Is the Trumpster a Conservative?

B-Large

lol, such a long post. I'll have to reply in sections.

First, you do realize that there are probably a dozen different representations of the political spectrum, right? None of them has the authority to call itself the "correct" one.

I'm a traditionalist that likes to use the original left-right spectrum where left means egalitarian and the right opposes that. I can deal with modern representations of the spectrum as long as it maintains the egalitarian aspect of it as central.

See, I'm almost certain that you're the type of libertarian / conservative who would say that Hitler is left-wing. Am I wrong about that? I bet you I pegged you right, didn't I? If Hitler is left-wing, then left and right means nothing anymore.

B-I-N-G-O and Bingo was his name-o

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

lol, such a long post. I'll have to reply in sections.

First, you do realize that there are probably a dozen different representations of the political spectrum, right? None of them has the authority to call itself the "correct" one.

I'm a traditionalist that likes to use the original left-right spectrum where left means egalitarian and the right opposes that. I can deal with modern representations of the spectrum as long as it maintains the egalitarian aspect of it as central.

See, I'm almost certain that you're the type of libertarian / conservative who would say that Hitler is left-wing. Am I wrong about that? I bet you I pegged you right, didn't I? If Hitler is left-wing, then left and right means nothing anymore.

Any political spectrum not based on the intended purpose of government is bunk. The concept of left and right is absolutely meaningless, because it doesn't speak to the proper role of government involvement, and therefore is open to vaguery. It also doesn't account for many political ideologies, and leaves them undefinable within the model.

The axis model accounts for all ideologies and viewpoints, and plots them based on their beliefs about the proper role of government in society.

As an example, Mussolini, Stalin, and Hitler all fall in the upper left of the frame, Hitler being closest to the axis. They all believed in powerful authoritarian regimes which placed strict controls on both the economic and social aspects of their nations.

Conversely, I fall into the lower right box.

https://www.politicalcompass.org/test

Edited by TakeYouToTasker

Any political spectrum not based on the intended purpose of government is bunk. The concept of left and right is absolutely meaningless, because it doesn't speak to the proper role of government involvement, and therefore is open to vaguery. It also doesn't account for many political ideologies, and leaves them undefinable within the model.

The axis model accounts for all ideologies and viewpoints, and plots them based on their beliefs about the proper role of government in society.

As an example, Mussolini, Stalin, and Hitler all fall in the upper left of the frame, Hitler being closest to the axis. They all believed in powerful authoritarian regimes which placed strict controls on both the economic and social aspects of their nations.

I fall into lower right box as well.

+2 for the right -1.8 for libertarian. Closer to middle than I expected but not at all surprised where it put me.

Which stands to reason why Trump supporters feel they need a strong man with a big mouth running things. Overcompensating, I'm guessing.

rather than examining the history of the world, and understanding that America's classically liberal cultural history is due to the meeting of several sets of highly unlikely circumstances which divorced it from the rest of the world in terms of national politics.

That's actually an interesting take. What do propose when record levels of immigration no longer divorce you from the rest of the world, and the newcomers don't assimilate or even try to?

As far as the rest of it goes, it's amazing to me that you attribute political leanings to DNA as sorted by race;

No, I don't it's hardcoded in you to be a libertarian, lol. But I *do* think that if you continue to import populations that have 85 IQ, they most likely are not going to be productive, will most likely need handouts, and will have to vote to secure those handouts. The only way Republicans are going to win the Latino or Middle Eastern vote is to offer more handouts than the Democrats, which defeats the purpose of being an opposition party.

The Democrats are actually in-your-face about their plans to use demographics to make the country more left-wing. "Demographics are destiny," they will openly say. It's not about ideas anymore to them. They don't have to win the argument. They just need populations that depend on handouts to continue voting for handouts, which is a slam dunk. This doesn't even account for the advantage they have in persuasion, being in control of education, news media, and entertainment media.

The Constitution and free markets can't solve this dilemma, unfortunately. They will actually become the casualties of this dilemma.

The only thing that can save this country is to have the white birthrate be much greater than the Latino birthrate, Middle Eastern birthrate, and black birthrate. (That's the non-violent solution). Policies need to be instituted to make it happen.

That's actually an interesting take. What do propose when record levels of immigration no longer divorce you from the rest of the world, and the newcomers don't assimilate or even try to?

No, I don't it's hardcoded in you to be a libertarian, lol. But I *do* think that if you continue to import populations that have 85 IQ, they most likely are not going to be productive, will most likely need handouts, and will have to vote to secure those handouts. The only way Republicans are going to win the Latino or Middle Eastern vote is to offer more handouts than the Democrats, which defeats the purpose of being an opposition party.

The Democrats are actually in-your-face about their plans to use demographics to make the country more left-wing. "Demographics are destiny," they will openly say. It's not about ideas anymore to them. They don't have to win the argument. They just need populations that depend on handouts to continue voting for handouts, which is a slam dunk. This doesn't even account for the advantage they have in persuasion, being in control of education, news media, and entertainment media.

The Constitution and free markets can't solve this dilemma, unfortunately. They will actually become the casualties of this dilemma.

The only thing that can save this country is to have the white birthrate be much greater than the Latino birthrate, Middle Eastern birthrate, and black birthrate. (That's the non-violent solution). Policies need to be instituted to make it happen.

No, the immigrant populations will do pretty much what other immigrants have done. Sure, we might--oh horror!!--get national health care, but all things being equal, the country will be just fine, as will the Constitution, capitalism and everything else. If the Irish didn't destroy the country, no immigrant group will

No, the immigrant populations will do pretty much what other immigrants have done. Sure, we might--oh horror!!--get national health care, but all things being equal, the country will be just fine, as will the Constitution, capitalism and everything else. If the Irish didn't destroy the country, no immigrant group will

I thought we already got national health care?