25 Years Ago Today The Bills Were Robbed Of SB XXV

You're still refusing to address the question, so since you are, I'm done. it's clear you're the only person alive with this idea that the Bills were screwed by the officials. Best of luck with this.

Watch the video. And explain what happened regarding McKeller's 100% obvious catch. The official's completely unnecessary call kept Buffalo Bills kicker Scott Norwood out of FG range. Or should I say, Super Bowl XXV winning FG range?

Some posters here see what I see.

Some posters here have watched the video.

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Watch the video. And explain what happened regarding McKeller's 100% obvious catch. The official's completely unnecessary call kept Buffalo Bills kicker Scott Norwood out of FG range. Or should I say, Super Bowl XXV winning FG range?

Some posters here see what I see.

Some posters here have watched the video.

The refs took 25 seconds to stop the clock, review, and start it again (2:40 of the video to 3:05). Giants didn't even get a water boy on the field. Not much of a breather. The refs probably didn't have a good sight angle on McKellar to say if the ball touched the ground so they quickly checked with the upstairs booth. It was a close superbowl so they wanted to make sure they were right. I personally feel you're on a lame excuse crusade here. Much ado about nothing, but that's just my take.

I watched the video up until the attempted FG. I could not watch that again and have no desire to watch it.

You are correct, it was a great catch. It probably (not definitely) changed the outcome of the game.

What matters most to me at this point is that it was 25 years ago. Nothing can change that.

I understand your passion, but it is time to let it go.

Peace.

Rockpile

You are correct, it was a great catch. It probably (not definitely) changed the outcome of the game.

Thank you.

Not only was McKeller's catch 100% legitimate, it begs the question of why did the official call for the review of a 100% OBVIOUS catch. And why did the official wait until the Buffalo Bills pass offense was lined up against the Giants defense that was completely unprepared for the play.

The call for a review I can possibly live with.

The call for a review plus the timing of the call for a review is just way too suspicious.

No Buffalo Bills fans should accept this.

Thank you.

Not only was McKeller's catch 100% legitimate, it begs the question of why did the official call for the review of a 100% OBVIOUS catch. And why did the official wait until the Buffalo Bills pass offense was lined up against the Giants defense that was completely unprepared for the play.

The call for a review I can possibly live with.

The call for a review plus the timing of the call for a review is just way too suspicious.

No Buffalo Bills fans should accept this.

Why do you say the Giants defense was "completely unprepared" for the play before the refs stopped for replay? I can't agree with this assessment. They weren't scrambling wildly to get lined up, they were only rushing two who were both in position but one hadn't got down into stance yet. The 8 defensemen in that picture seemed pretty well lined up waiting for Kelly to start his cadence.

After the refs checked replay, the Bills were in a completely different formation but so it's reasonable to say they ran a different play because of the stoppage but it's purely speculative to say it actually changed the outcome of the game.

As a 46 year old lifelong Bills fan, I have no trouble accepting this.

PH- At what point did you not get the message from so many posters to LET IT GO. It's 25 years ago. You can't change it. We lost. every team that lost a close game has an excuse made why they lost on one play or another. It doesn't matter. We lost. That's it.

No one outside of the most avid Bills fans will even entertain the conversation. How about a novel idea and we do something about it, by putting together a championship team and winning one.

How does Carolina fans feel this week going 15-1, favored in the big game, and the Denver defense put a hurting on them. It happens. We were out coached in SB 25. We should have won, but we didn't because we didn't make the right adjustments, nor did we get the right direction from the HC to take this game seriously the entire week leading up to the game.

Why do you say the Giants defense was "completely unprepared" for the play before the refs stopped for replay?

Because the Giants were completely unprepared for the Bills pass offense that was about to execute a play. That's why game commentator Frank Gifford said "That (play review/stoppage in play) gave the Giants a little breather."

Without the Giants gift of a "little breather" it's highly likely that the Bills would have had a successful pass play. Jim Kelly had all of his receivers, including Thurman Thomas, all lined up on the LOS to the right, ready to catch a pass and go out of bounds. The Giants players were not ready for that play - watch the video - it's all right there. That would have set up one more play before Bills kicker Scott Norwood kicks the Super Bowl winning field goal. Norwood would have been well within his FG range.

"little breather"

PH- At what point did you not get the message from so many posters to LET IT GO. It's 25 years ago. You can't change it. We lost. every team that lost a close game has an excuse made why they lost on one play or another. It doesn't matter. We lost. That's it.

Just give it to him.