We have the worst cap situation in the league?

Virgil

• Replies 670
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If the Bills could go out and secure one more fairly cheap vet (Although Brown and Moore were nice additions) I would love to see the Bills nab a pure NT, even if they draft one it still would be nice to have depth at that position.

if only. I agree i was all about that pot roast who went to NE on a one year deal.

But Bills have done okay. I do not think there is enough left in the till until Gilmore and or Glenn acquiesce

what was Moores contract ?

If we have agreed that 5 mill was needed to sign the rooks and we added two comp picks, Bill might be getting close to the wire Bandit?

I think bandit said we needed like 3 mil to sign our rookies. Remember the rule of 51

what was Moores contract ?

If we have agreed that 5 mill was needed to sign the rooks and we added two comp picks, Bill might be getting close to the wire Bandit?

Only about $2M in space needed for draft picks due to offsets and rule of 51. Still, additional space will be needed for full 53 and PS players once final rosters are set - plus in season moves due to injuries.

(Rookie pool is approx $6M. Bills have 8 picks which will displace 8 players at about $500k each, thus the $2M.)

Edited by BarleyNY

Only about $2M in space needed for draft picks due to offsets and rule of 51. Still, additional space will be needed for full 53 and PS players once final rosters are set - plus in season moves due to injuries.

I think you (or bandit) said the cap space for the 53 + PS + in season would be made available by deals for Glenn and Gilmore right?

I think you (or bandit) said the cap space for the 53 + PS + in season would be made available by deals for Glenn and Gilmore right?

Easily. Bandit estimated about $5M getting freed up with those two deals and his work looked spot on to me. The Bills still have a little room, but I'd be happier if they got those deals done - or even one of them.

This is my worry. and the worry grows each day.

if these fellows would bargain a deal Bills would have two more decent Fa signings at least by now.

Easily. Bandit estimated about $5M getting freed up with those two deals and his work looked spot on to me. The Bills still have a little room, but I'd be happier if they got those deals done - or even one of them.

I would rest easier too if the deals were done, but there really is no rush. If they want 1 maybe 2 more dust settling FA's they should be able to accommodate. 53 + PS goes into affect after TC right? Still trying to get on your level.

If the Bills could go out and secure one more fairly cheap vet (Although Brown and Moore were nice additions) I would love to see the Bills nab a pure NT, even if they draft one it still would be nice to have depth at that position.

Brown was a decent score.

But yes, grabbin a fat kid to sit in the middle via FA sure woulda helped relieve some stress for me

if these fellows would bargain a deal Bills would have two more decent Fa signings at least by now.

I'm not too worried because as bandit said up thread or in another thread, they've gotten every major FA re-signed that they've wanted in the past couple years. We were all sweating bullets about the Hughes and Cog contracts. But here we are today with both of them on deals that look good.

Who knows what the holdup is? Gilmore can sign a LTD anytime, but Glenn has to sign one before July 15th or he plays under his tag. Plenty of time for both, but I'd like it done for peace of mind as well as getting the space cleared up.

The weird thing about NFL FA vs. the rest of the sports is that guys don't (necessarily) want to get there. In other sports a bidding war starts and the contracts are guaranteed. In football you risk a lot by waiting. That's why guys hold out. They want guaranteed money and they want it now before a "Jaylon Smith" situation arises. If the Bills have solid offers for Glenn and/or Gilmore that will set up their families for generations they will go for it.

I would rest easier too if the deals were done, but there really is no rush. If they want 1 maybe 2 more dust settling FA's they should be able to accommodate. 53 + PS goes into affect after TC right? Still trying to get on your level.

Immediately following final cut down to 53 players full squad accounting goes into effect. Yes, they should have room for a couple more.