I agree with your take on the two major parties and their shared goal of holding onto power at all costs, but the irony the Republicans are displaying in shooting down the person who has done more to mobilize Republican voters in a generation is stunning to me.

I understand, and am not trying to argue. My point is that for a bunch of people who call themselves "the party of Reagan", they've pretty much been anything but that. Now someone like Trump comes along, and (despite that he's really nothing like Reagan himself) these noodle-spined moderates start crying that Trump isn't "conservative enough", and actually mobilize a campaign to defeat their party's front-runner.

I agree with your take on the two major parties and their shared goal of holding onto power at all costs, but the irony the Republicans are displaying in shooting down the person who has done more to mobilize Republican voters in a generation is stunning to me.

It shouldn't be.

Trump's election would destroy the Party, and leave in non-viable politically for the next 20 years if it even managed to survive at all.

It shouldn't be.

Trump's election would destroy the Party, and leave in non-viable politically for the next 20 years if it even managed to survive at all.

To be honest, I think that's likely to happen either way.

It shouldn't be.

I'm not so sure that's a bad thing.

Since the election of GHWB, the republicans have ceased to represent true conservatism.