Kiko Alonso revisited with regard to Shady...the 3rd thread

Poor Kiko Alonso. As everyone revisits the McCoy-Alonso trade using their best Revisionist History (I swear, I don't remember reading anything about what a low-class problem child McCoy was before the bar fight incident, and most stuff being revisited seems really petty), Kiko as the other player in the trade is also being described with increasing disparagement.

This article hits a new low though:

"You can critique the trade of McCoy to Buffalo for what amounted to a sack of used and battered jockstraps (Kiko Alonso) from a football point of view. In that respect, it was a bad move, one of many regrettable football decisions for which Kelly was responsible."

So there we go. From Chuck Norris memes to a battered jockstrap - excuse me, a sack of used and battered jockstraps which somehow seems worse - in 3 seasons.

And of course begs the question of what the jockstraps were battered with.

Eeeeeeew.

Edited by Beerball

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Poor Kiko Alonso. As everyone revisits the McCoy-Alonso trade using their best Revisionist History (I swear, I don't remember reading anything about what a low-class problem child McCoy was before the bar fight incident, and most stuff being revisited seems really petty), Kiko as the other player in the trade is also being described with increasing disparagement.

This article hits a new low though:

"You can critique the trade of McCoy to Buffalo for what amounted to a sack of used and battered jockstraps (Kiko Alonso) from a football point of view. In that respect, it was a bad move, one of many regrettable football decisions for which Kelly was responsible."

So there we go. From Chuck Norris memes to a battered jockstrap - excuse me, a sack of used and battered jockstraps which somehow seems worse - in 3 seasons.

And of course begs the question of what the jockstraps were battered with.

Eeeeeeew.

It's hilarious how some people still don't understand that trade was all about freeing up a boatload of cap money for them as far as Kelly was concerned. Kiko was just gravy on the potatoes next to the big fat steak for them in that trade. It was never a player-for-player deal for them like it was for the Bills.

I'll never understand this inherent need by some fans to feel that their team somehow "won the trade." The Bills wanted a feature RB who's a threat to break a long TD run every time he touches the ball. Chip wanted a buttload of cap money while dumping a diva with an attitude who's contract was no longer worth the headache. Both teams got what they wanted.

Edited by KDS73

It's hilarious how some people still don't understand that trade was all about freeing up a boatload of cap money for them as far as Kelly was concerned. Kiko was just gravy on the potatoes next to the big fat steak for them in that trade. It was never a player-for-player deal for them like it was for the Bills.

I'll never understand this inherent need by some fans to feel that their team somehow "won the trade." The Bills wanted a feature RB who's a threat to break a long TD run every time he touches the ball. Chip wanted a buttload of cap money while dumping a diva with an attitude who's contract was no longer worth the headache. Both teams got what they wanted.

The bills did win the trade. What are you talking about ?

Care to comment on the "play on the field" for both players ? Way to overthink it and tell us your tale.

He is a sack of *legendary* used and battered jockstraps. Sheesh, the disrespect.

I know. Kiko seems to be a guy who can do well with a bit of a chip on his shoulder, so hopefully he finds it motivational. I don't know what other use it may be.

Alonso was great while he was here but his undersized body and knee injuries seem to have derailed his career. I really miss the Chunky soup commercials btw.

Alonso, like Lynch, has a fall back career as an actor!

Yeah, it is hilarious...that you think it was smart for Chip because he freed up cap space, when the move arguable cost him his job.

....except they turned around and handed virtually the exact same money to a RB.

....except they turned around and handed virtually the exact same money to a RB.

Wasn't Shady also only playing for like $1 million in guaranteed money? That a new contract was imminent.

Yeah, it is hilarious...that you think it was smart for Chip because he freed up cap space, when the move arguable cost him his job.

:flirt:

The Bills won the trade, hands down. Kiko looks sadly that he will never be the player he was in his rookie year. The worst part for Bills fans is Kiko seems like a great guy. McCoy has a much bigger impact on the team, but like many recent Bills RBs he has some significant character issues and really doesn't want to be in Buffalo.

It was pretty widely reported that Lesean was very unhappy about coming to Buffalo and wasn't "going to make it easy," until he got extended.

"Widely reported" based on one person "close to McCoy" who said it right after the news of the trade broke, then all the news organizations picked it up and echoed it.

Whether McCoy really said it or meant it after the first shock of the trade wore off, is a whole 'nother question.

Jesus. McCoy beat someone up, he didn't kill anyone. He'll miss (my guess) 3-4 games and, barring injury, will likely be very effective in the rest. Twelve games of McCoy is better than 16 games of Alonso in any season on any team. A lot better.

The bills did win the trade. What are you talking about ?

Care to comment on the "play on the field" for both players ? Way to overthink it and tell us your tale.

Why would I want to "comment on play on the field for both players" when I just finished explaining that it was never just a player-for-player trade from the Eagles' perspective? Their main motivation was cap money. Enough cap money to sign several players. I'll say it again. It was never about simply trading McCoy for Kiko from their perspective. Not even close. You simply choose to look at it that way so you can claim "trade victory!"

I never claimed Chip was smart or dumb. Nice job of putting words in my mouth though. But by all accounts, he lost his job because he couldn't get along with the GM, and because, according to the owner anyway, he "couldn't communicate effectively with his players." But hey, your version allows us to say we won the trade, so let's go with that one. Lol. All you guys are doing is proving my point. So hell bent on needing to feel like "we won the trade" that you'll look at it from any perspective that makes it so, even if it means creating an alternate reality. Guy's, it's okay to admit sometimes that both teams did good in a trade. You don't always have to win. What happens if Kiko or one of those players they signed with all that cap money goes on to have great careers with them while McCoy continues to put up mediocre numbers and cause distractions here? Or worse yet, what if he's cut after this latest incident and we only have one season of him to show for the trade while they still have several players still playing for them because of it? Are we still the winners then?

Why would I want to "comment on play on the field for both players" when I just finished explaining that it was never just a player-for-player trade from the Eagles' perspective? Their main motivation was cap money. Enough cap money to sign several players. I'll say it again. It was never about simply trading McCoy for Kiko from their perspective. Not even close. You simply choose to look at it that way so you can claim "trade victory!"

I never claimed Chip was smart or dumb. Nice job of putting words in my mouth though. But by all accounts, he lost his job because he couldn't get along with the GM, and because, according to the owner anyway, he "couldn't communicate effectively with his players." But hey, your version allows us to say we won the trade, so let's go with that one. Lol. All you guys are doing is proving my point. So hell bent on needing to feel like "we won the trade" that you'll look at it from any perspective that makes it so, even if it means creating an alternate reality. Guy's, it's okay to admit sometimes that both teams did good in a trade. You don't always have to win. What happens if Kiko or one of those players they signed with all that cap money goes on to have great careers with them while McCoy continues to put up mediocre numbers and cause distractions here? Or worse yet, what if he's cut after this latest incident and we only have one season of him to show for the trade while they still have several players still playing for them because of it? Are we still the winners then?

Like DeMarco Murray ? Like a previous poster said most of the "cap savings" attributable to trading away Shady got spent on another high priced FA RB.