Who really Billieves in Tyrod Taylor? Apparently BN does...

Marty McFly

The Bills finished way higher than the Broncos is both yards and scoring. I know, as it's been pointed out over and over, that they only scored 13 points in the one Monday night game. When they played them at home, they scored 32. The Broncos had multiple games where their offense couldn't even score a TD or barely scored at all and still won on the strength of their defense. Again, their defense is REALLY good. Good enough that Tyrod Taylor could have led them to the Super Bowl if 9 TD's to 17 INT's, including 1 home TD pass in 6 home games Peyton Manning could lead them there.

He'd still have to beat the Pats when he had a great defensive performance. He hasn't proven he can.

Edited by FireChan

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can you please name a single instance where this occurred and the QB had NFL success?

I see your Matt Cassell example. I did say EFFECTIVE NFL QB though. If you want to consider a guy that only threw for over 3,000 yards twice and never over 4,000 an effective NFL QB, well, so be it. I think most people clearly can see that the man is and always has been terrible and if that is the best example anyone can think of, well, then I think I proved my original point.

Frank Ryan was a second stringer at Rice behind King Hill. Ryan was drafted in the 5th round. In 1964 he lead the Browns to their last NFL title. He was also a three time Pro Bowler. I'd call that success.

There is no QB in this draft that is can't miss. The top guys may never be as good as TT. You cannot draft a guy because the position is important if he is never going to play. If the Bills had the 1st overall pick this year QB would be the wrong selection. Everyone always wants to get better at QB but there aren't always guys to do that. If the Bills were to take even a 1st round QB this year, they probably have about a 5% chance of improving the position for 2016. I don't see how taking a step back at QB gets this team in "win now" mode any closer to their objective?

Tyrod is not perfect but he warrants a longer look. This was kind of the Aaron Rodgers point earlier. These unicorns don't exist. These guys that everyone seems to think that you have to have come along about once every 2-3 years. You have to have the right pick (or assets to get him) and be sure that he is an upgrade.

A WR is definitely needed but this is a weak WR crop at the top. I like Treadwell a lot and his slow 40 time will scare some teams. He is the most polished though. There are a few others that would make some sense in the 2nd.

I gotta tell ya Kirby, the idea of drafting a WR before any offensive lineman literally made my stomach churn.

Skill positions as a group are already the strongest part of the offense, even while the line is the most critical part. A run-first offense can always afford to put a slightly lower priority on WR/TE.

We were 31st in pass attempts this year, 28th in passing yards, yet tied for 6th in yards per pass play. The effectiveness is there, we just don't throw the football.

Meanwhile, two things: 1. Roman might be the best 'run game coordinator' in the NFL, and 2. the only major ingredient missing from Roman's NFC Championship offenses is a dominant power run line. The only run blocker we have who one could make the case approaches "elite" is currently a free agent.

Nineteenth on 3rd downs...remember all the 3rd and 1 or 2's we threw incomplete deep balls and punted? That's not a Greg Roman offense at full power.

I'm interested to hear the logic behind the assertion that WR is a must-add and a higher priority than OL. Much respect, thanks.

I gotta tell ya Kirby, the idea of drafting a WR before any offensive lineman literally made my stomach churn.

Skill positions as a group are already the strongest part of the offense, even while the line is the most critical part. A run-first offense can always afford to put a slightly lower priority on WR/TE.

We were 31st in pass attempts this year, 28th in passing yards, yet tied for 6th in yards per pass play. The effectiveness is there, we just don't throw the football.

Meanwhile, two things: 1. Roman might be the best 'run game coordinator' in the NFL, and 2. the only major ingredient missing from Roman's NFC Championship offenses is a dominant power run line. The only run blocker we have who one could make the case approaches "elite" is currently a free agent.

Nineteenth on 3rd downs...remember all the 3rd and 1 or 2's we threw incomplete deep balls and punted? That's not a Greg Roman offense at full power.

I'm interested to hear the logic behind the assertion that WR is a must-add and a higher priority than OL. Much respect, thanks.

Why? Assuming they re-sign Glenn and Incognito, WR is a bigger concern than OL. Our OL was good this year. Our WR's were not good this year (excluding Watkins of course). A serviceable RT is a hell of a lot easier to find than a Martavis Bryant.

Edited by metzelaars_lives

Why? Assuming they re-sign Glenn and Incognito, WR is a bigger concern than OL. Our OL was good this year. Our WR's were not good this year (excluding Watkins of course). A serviceable RT is a hell of a lot easier to find than a Martavis Bryant.

We're already good at throwing the ball and don't do it much anyway. Again, skill positions are already the best part of the offense.

This

It's another one of those things that because we have had a bad line for so long we don't recognize good OL play. By the end of the year they were good. We did lead the league in rushing and did it with the help of guys like Karlos Williams and Mike Gillislee. We have 1 spot potentially open on the OL. We have a big hole at WR behind Sammy. The FO has said as much. IMO a #2 WR is a much bigger need than a RT.

This

It's another one of those things that because we have had a bad line for so long we don't recognize good OL play. By the end of the year they were good. We did lead the league in rushing and did it with the help of guys like Karlos Williams and Mike Gillislee. We have 1 spot potentially open on the OL. We have a big hole at WR behind Sammy. The FO has said as much. IMO a #2 WR is a much bigger need than a RT.

True, it was better at the end.

We're already good at throwing the ball and don't do it much anyway. Again, skill positions are already the best part of the offense.

Yes, but we need depth. Tyrod can't do as well if he doesn't have adequate uninjured "weapons". Would be nice that if one of our "weapons" was out nursing an injury we had other "weapons" we could use instead.

Frank Ryan was a second stringer at Rice behind King Hill. Ryan was drafted in the 5th round. In 1964 he lead the Browns to their last NFL title. He was also a three time Pro Bowler. I'd call that success.

Way before my time, but sure seems like it. However, if we have to go back over 50 years to find 1 example, then I am pretty comfortable with my original thoughts on this.

Our OL was fair. Henderson, Urbik, and Kujo were not good by any means. You don't win unless you can protect the quarterback, unless he's Brady and needs no time to throw. If Taylor was not as mobile as he is, he would have been chopped liver out there, and almost was, not to mention what EJ would have been attempting to get off his erratic throws.

He'd still have to beat the Pats when he had a great defensive performance. He hasn't proven he can.

no Chan. I dont think thats a fair statement.

Rex has not proven he can.

Tyrod has proven he can do what was asked of him, and more.

imho

I aint crowning him or nothing for he was the opposite of fail

Well then Aaron.

Lets look at the development of said line over the season. For a bunch of guys who could not get sorted early on they as a whole even! , became respectable down the stretch. Glenn and Cogs plus Woods held their own and the line DID start clicking.

But look what we fielded at the WR positions.

Look close. We have a guy named Salas catching passes who knew?

Watkins was healthy and showed why he is the #1

Wood really struggled as did Hogan. We found later on they had serious injuries but played. Because we had no one else to line up !

I can dig getting the RT settled and being absolutely positively sure we keep Glenn and Richie.

But damn man , since we lost Harvin , we lost a viable threat.

I would not chase a WR because i think one or two will be found , and i am all about refurbishing the front seven of the defense. But brother we sure need another viable threat at rec or TE

True, it was better at the end.

btw i read along catching up and post. then post again as i continue.

Almost everything was better as the season finished up !

Our OL was fair. Henderson, Urbik, and Kujo were not good by any means. You don't win unless you can protect the quarterback, unless he's Brady and needs no time to throw. If Taylor was not as mobile as he is, he would have been chopped liver out there, and almost was, not to mention what EJ would have been attempting to get off his erratic throws.

Miller and Urbik and Mills were okay. nothing more

no Chan. I dont think thats a fair statement.

Rex has not proven he can.

Tyrod has proven he can do what was asked of him, and more.

imho

I aint crowning him or nothing for he was the opposite of fail

IMO, you gotta be able to put up more than 13 to beat the Pats. Almost always.

i did not realize we were talking game specific. OOPS!

i was just agreeing with you that while the Bills only scored 13 pts as an offense vs NE at Foxboro, it isn't because TT didn't put them in position to score more points. He didn't have a great game, but others let him down in certain spots too. Edited by YoloinOhio

i was just agreeing with you that while the Bills only scored 13 pts as an offense vs NE at Foxboro, it isn't because TT didn't put them in position to score more points. He didn't have a great game, but others let him down in certain spots too.

That Shady drop and ref scam still haunts me. smfh. Give Tyrod a Decker and Brandon Marshall and I bet we win that 2nd game.

Edited by Marty McFly