Antonin Scalia dead?

Juror#8

• Replies 379
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Senate consideration of a nominee under these circumstances is not fair to the president, to the nominee, or to the Senate itself."

"Where the nation should be treated to a consideration of constitutional philosophy, all it will get in such circumstances is partisan bickering and political posturing from both parties and from both ends of Pennsylvania Avenue."

Said Joe Biden in June of the election year 1992, when he was chair of the Senate Judiciary Committee, and the President was the Republican George H.S. Bush.
ADDED: The NYT front page highlights the Biden remarks as a "potential disaster":

Notice how the Times assumes the reader is on Obama's side on this, as it fails to add "for Obama" or "for Democrats" to "potential disaster."

bad history

Really? It seems the Japanese came out of being rounded up and placed into internments camps just fine. And that is a bit more recent than slavery.

It appears that the Japanese have figured out that looking backwards solves nothing and that looking forwards creates everything.

Really? It seems the Japanese came out of being rounded up and placed into internments camps just fine. And that is a bit more recent than slavery.

It appears that the Japanese have figured out that looking backwards solves nothing and that looking forwards creates everything.

And forget about abuses against chinese in building the railroads.

And forget about abuses against chinese in building the railroads.

And the Latinos who washed my pots.

But seriously regarding the Latinos. They have been abused regarding the way they have been smuggled into this country like animals. Treated like **** while they're here by employers that see them as cheap disposable labor etc etc. Do you see them marching in the streets? Well you do during the May Day celebrations but that's more for show than anything else.

And the Latinos who washed my pots.

But seriously regarding the Latinos. They have been abused regarding the way they have been smuggled into this country like animals. Treated like **** while they're here by employers that see them as cheap disposable labor etc etc. Do you see them marching in the streets? Well you do during the May Day celebrations but that's more for show than anything else.

It also ignores the fact that the indigenous peoples of South and Central America were, in fact, enslaved by the Spanish, and had their cultures appropriated.

American Latinos have a partially shared history with black Americans.

It also ignores Asia's own long history of slavery.

Edited by TakeYouToTasker

Compared to hundreds of years of slavery and Jim Crow? You are not making any sense

If you genuinely have no clear understanding of the topic being discussed, why do you find it necessary to contribute? You could probably avoid half the mocking abuse you take here if you simply thought twice before copy/pasting the first thing handed to you.

Oh no, I understand way more than you. Just trying to figure out the weakest of the weak spots to try and shed a little enlightenment into the PPP environment. :)

Compared to hundreds of years of slavery and Jim Crow? You are not making any sense

Oh no, I understand way more than you. Just trying to figure out the weakest of the weak spots to try and shed a little enlightenment into the PPP environment. :)

How many centuries need to pass before liberal blacks quit blaming slavery for their failures as individuals and a community?

How many centuries need to pass before liberal blacks quit blaming slavery for their failures as individuals and a community?

I think Barack Obama's greatest failure as president has been the missed opportunity to return to the inner cities and speak to the kids; show them how the fate of a minority child from a broken marriage is not in stone. That you can rise up from a poor and broken single-family home to do great things...even become president. He could point out the opportunities that are there for these kids to get help, tutoring, Big Brother/Big Sister-like programs, work with the inner city churches to have a safe place to give the message.

If he and his wife spent half the effort she spent changing school menus to get this message to all the poorest parts of LA, Chicago, NY, Oakland, Detroit, and beyond, it would be one of the great presidential legacies.

Unfortunately, Barry simply wasn't evolved, or even humble enough, to do this this, let alone even give it a thought. He's more interested in how people see him, not how he sees people in need, and the value his life can bring to their lives. Which is probably why he's proven to be such a crappy president.

Edited by LABillzFan

I think Barack Obama's greatest failure as president has been the missed opportunity to return to the inner cities and speak to the kids; show them how the fate of a minority child from a broken marriage is not in stone. That you can rise up from a poor and broken single-family home to do great things...even become president. He could point out the opportunities that are there for these kids to get help, tutoring, Big Brother/Big Sister-like programs, work with the inner city churches to have a safe place to give the message.

Goes against the basic tenets of Critical Race Theory.

Except that Barry grew up white and with money.

Except that Barry grew up white and with money.

But growing up white, with white money, is oppressive to a black man, since it forces him to abide by the cultural bias of "whiteness" and abandon his "blackness."

Anyone want to guess what theory that comes from? Anyone?

If he and his wife spent half the effort she spent changing school menus to get this message to all the poorest parts of LA, Chicago, NY, Oakland, Detroit, and beyond, it would be one of the great presidential legacies.

Unfortunately, Barry simply wasn't evolved, or even humble enough, to do this this, let alone even give it a thought. He's more interested in how people see him, not how he sees people in need, and the value his life can bring to their lives. Which is probably why he's proven to be such a crappy president.

There is a lot of power in doing something like that. I've always taken to heart when someone says "if I can do this anyone can" because it's usually very true. An incredibly lost opportunity.

But growing up white, with white money, is oppressive to a black man, since it forces him to abide by the cultural bias of "whiteness" and abandon his "blackness."

Anyone want to guess what theory that comes from? Anyone?

I think we know which book Tom's been reading this week. :lol:

There is a lot of power in doing something like that. I've always taken to heart when someone says "if I can do this anyone can" because it's usually very true. An incredibly lost opportunity.

I think we know which book Tom's been reading this week. :lol:

http://www.amazon.com/Critical-Race-Theory-Introduction-America-ebook/dp/B007KGGLQO/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1456273114&sr=1-1&keywords=critical+race+theory

Bunch of !@#$ing bull ****.

"Senate consideration of a nominee under these circumstances is not fair to the president, to the nominee, or to the Senate itself."

"Where the nation should be treated to a consideration of constitutional philosophy, all it will get in such circumstances is partisan bickering and political posturing from both parties and from both ends of Pennsylvania Avenue."

Said Joe Biden in June of the election year 1992, when he was chair of the Senate Judiciary Committee, and the President was the Republican George H.S. Bush.

ADDED: The NYT front page highlights the Biden remarks as a "potential disaster":

Notice how the Times assumes the reader is on Obama's side on this, as it fails to add "for Obama" or "for Democrats" to "potential disaster."

So Biden and MConnell et al are all wrong. Using a procedural maneuver to block a president from appointing a Supreme Court Justice nomination by a sitting president is base politics, epsecially for a party that pretends to want to uphold the Constitution. "Advise and consent" does not mean "ignore and obstruct."

Obama should nominate. The pick should be confirmed barring an exceptional issue arising. Congress has played games with court nominees at all levels for far too long.