General election odds

You realize, I hope, that the media is riding Trump to the nomination, where they will then all turn on him to document his fall?

Once he is the lone GOP candidate, we'll hear about Trump University, David Duke, KKK, Mussolini, calling women bimbos, telling female employees how he'd like to see them on their knees, and how he really has no plan beyond a sound bite.

He's being played, and no, he's not smart enough to realize it because he doesn't care about anything but all the free press he is getting.

I am not a Trump supporter unless he wins the republican nomination. The media has been attacking him for some time. It hasn't worked. They attack him and he just flips them off and there's no repercussions, in fact he gains more support. Face it, we may both have to pull a lever for one of Clinton or Trump. I'll hold my nose, but it won't be to vote for Hillary.

Edited by 3rdnlng

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I dont think Trump ever thought he would be where he is now...as someone noted...He will be scared hitless when he gets the nomination.....congratulations Trump supporters and the GOTP....you are electing Hillary.......just as I predicted....and lamented....years ago....

You realize, I hope, that the media is riding Trump to the nomination, where they will then all turn on him to document his fall?

Once he is the lone GOP candidate, we'll hear about Trump University, David Duke, KKK, Mussolini, calling women bimbos, telling female employees how he'd like to see them on their knees, and how he really has no plan beyond a sound bite.

He's being played, and no, he's not smart enough to realize it because he doesn't care about anything but all the free press he is getting.

This is basically what is said in the OP. Trump will fire back, but I don't think it will work. 70 30 odds against. Better than Lazio but not as good as Cruz.

I dont think Trump ever thought he would be where he is now...as someone noted...He will be scared hitless when he gets the nomination.....congratulations Trump supporters and the GOTP....you are electing Hillary.......just as I predicted....and lamented....years ago....

You might want to cross the goal line before spiking the ball.

Edited by 3rdnlng

2lsNdbhH_bigger.png HuffPost PoliticsVerified account @HuffPostPol 16h16 hours ago

Democrats should be very nervous about their terrible turnout numbers.......... http://trib.al/veG3lVo

CcVmT0uUEAA6iZJ.jpg

MICHAEL BARONE: Honey, They’re Shrinking The Democratic Primary (Cont’d):

I’m not the only one who has noticed that Democratic caucus and primary turnout so far has been down as compared to 2008 and that Republican caucus and primary turnout has been up as compared to either 2012 or 2008.

Anna Greenberg, the Democratic pollster, made the same observation on a joint American Enterprise Institute/Brookings Institution/Center for American Progress panel last Thursday. The results of the South Carolina Democratic primary Saturday confirm the trend. Total turnout was 370,000, down from 30 percent from 2008′s 532,000 (I’m rounding off figures to the nearest thousand, and the 2016 numbers may be off a little from the final returns and exit poll numbers).

Many commentators have noticed that blacks constituted a higher percentage of South Carolina Democratic voters this year, 65 percent according to the exit poll, than they did in 2008, 55 percent.
But this represents not a surge of blacks into the electorate, but rather the fact that black turnout declined by only 18 percent, whereas white turnout fell nearly in half, by 44 percent.

Well, when you run two old white people after 7 years of saying that it’s time we quit listening to old white people. . . .

Edited by B-Man

Posted Today, 06:56 AM

2lsNdbhH_bigger.png HuffPost PoliticsVerified account ‏@HuffPostPol 16h16 hours ago

Democrats should be very nervous about their terrible turnout numbers.......... http://trib.al/veG3lVo

From that article:

Democrats in 2016 are only getting about two-thirds of the primary votes that they received eight years ago.

Republican turnout in the South Carolina primary, by contrast, was up more than 70 percent from 2008.

SEVENTY PERCENT!!! :lol:

Racism and mysogyny.

You might just want to think that one over. What's driving the greater turnout is the dissatisfaction that everyone right of Noam Chompsky seems to have with the establishment in D.C. These people are upset that despite a majority in both houses the pols are sitting on their hands and not fighting King Obama. Political Correctness has taken over and turned illegal aliens into undocumented immigrants. There is an immense amount of people that don't care if Trump can pass a conservative litmus test but are buying into a belief that Trump will go to D.C. and kick ass.

You might just want to think that one over. What's driving the greater turnout is the dissatisfaction that everyone right of Noam Chompsky seems to have with the establishment in D.C. These people are upset that despite a majority in both houses the pols are sitting on their hands and not fighting King Obama. Political Correctness has taken over and turned illegal aliens into undocumented immigrants. There is an immense amount of people that don't care if Trump can pass a conservative litmus test but are buying into a belief that Trump will go to D.C. and kick ass.

So the black president and dark skinned immigrants? :doh:

What do you think is driving the great increase in turnout for the republicans?

More candidates with ground games, and the large number of people who are so disappointed in DC that they somehow think Trump is a good idea.

What I'm still trying to figure out is how people like Sessions, Drudge, Breitbart, Coulter, etc. are behind Trump.

Coulter, in fairness, lost any credibility with me when she went all in on Christy last year, and now she's going all in mocking people like Cruz and Rubio, so as far as I can tell, she's still trying to re-model her product for a new book.

Drudge and Breitbart want the clicks.

Sessions? No idea. He's not an idiot, and yet you don't need to spend much time listening to Trump without realizing what a sleazy, disingenuous nutbag he is.

So I'm not afraid to say I don't know. I just know that once the media gets Trump the nomination, they're going to turn quickly, and it won't be long before you'll be begging for the easier days when Romney was accused of giving a woman cancer.

So the black president and dark skinned immigrants? :doh:

One would think that any reasonable person would have learned their lesson regarding mischaracterizing another person's comments. You on the other hand are a little inconsequential pissant, incapable of learning anything.

More candidates with ground games, and the large number of people who are so disappointed in DC that they somehow think Trump is a good idea.

What I'm still trying to figure out is how people like Sessions, Drudge, Breitbart, Coulter, etc. are behind Trump.

Coulter, in fairness, lost any credibility with me when she went all in on Christy last year, and now she's going all in mocking people like Cruz and Rubio, so as far as I can tell, she's still trying to re-model her product for a new book.

Drudge and Breitbart want the clicks.

Sessions? No idea. He's not an idiot, and yet you don't need to spend much time listening to Trump without realizing what a sleazy, disingenuous nutbag he is.

So I'm not afraid to say I don't know. I just know that once the media gets Trump the nomination, they're going to turn quickly, and it won't be long before you'll be begging for the easier days when Romney was accused of giving a woman cancer.

I am not a Trump supporter but will be if he wins the nomination. (I would most likely vote for Hitler over Hillary) With that said, Trump is lapping the competition and I believe is the main reason for the increased turnout. I think there are a lot of people like me. I also think there are a lot of Bernie supporters who despise Hillary and will either stay away from the booth or vote for Trump.

The media is experiencing what happens when someone is unafraid to flip them off. I wish Romney was a little more like this in 2012. Romney allowed the media and a schit like Harry Reid to put him on the defensive with ridiculous and petty accusations. If he had fought back I don't believe we would be now having a discussion in regards to Trump.

One would think that any reasonable person would have learned their lesson regarding mischaracterizing another person's comments. You on the other hand are a little inconsequential pissant, incapable of learning anything.

Just kind of funny how you indirectly stated what is fueling the racist maniac's campaign for the GOP nomination.

Really, what is so "broken" in Washington that people feel we need Trump? Tell me what these people are so angry about

I am not a Trump supporter but will be if he wins the nomination. (I would most likely vote for Hitler over Hillary) With that said, Trump is lapping the competition and I believe is the main reason for the increased turnout. I think there are a lot of people like me. I also think there are a lot of Bernie supporters who despise Hillary and will either stay away from the booth or vote for Trump.

The media is experiencing what happens when someone is unafraid to flip them off. I wish Romney was a little more like this in 2012. Romney allowed the media and a schit like Harry Reid to put him on the defensive with ridiculous and petty accusations. If he had fought back I don't believe we would be now having a discussion in regards to Trump.

Well ok then!! :doh:

Really, what is so "broken" in Washington that people feel we need Trump? Tell me what these people are so angry about

Gee, if only someone on this board asked or answered this question before.

I guess when your sole purpose here is to simply copy/paste what your overlords send to you, the idea of reading anything here wouldn't interest you.

In fairness to Coulter, Lazio is really easy to mock.

Sure it has, sure

Hitler is a better candidate, so things must be worse than I have noticed

Asking questions that have already been answered, and denying they've been answered because you're so special that nothing counts unless it's stated directly at you. You're a !@#$ing idiot.