Bills going to the Pro Bowl

I've read on here that Hotrod is the first QB since Blue Dreadsloe and Wood the first center since the Hull Dozer.

Does anyone know when was the last time before Shifty McCoy we had a RB? And when was the last time before Incognito we had a Left Guard?

Rueben Brown at guard. We've had at least a few RB's in PB -Travis, Marshawn come to mind. Maybe Antoine Smith..

• Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've read on here that Hotrod is the first QB since Blue Dreadsloe and Wood the first center since the Hull Dozer.

Does anyone know when was the last time before Shifty McCoy we had a RB? And when was the last time before Incognito we had a Left Guard?

CJ Spiller played in the pro bowl after the 2012 season

It was quite an improvement considering the regression of the other 2 units. They made the job of QB that much more difficult.

I was accused of hyperbole by someone that believes that we are in the same QB situation that we were in a year ago: http://forums.twobillsdrive.com/topic/183866-we-need-a-real-qb/page-5?hl=fridge

or

http://forums.twobillsdrive.com/topic/183866-we-need-a-real-qb/page-7?hl=fridge

or here is the comparison of the 2 that are virtually the same:

http://forums.twobillsdrive.com/topic/183866-we-need-a-real-qb/page-9?hl=fridge

You and I have such different ideas of success. You celebrate stats and pro bowls. I celebrate wins, and basically that's it. The reality is we (as a team) did not improve this season. I have made many arguments about Taylor not earning his franchise QB status down the stretch with failed late game opportunities. I felt he left a lot to be desired at the end of games, and I've gone into detail on this topic. You will look to stats (inflated passer rating, lack of INTs) to disagree, but again, we lost those games.

You want to celebrate a reserve spot in an exhibition game so much so that you assume it justifies something, even after FireChan (I can't believe I am saying this) fed you proof that it's essentially meaningless (50/50 toss-up at best) to distinguish a QB based on his first year pro bowl status.

I have said that it's possible that Tyrod could improve in the tangible aspects of the game, and of course I want him to succeed. I am confident he's hit his ceiling and we'll see as he enters his 6th season if that's true or not.

I don't think he's nearly at the level I see you CONSTANTLY attributing to him.

As a final note, it's so difficult to discuss this topic with you. You often try and demonize me in all of your posts, and it's very tiresome. I see that you cite my posts as if they're somehow going to embarrass me, even though it just reiterates my opinion. It's often hard to tell that people are allowed to think differently than you based on your posts.

You and I have such different ideas of success. You celebrate stats and pro bowls. I celebrate wins, and basically that's it. The reality is we (as a team) did not improve this season. I have made many arguments about Taylor not earning his franchise QB status down the stretch with failed late game opportunities. I felt he left a lot to be desired at the end of games, and I've gone into detail on this topic. You will look to stats (inflated passer rating, lack of INTs) to disagree, but again, we lost those games.

You want to celebrate a reserve spot in an exhibition game so much so that you assume it justifies something, even after FireChan (I can't believe I am saying this) fed you proof that it's essentially meaningless (50/50 toss-up at best) to distinguish a QB based on his first year pro bowl status.

I have said that it's possible that Tyrod could improve in the tangible aspects of the game, and of course I want him to succeed. I am confident he's hit his ceiling and we'll see as he enters his 6th season if that's true or not.

I don't think he's nearly at the level I see you CONSTANTLY attributing to him.

As a final note, it's so difficult to discuss this topic with you. You often try and demonize me in all of your posts, and it's very tiresome. I see that you cite my posts as if they're somehow going to embarrass me, even though it just reiterates my opinion. It's often hard to tell that people are allowed to think differently than you based on your posts.

Okay, so EJ's 6-10 record is basically the same as Tyrod's 8-6? That doesn't even make sense. The wins, losses, stats, everything indicates that they are not the same except for 5 people on this message board.

It is nothing personal and certainly shouldn't be taken as such. I don't "demonize" anyone. I consider myself the "hyperbole police" (as ironic as that may sound to you). I fact check everything on here. People make claims and try to pass them off as facts and that shouldn't be influencing others opinions. People should be formulating their opinions based on what is true not claims made on a message board. If someone makes an assertion, I research it and present evidence that either supports or dispels that claim. I don't feel that makes me a bad poster. You should always support your opinion with supporting evidence.

You began this conversation with an accusation of hyperbole. I simply suggested that a 40 point improvement and moving up 6 spots in PPG is not as big of hyperbole as saying that EJ and Tyrod are basically the same. There is nothing that can be attributed to that. I am on record as believing that he will become a franchise QB. What he has done supports that. At the same time I have indicated that there are areas that need work and at the moment he is a middle of the league QB. That is a massive step up from the 30th or so best starter. I do not think that Tyrod is great but he is a massive step up from what we had since Fitz and a step up from what we have had back to at least Bledsoe (if not Flutie or Kelly). All of the evidence supports my argument (record, stats, rating, TD:INT ratio, etc...). You stating that the level of QB was basically the same as it was prior is just false. All of the facts state otherwise.

Okay, so EJ's 6-10 record is basically the same as Tyrod's 8-6? That doesn't even make sense. The wins, losses, stats, everything indicates that they are not the same except for 5 people on this message board.

It is nothing personal and certainly shouldn't be taken as such. I don't "demonize" anyone. I consider myself the "hyperbole police" (as ironic as that may sound to you). I fact check everything on here. People make claims and try to pass them off as facts and that shouldn't be influencing others opinions. People should be formulating their opinions based on what is true not claims made on a message board. If someone makes an assertion, I research it and present evidence that either supports or dispels that claim. I don't feel that makes me a bad poster. You should always support your opinion with supporting evidence.

You began this conversation with an accusation of hyperbole. I simply suggested that a 40 point improvement and moving up 6 spots in PPG is not as big of hyperbole as saying that EJ and Tyrod are basically the same. There is nothing that can be attributed to that. I am on record as believing that he will become a franchise QB. What he has done supports that. At the same time I have indicated that there are areas that need work and at the moment he is a middle of the league QB. That is a massive step up from the 30th or so best starter. I do not think that Tyrod is great but he is a massive step up from what we had since Fitz and a step up from what we have had back to at least Bledsoe (if not Flutie or Kelly). All of the evidence supports my argument (record, stats, rating, TD:INT ratio, etc...). You stating that the level of QB was basically the same as it was prior is just false. All of the facts state otherwise.

I don't remember saying anything about EJ Manuel in this thread.

I don't remember saying anything about EJ Manuel in this thread.

I don't remember it either. You said that they were the same (http://forums.twobillsdrive.com/topic/183866-we-need-a-real-qb/?p=3816057), you said that you only care about wins and losses(http://forums.twobillsdrive.com/topic/184699-bills-going-to-the-pro-bowl/?p=3858186 ) and I presented the records (http://forums.twobillsdrive.com/topic/184699-bills-going-to-the-pro-bowl/?p=3858210). How is that the same? I was simply doing what I always to and that is check the facts.

Edited by Kirby Jackson

Against those 4 teams (3 of whom were in the playoffs) Taylor averaged 257 yards a game, 45 yards a game on the ground and had 6 TDs to 1 INT. You ignore the Houston game in the middle of that stretch because it doesn't fit the narrative. If you add that back he has 10 TDs (1 of which is rushing ) and 1 INT in that 5 game stretch against 4 playoff teams. Those 5 teams had a combined record of 48-32. That is what we are picking on Tyrod for? That is the best that you can do?This is what it looks like when he is "grasping at straws?"

6 tds in 5 games isn't exactly lighting it up either. Can he keep growing? Sure. But realistically he will need to continue to be the guy.

TT was grasping vs straws down the stretch vs pats, chiefs, eagles, and Barfffffffff Redskins. You are all in, cool.

I saw a guy whose gonna struggle to beat any team with a good qb to a degree. Good luck to you, hope your enthusiasm gets rewarded.

TT was grasping vs straws down the stretch vs pats, chiefs, eagles, and Barfffffffff Redskins. You are all in, cool.

I saw a guy whose gonna struggle to beat any team with a good qb to a degree. Good luck to you, hope your enthusiasm gets rewarded.

thanks, my enthusiasm was rewarded this year. my pick of QBs from the 4 we had signed in pre-season was named the starter made some big plays, improved on his flaws, and was considered good enough by the league to be a pro bowl alternate. I cant really ask for much more then that after i knew wat having Rex as HC was gonna do to this team. Also if ur gonna use the "he cant beat a good qb" argument lets not forget TT smoked Tanny twice, and Tanny beat Brady sooo does that mean Tannys automatically better then TT or Brady? Hell no.

Edited by Marty McFly

agree on that TT has been a step up from everyone since Bledsoe, I see his flaws and understand the skepticism but am confident he will continue to improve and become a solid NFL starter. I also heard Roman state in an interview that they will work a lot more with TT on the 2 minute drill to pull off those last minute drives that cuda won us 3 more games this season. Im looking forward to see a much better 2 minute offense next season since they said theyre gonna work on it. If we dont, then were looking at 7-9 or 9-7 at best looking ahead at next years schedule.

@JonTWCNews

#Bills Eric Wood and Richie Incognito both will play for Team Rice during the Pro Bowl Sunday. Tyrod Taylor waiting to get "drafted"

Im also watching. Eli Manning, Cog, Mangold, Wood, Odell Beckham and Landry on Team Rice too. I doubt anyone's gonna draft TT till 3rd QB pick his stats arent eye popping besides the TD to INT ratio and dual threat.

Edited by Marty McFly

Against those 4 teams (3 of whom were in the playoffs) Taylor averaged 257 yards a game, 45 yards a game on the ground and had 6 TDs to 1 INT. You ignore the Houston game in the middle of that stretch because it doesn't fit the narrative. If you add that back he has 10 TDs (1 of which is rushing ) and 1 INT in that 5 game stretch against 4 playoff teams. Those 5 teams had a combined record of 48-32. That is what we are picking on Tyrod for? That is the best that you can do?This is what it looks like when he is "grasping at straws?"

Nice research here. Cool to know im not the only one seeing this. Next seasons gonna be the tell all. even then TTs still the best of all our options at QB current, and last season, hands down.

TEAM RICE DRAFTS TYROD TAYLOR

Edited by Marty McFly

@JoeBuscaglia

Tyrod Taylor joins Richie Incognito and Eric Wood on Jerry Rice's team. He was the 5th of 6 QBs taken.

@buffalobills

The Bills #ProBowl trio is together on #TeamRice! We like your style, @JerryRice.

Richie Incognito, Tyrod Taylor and Eric Wood

CZxXjJAWQAANX93.jpg

anyone know who he was picked ahead of?