Americans hate the Federal Government more than ever

guess here is as good as anywhere...

http://www.thetimesnews.com/news/20170109/federal-suit-against-city-of-burlington-dismissed

this... this is how stupid our laws have become.

GREENSBORO — While Kathy Wells York’s 2012 arrest for stealing a purse might have been a mistake, it was not a violation of her constitutional rights, according to a federal judge.

Federal District Court Judge Thomas Schroeder granted a motion for summary judgment the city filed in May just a few weeks before Monday’s court date, concluding federal charges and sending state charges back to Alamance County Superior Court.

“It’s just been remanded to state court,” Burlington City Attorney David Huffman said.

On April 29, 2012, York left the ladies room at a Burlington Belk department store with another woman’s purse, containing money and a cellphone, that had been sitting on a paper towel dispenser. York said she mistook it for her own makeup case.

The woman called out to York as she left the store and called the police, who reviewed surveillance video and called the cellphone in the woman’s purse. A woman answered the phone, but the call was disconnected after Sgt. Christopher Smith identified himself.

York then called the woman’s husband on her cellphone and arranged to meet her in front of the store to return the purse. When York handed it over, the woman found nothing was missing, but Officer Cameron Leight told York she was under arrest. York said “No” and backed away. York’s husband, Melvin Buddy York, started to get out of their car, but Smith ordered him to stay in the car and put his hands on the door.

York was convicted in Alamance County District Court of misdemeanor larceny and resisting a public officer, and appealed to Superior Court, which dismissed the larceny charge but found her guilty of resisting, and sentenced her to probation, community service and a fine, and ordered her to stay away from both Leight and Belk.

Regulations, actually. And the FDA's not "wrong" on this point, so much as "weird," because of the byzantine regulatory structure.

There ought to be a law that federal regulations expire after four or six years, and have to be rewritten. Just to excise the dead wood in the CFR that causes these bureaucratic nightmares.

Regulations, actually. And the FDA's not "wrong" on this point, so much as "weird," because of the byzantine regulatory structure.

There ought to be a law that federal regulations expire after four or six years, and have to be rewritten. Just to excise the dead wood in the CFR that causes these bureaucratic nightmares.

It pisses me off that the FDA is even involved with vaping products. I used to smoke, and have been weaning myself off of the habit via vaping. I used to have 36MG nicotine fluid when I first began, stepped down to 24MG, and am now on 16MG. I just found out that as of January 1st, the FDA no longer allows stores to custom mix fluids anymore, saying that there's no proper content control. I had a good system for working my way to finally kicking a very bad habit of 39 years, and the FDA is screwing it up because it's ostensibly unhealthy for me.

:censored:

It pisses me off that the FDA is even involved with vaping products. I used to smoke, and have been weaning myself off of the habit via vaping. I used to have 36MG nicotine fluid when I first began, stepped down to 24MG, and am now on 16MG. I just found out that as of January 1st, the FDA no longer allows stores to custom mix fluids anymore, saying that there's no proper content control. I had a good system for working my way to finally kicking a very bad habit of 39 years, and the FDA is screwing it up because it's ostensibly unhealthy for me.

:censored:

That makes more sense, as there's no controls over whether the stores are using food-grade or industrial-grade propylene glycol for dilution. The difference being the difference between "safe" and "heavy metal toxicity." And the scientific studies that say it doesn't work (anecdotes like yours notwithstanding.)

But BMan's posted story...you can't claim that e-cigs are lower health risk and will help you quit smoking because that makes them unapproved medical devices and unapproved tobacco products. If you want to use them to quit smoking, the nicotine's a regulated medicine with a whole set of regulatory hoops to pass through, if you want to use them as a safer alternative to smoking the nicotine's a regulated modified tobacco product with a whole set of regulatory , but if you want to just use them...well, then go right ahead, because they only regulate the additives and don't give a **** about the nicotine. Either way it's the same ****, and the Food and Drug Administration is regulating...words.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/agencies-rush-to-publish-rules-before-trump-takes-office/ar-AAm2CjV?li=BBnb7Kz

On the eve of Donald Trump's inauguration on Friday, federal agencies are racing to publish midnight rules before the president-elect institutes a regulatory moratorium.

The Federal Register was overwhelmed Thursday with nearly 1,500 pages worth of rules from federal agencies. Miriam Kleiman, a spokesperson for the Federal Register, described it as "one of the largest ever" editions of the government's rulebook.

"It certainly is a busy time for the Federal Register," Kleiman told The Hill.

"There is a huge increase in the volume [of rules we receive] toward the end of an administration," she added.

The rules are known as midnight regulations, and represent a final attempt by the Obama administration to leave a mark on Washington's rulebooks before Trump takes over at the White House.

Trump has called for a freeze on all new regulations, and the president-elect and congressional Republicans are expected to try to roll back rules they disagree with.

That's also created a deadline for agencies that want to complete work before Trump takes office, and many appear to be working overtime.

Susan Dudley, a former administrator for Office of Information and Regulatory Affairs who now heads George Washington University's Regulatory Studies Center, estimates that on an average day, the Federal Register publishes 300 pages of proposed and final rules, public notices and documents.

On Thursday, the Federal Register published 1,464 pages of rules. That's the second-highest total since the 2016 election, following the 1,465 pages published on Nov. 18. Another 1,017 pages of rules were published on Dec. 20.

Sen. Kamala Harris sends heads to desks by declaring this gov’t spending a ‘human rights issue’

Here's the truth: infrastructure spending isn't a transportation issue for most Americans — it's a human rights issue.

Infrastructure spending is a human right? Do a lot of people on bad roads think their human rights are being violated?

Human rights involve what a government is forbidden to do *to* you.

The government cannot provide you with human rights.

Sen. Kamala Harris sends heads to desks by declaring this govt spending a human rights issue

Infrastructure spending is a human right? Do a lot of people on bad roads think their human rights are being violated?

Human rights involve what a government is forbidden to do *to* you.

The government cannot provide you with human rights.

It is when that infrastructure is providing a pipeline of food.

Do you like seafood? I got some nice fish to give you.

:-P

• 2 weeks later...

THEY WORKED FOR A BUNCH OF HOUSE DEMOCRATS: House Intelligence, Foreign Affairs Committee Members Compromised By Rogue IT Staff.

“Three brothers who managed office information technology for members of the House Permanent Select Committee on Intelligence and other lawmakers were abruptly relieved of their duties on suspicion that they accessed congressional computers without permission. Brothers Abid, Imran, and Jamal Awan were barred from computer networks at the House of Representatives Thursday, The Daily Caller News Foundation Investigative Group has learned.”

Plus: “Abid, Imran and Jamal have all shared a house in Lorton, Virginia, that is owned by Hina R. Alvi. Alvi is a female House IT employee who works for many of the same members as the three brothers, as well as the House Democratic Caucus. Signs of trouble have long been visible in public records. The Congressional Credit Union repossessed Abid’s car in 2009, and he declared bankruptcy in 2012, facing multiple lawsuits. Alvi, who did not respond to TheDCNF’s request for comment, has taken multiple second mortgages.”

THEY WORKED FOR A BUNCH OF HOUSE DEMOCRATS: House Intelligence, Foreign Affairs Committee Members Compromised By Rogue IT Staff.

“Three brothers who managed office information technology for members of the House Permanent Select Committee on Intelligence and other lawmakers were abruptly relieved of their duties on suspicion that they accessed congressional computers without permission. Brothers Abid, Imran, and Jamal Awan were barred from computer networks at the House of Representatives Thursday, The Daily Caller News Foundation Investigative Group has learned.”

Plus: “Abid, Imran and Jamal have all shared a house in Lorton, Virginia, that is owned by Hina R. Alvi. Alvi is a female House IT employee who works for many of the same members as the three brothers, as well as the House Democratic Caucus. Signs of trouble have long been visible in public records. The Congressional Credit Union repossessed Abid’s car in 2009, and he declared bankruptcy in 2012, facing multiple lawsuits. Alvi, who did not respond to TheDCNF’s request for comment, has taken multiple second mortgages.”

Hmmmmmmmmm

Check this out.

Why do people hate the Fed?

Deplorables, Red State welfare states should love some Fed:

attachicon.gifHateFedWhy.jpg

The Deplorables especially should love: Cali, Illinois, Mass, NYS, & Minn... The Fed & these states listed are keeping the bellyachers afloat.

#RedStateHypocrites

#Ungrateful

Did Gator, Baskin, or Ben write this for you ?

That is a graph showing Federal spending vs Tax revenue.

No one equates Federal Spending as "Welfare"

except (of course) in poorly thought out liberal narratives.

Did Gator, Baskin, or Ben write this for you ?

That is a graph showing Federal spending vs Tax revenue.

No one equates Federal Spending as "Welfare"

except (of course) in poorly thought out liberal narratives.

Boy... The RNC is on me like cats on ice!

LMAO!!!!

No you idiot. It is Fed revenue IN. Those states listed at top send more to Fed than they get back.

Edited by ExiledInIllinois

No you idiot. It is Fed revenue IN. Those states listed at top send more to Fed than they get back.

Yes clearly it is about Federal Spending in each state vs Tax Revenue, even you can read that.

Check this out.

The Deplorables especially should love: Cali, Illinois, Mass, NYS, & Minn... The Fed & these states listed are keeping the bellyachers afloat.

#RedStateHypocrites

#Ungrateful

You then clearly imply that (Red) states receiving this overage of spending than what taxes they send to the government are somehow on welfare.

again................you cling to an outdated liberal narrative like a liferaft.

Edited by B-Man

Yes clearly it is about Federal Spending in each state vs Tax Revenue, even you can read that.

You then clearly imply that (Red) states receiving this overage of spending than what taxes they send to the government are somehow on welfare.

again................you cling to an outdated liberal narrative like a liferaft.

Okay. My bad. Let me rephrase that in Trumpian Era terms: sure is a great deal for 35 or so of the 50 (51 w/DC) states. 15 or so pulling the weight, especially Cali where game is even bigger w/the economy.

But hey... You don't see states like Va (they went Blue) pissing and moaning, they massively make out!

Texas... Now they may have a beef.

Check this out.

#RedStateHypocrites

#Ungrateful

Could you please supply a link for the source of the graph?