Poor Bruce DeHaven...another huge ST gaffe

eball

I don't know that you blame Bruce for this, but what the hell were the Panthers thinking during that punt return in the 2nd quarter? Norwood didn't come close to calling for a fair catch.

That was a big moment -- even though they punted Carolina was seizing momentum and Denver was able to convert the return into a FG.

It seems like they were worried about getting flagged for interference. Hard to blame the coach for that -- two guys were right there and both had a major brain fart.

I've read here that brain farts can only be blamed on coaching.

That said, one guy DID run into him before he fielded the punt, which is what certainly caused the confusion.

I've read here that brain farts can only be blamed on coaching.

That said, one guy DID run into him before he fielded the punt, which is what certainly caused the confusion.

I noticed that too and wondered why there wasn't a flag.

I don't know that you blame Bruce for this, but what the hell were the Panthers thinking during that punt return in the 2nd quarter? Norwood didn't come close to calling for a fair catch.

That was a big moment -- even though they punted Carolina was seizing momentum and Denver was able to convert the return into a FG.

They figured there was no way a Norwood could make a crucial special teams play in a Superbowl.

The Broncos PR was an idiot for fielding that. He could have been killed and fumbled there. They lucked out that the panthers backed off of him.

They probably backed off because they saw him catch it, and thought "What's he doing fielding that punt? He could get killed and fumble there. Did he call a fair catch? Just in case, we better back off."

I don't blame DeHaven. Players make plays. They didn't.[/quote but the coaches make the decision to trust in that player to begin with. Do you blame Leodis for fumbling away our season? I don't. I blame Ryan for giving him the PR duties in the first place.
yes, I blame the player for fumbling. He was our PR. Then, he wasn't. Because he fumbled. Just like Moore and Thigpen who also fumbled. All the PRs sucked this year.
Edited by YoloinOhio

I wonder if the other Bronco player back that was was yelling to Norwood, "Fair catch it, Fair Catch it" The Panthers hear that, so jump back not to interfere assuming he's going to raise his arm.

Is Dehaven's the only person to lose five Superbowl's??

yeah all Bruce's fault for dummies don't know how to tackle

While this topic is up for discussion; what about the effort from Mario Addison to chase him down 60 yards?

That's a 260lb DE hauling arse keeping up with a 180lb WR.

Look Mario made a play!

ame="Thunderstealer" post="3866240" timestamp="1454946490"]

yes, I blame the player for fumbling. He was our PR. Then, he wasn't. Because he fumbled. Just like Moore and Thigpen who also fumbled. All the PRs sucked this year.

i hope Dougs scouting team finds us a solid PR/KR in the un-drafted free agent pool. i dont want Leodis to return a punt or kick ever again it stresses me out the whole play.

i hope Dougs scouting team finds us a solid PR/KR in the un-drafted free agent pool. i dont want Leodis to return a punt or kick ever again it stresses me out the whole play.

they signed a guy a couple weeks ago who is also a depth CB. Javier Arenas. He will at least compete for the job.