Genesee Bock Beer

jaybee

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would but here are a couple issues with that. One I do pack salt. It's called curing. And I've not used a wok in years even though I have one.

Coincidentally enough, I happen to need a new wok.

speaking of woks, chef jim will kill me for this...

so i took some sirloin and cut it thin, than coated corn starch and fried it in wok. i than mixed up soy sauce, ginger, garlic, orange zest with some rice vinegar and than orange juice concentrate after reading it can be used to induce the orange flavor instead of going the full chinese route.

sooo, i used frozen concentrate orange juice on my delicious grassfed beef to make some orange beef.

Well, I drank my share of Genesee Creamers in high school and there were no complaints. 16 ounce bottles ("Pounders"). Speaking of high school beer...any of you guys remember drinking Goebels Beer?

According to Wiki - Goebel was popular in its latter days in the 1970s and 1980s, as a low-priced beer, sold by the case in bottles and aluminum cans. In the mid to late seventies, a case of twenty four bottles cost $4.44 not including the dollar refund when all empties were returned. Eventually, Pabst Brewing Company acquired Stroh's and their other brands (including Goebel), and discontinued the Goebel brand at the end of 2005.

As far as the Genesee Bock tasting "off", there was probably a dead bloated body floating in the Genesee river near their water intake system.

According to Wiki - Goebel was popular in its latter days in the 1970s and 1980s, as a low-priced beer, sold by the case in bottles and aluminum cans. In the mid to late seventies, a case of twenty four bottles cost $4.44 not including the dollar refund when all empties were returned. Eventually, Pabst Brewing Company acquired Stroh's and their other brands (including Goebel), and discontinued the Goebel brand at the end of 2005.

As far as the Genesee Bock tasting "off", there was probably a dead bloated body floating in the Genesee river near their water intake system.

Thanks for crushing my dreams!!